Hondo's Bar

Bone

The NZA

Ah, what could have been.

He is Ted. He is a bug.

Big guys didnt like it, said it wouldn't make enough money, so they're giving it to the Happy Feet team. I think I would rather see 2D hand drawn animation.

Damn you Jax, you clearly have your fingers in many sinister pies. If Nick Cannon is in this, I swear to fucking god...

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Supergods really got me excited. Partly cause I first got introduced to British comics when, as a kid, I lived on a lonely Irish farm in the 80's. I was reading Secret Wars and Indiana Jones reprints and, for reasons of misplaced nationalism, I was leary of picking up this Captain Britain comic that had covers that were leaping off the shelves. Eventually I succumbed and was immediately hooked. I then found tattered back issues of Daredevils and Mighty World of Marvel. From these books Alan Moore was introduced to a fragile 10 year olds mind. The great thing about British Marvel was it didn't follow the U.S. parents policy of ignoring every other comic publisher. The letters pages and editorialswould have been more at home in fanzines and in fact they even reviewed local fanzines and independently publshed comics.

Reading Supergods reminded me of how much phenomenal talent emerged from the British scene.

Edited by Mrdukey

• 2 years later...

bone-02.jpg

Jeff Smith is going back to Boneville.

Ride along with the boys and their friend Bartleby the Baby Rat Creature as they brave the dangerous journey across the desert back to Boneville in their rickety cow cart. Written and drawn by creator Jeff Smith.

Also included in this new graphic novel is the complete text of The BONE Companion fully illustrated for the first time! Written by award winning comics historian Stephen Weiner, author of 101 Outstanding Graphic Novels, Faster than a Speeding Bullet: The Rise of the Graphic Novel, The Hellboy Companion, and The Will Eisner Companion.

All this plus rare behind the scenes photos & memories.

Phoneyboneoriginal.jpg

best comic sequel in forever, so hyped!

it's an adventure story with a lotta comedy elements to it...i don't rightly know, ive heard people compare it to a miyazaki piece or something but i'ts not the same kinda thing at all.

just so much charm to the characters & world, and it hooks you in early. i can thoroughly say a) i think you'd both really dig it and b) you'd know an issue or two tops if i was wrong

So this is a comedy book? What would you compare it to that I'd know?

Okay here's the pitch from the author's mouth himself (paraphrased.) Imagine Duck Tales or Mickey Mouse and the gang going on an epic adventure in a Tolkien-esque fantasy realm. That's pretty much the gist of Bone, it's a bit darker than that suggests (at times it's a lot darker but I don't want to oversell that aspect) it's a perfect all-ages book in that it really does have something for everyone. Another good comparison would be the Cartoon Network miniseries Over the Garden Wall or maybe a less spastic Adventure Time. Both of you should enjoy it.

My students love the BONE comics. Our school library has them all in hardback There are several versions now: original b&w, color, and color digest size. I personally got the giant, LOTR sized BONE all-in-one anthology a while back. While it was easier on the budget, it was a pain the arse to read. I recommend reading them in TPB sized volumes in the b&w if you can still get those. The color volumes are nice, too, but the b&w is just a style preference for this series for me.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin