Hondo's Bar

Best Guns N' Roses Song

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I figured Guns N' Roses was a good choice cause they had about ten songs that qualified for their best. So when I started to make the poll, I actually got about 13 or 14. I cut out Knockin On Heaven's Door and Live And Let Die cause they're both covers and did the best with what I had. As always, if your favorite isn't among these, feel free to post and rant and rave about it.

• 5 years later...

Wait, Guns N' Roses had good songs? :love:

heh, in all seriousness I never saw what was so great about them, they were like the next step down from Aerosmith which was the next step down from The Stones.

That and Axl Rose can break the laws of linguistics and put five syllables in the word "door"

Edited by Iambaytor

november rain is one of the worst rock songs ever, there's only so much cheese a man can take

first, Rage-hate, now this?! i wish i could change my vote to November Rain, ive matures so much in 5 years.

baytor's right about Axl & syllables, tho.

I am all about Rocket Queen. or Estranged... depends on my mood. Other times... I'm Pretty Tied Up. There's something about that trashy rawk. just gets a girl all kinds of...something I can't think of at the moment. some sort of big word that doesn't belong in a GN'R thread.

I loved the two disc buh-bye live album,

"you can dance to this shit fuckers!!"

Wait, Guns N' Roses had good songs? :welcome:

heh, in all seriousness I never saw what was so great about them, they were like the next step down from Aerosmith which was the next step down from The Stones.

Two steps down from the Stones is nothing to sneeze at. Seriously though, Guns N' Roses is mostly remembered for being the best rock band at one of Rock's lowest points in history. I mean, the major shit out there at the time was like Poison and Whitesnake and shit. Appetite For Destruction was a solid album at a time when there were few in mainstream rock.

• 4 years later...

Gah. We know Axel is washed up. Dick move for rubbing our faces in it, Nick.

I voted for "Sweet Child O' Mine". Like most, i think November Rain is amazin - if only for Slash's solos - and Don't Cry is also great, but that one just makes me happy every time i hear it, great song.

I like 2002 Nick better.

Also, You Could Be Mine was omitted in lieu of Nightrain. Pshh. Fuckin' Jax.

I just saw GnR in concert recently. Believe it or not, Axel can still rock it on stage. I grew up in a household that listened to GnR 24-7 so picking one song is pretty hard for me. I love don't cry, but I think i like the alt version better. In the end I went with Civil War because I can crank that pretty much any time of the day and be happy.

Y NO If you could be mine?

bindy - does he really have to take breaks between songs to catch his breath, though? i kept hearing that.

I asked my Aunt Marie (who got me the tickets and was there jamming with my cousin and I for the whole show) what was up with the tent next to the stage that he would occasionally go into when someone would have a solo. She told me that Axel (even in the old days) goes in there to do oxygen. Something about that pure oxygen high just gets him all revved up and he comes out on stage rockin again.

So yeah he does that but it's something he's ALWAYS done, not a new thing.