Hondo's Bar

Best Zombie Movie Poll

Which is the best zombie movie?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, it might be a bit early for Land of the Dead to win, but I thought it still deserved to be up there! Well take your pick or add one that I might of forgot! The last two are jokes, of course (Sarah's gonna be mad at that Passion crack)!! This'll also be a way for me to check out some zombie flicks I ain't seen or hear of yet!! Get going people!!!

Edited by Thelogan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombi was an Italian zombie flick that was considered the "unofficial sequel" to the original Dawn of the Dead (over there it was titled Zombi 2)! The American release was actually called Zombie, but I think it's final title was Zombi! Anyways, it was considered a classic (and I can see why), but it really isn't all that good!! My favorite part is a scene where this chick goes topless scuba diving and encounters a Tiger Shark! Just when she thinks shes given the shark the slip, a fuckin' zombie comes out from inside the coral and attacks the bitch! Thats not it, though! In the strugle, the shark comes back and bites the zombie in the back!! Thats still not it!!!! Now the shark and zombie are cought interlocked in battle and the chick gets away to make sure that there are plenty more tit shots to enjoy!! That shit was awesome!! Just from that scene it should win this poll, but the movie really did suck...

Hey Zombi aint that bad. But yeah, a lot of the italian stuff is worth it more for certain great scenes than being good as a whole. They certainly don't bother with telling a story or anything. I think another title for it is Zombie Flesheaters.

If anyone actually liked Zombi, City of the Living dead is pretty sick. That one's also by Lucio Fulci

It's a hard pick for me between Dawn of the dead, night of the living dead, though Shawn of the Dead is temtping.

Oh, yeah, and I'd also include peter jackson's Dead-alive (Aka braindead) on there. I think it's better zombie comedy than Return of the living dead.

Well the thing I think is so great about Shaun of the Dead is that before seeing it, you think it's a parody or a satire in the National Lampoons/Mel Brooks tradition, but it's not, it's like a real zombie movie, it's just also a romantic comedy. Also, the reason I went with Shaun of the Dead is that I think it's a more realistic story on a human level, by that I mean, I think that's how real people would react in the situation that suddenly your town is overrun by zombies. You wouldn't really believe it at first, your plan would be half-thought through and clumsily executed. I could relate to Shaun, and that's why what was happening to him was even scarier than your standard run-of-the-mill Zombie movie.

I also loved the part when Shawn is talkin' to his mom on the phone and shes insisting that he not trouble himself by comin' over and Ed screams into the phone: "WE'RE COMING TO GET YOU, BARBRA!!!"

10 points to who (except Junker) can tell me what that is originaly from!!

• 5 months later...

So...City of the Living Dead was good? Cause ive seen the oldies, most of what's on this list besides RE2 and Return 1 & 2....and Zombi only sounds good for tiger sharks vs zombies, plus titties.

ps i think ima vote Thriller, because "im not like other guys..."

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,00 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation ot untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

I continue on my quest of good zombie flicks and was excited when a new one came out recently! "Undead"... simple, straight to the point, lets get this splaterfest started!! FUCKIN' AWFUL!!! I blame Skeeter!! Ausie flick with the stupidest story I ever fuckin' seen! Here's a rundown: Little town in Australia gets hit by metor shower, gas turns people to zombies, zombies eat remaining people! Awsome so far!! Then: Infected people start to be abducted by aliens and cured and returned when infection has run it's course! WHAT?! Crap, crap, crap!! Give me a zombie or an alien movie, but not both together! Once again, I blame Skeeter!!

• 6 years later...

Went with Shaun. Not my first zombie film, but it helped introduce me to the classics. Aside from that, I really do like it more than the others. ^^^Surprised Dead Alive wasn't in the poll too.

Undead deserves an honorable mention. Not poll worthy, but it got shat on by so many people I don't see why though. I really enjoyed it.

Undead is awesome. Panch is bein' foolish.

He's not alone, a lot of people hated that movie, or they were like "Oh my GAWD, that was sooooo dumb", even though the creators were clearly in on the joke and didn't take it seriously. You don't wanna be one of those people.

No, clearly this poll was created with traditional zombies in mind (28 Days Later the stretch). When aliens get introduced, that's when that goes out the window. Joke or no joke, I just didn't like that movie. Believe it or not, I try to take my zombie movies seriously.