Hondo's Bar

MP3 recommendations

The NZA

A few ones for you IC, mainly cos there's not many good rock songs (that no-one would've heard of) around...

My current looped song is Fischerspooner - Emerge, they're a kind of avant garde techno band, got their album, not the best but this track is pretty bangin' by the end. For some reason it reminds me of Storm - Time to Burn, which if you haven't heard you should definitely get too.

The other is Mad'House - Like a Prayer, a fairly straight cover, a bit cheesy but with a nice thumping bassline.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll PM you so you see this, a few others you may or may not know:

Underworld - Moaner, off the Batman and Robin soundtrack but don't let that put you off! You may have it already if you have Beaucoup Fish though.

Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At? Don't know if this made it across the pond...

Planet Funk - Chase The Sun, a good trance choon you may not have.

alright.. here's some shit i've been wanting to pimp out for a while....

~Brother Lynch: he's a sick mother fucker from Sac who lives in this house in the suburbs and talks about eating babies....

~Kinky.. i metioned them in the concert thread.. i reccomend "Soun Tha Mi Primer Amor" amd "Corman (Static revenger remix)"

~the No-No's: Little nor-cal indie chick band (please jacks hold back your dyke comments)

~Bratmobile.. another grrrl band..really fun band

~i know Junker knows about these guys cause i told him.. but i dig.. this little emo band called "Juliana Theory"

also Zao is a good download..even though they are a christian band.. (hey...there's nothing wrong with that.....right?)

and one more.. check out "Die Trying.."

oh and another one...

~i'm a hardcore nirvana enthusiast..but if you haven't heard it i suggest the download...

Nirvana's cover of David Bowie's "Man who sold the world"

and also i dig this song a lot....

the remix of elvis' song "little less conversation"

OH one more.. i also dig the stones.. and GOB's cover version of "Paint it Black" rocks my socks... an oldie (came out i think in '99 but goodie)

• 1 month later...

Yahven left me with John Maer - "No Such Thing" a while back... You mightve heard "83" or Yahven's previous hype of this guy's cover of "Message in a bottle"; if not, he's a really good acoustic guy, really good stuff if youre in the mood. Lyrics alone make this song worth it; seriously, grab it if youve a chance, its fun.

I've heard 'no such thing'. It's pretty cool. Very DMBish, in a good way, not a wannabe way. IC, check out Makeshift Patriot by Sage Francis. You'd liek it. It's about hypocritical post-9/11 patriotism. Chorus: Makeshift Patriot, The flag shop is outta stock, I hang myself at half-mast.

I'm serious, check this one out, this is a great song. And the other one I recommended (Inherited Scars) has some cool sax playing that really works well with the hip-hop beats.

Havta check out Idelwild. SOF, KOS the rest of ya that made recommendations: finally download a few -

Fischerspooner - Emerge, Planet Funk - Chase the Sun, Basement Jax - Where's your head at?, and Storm - Time to Burn...all great techno tracks, good calls! Thanks again, keep em comin!

(Junker, those Lauryn Hill ones were good too)

Spiffy's recommendation: Chicane - Lost you Somewhere

Texas radio keeps playin a few fun ones, not sure if youve heard em yet:

Bowling for Soup - Girl all the bad guys want

Jack Johnson - Flake

Ill try Idlewild and Jax recommendations next.

Not too bad recommendations there IC. I 5th (or whatever) the Idlewild stuff, genius!

When our house finally gets the broadband connection I'm gonna hunt for a new file-sharing program now that AUdiogalaxy is kaput. I was gonna go for WinMX first, but what does everyone else like?

IC, for your techno electronica tastes try,

Zoot Woman - 'Living in a Magazine'

Laptop - 'I'm so happy you failed', and 'Nothing to Declare'

• 9 months later...

Recent downloads - thank ye kazaa - some good ones here:

NaS featuring Pharell - The Flyest (NaS' angels) - Radio better blow this one up...more reasons why he's the best rapper alive.

Timbaland, Missy & Magoo - Cop that shit (Chief, this is the one off the radio we couldnt find)

Freeway, Beanie Sigel & Jay-Z - What we do is wrong

Ludacris - Act a fool (Off 2 fast, 2 furious...cool ass song)

Ginuwine - Stingy (R&B, i like it better than "Those jeans" the one theyre blowing up now)

Jahiem - Put that woman first - more R&B, try Monica - So Gone if youre in the mood for this stuff

Gang Starr featuring Jadakiss - Right where you stand (fun old school-like rap)

DnD - Ex Ex Girlfriend (why do i like bad house so much?)

Pretty biased in my current tastes, but not many on this board :D this stuff out...ill keep it comin.

Damn, i miss SOF & his taste in techno.

Hah...i wish the RIAA would take my broke ass to court over my 23+ gigs of mp3's. I have little to no faith in lawyers as it is, but jesus, that one cant be a hard case.

"My client, one of 22 million that connected to kazaa today, took a few songs. They were backups, as he had the CD's before he pawned them for crack. Also, remember: its the fucking internet. Fuck you your honor and have a good day."

Chief - tried to get your Keith Murray, Redman & Erick Sermon - Yeah yeah you know it, but that one's a bitch...most of em on kazaa skip.

• 2 weeks later...