Hondo's Bar

MP3 recommendations

The NZA

Ill havta check that one out, Tussin...hey, you & Chiefy, you heard the remix of Mya's "Fallen" yet? Its got Pharcyde over the "Running" beat, really cool. Im jammin that, and most of Jigga's Black Album: Public Service Announcement, Lucifer, 99 Problems, Dirt off your Shoulder, and of course, Encore... :D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

...Jadakiss "Why", remixed with Nas & Common...? :D

Im all over Kazaa lookin for that bitch right now. Sample:

1. Nas and Common Steal "Why" Remix

Though Jadakiss' "Why" remix has only surfaced a few days ago, the streets are already buzzing about Nas and Common's standout verses. Backed by a slightly altered track and chorus, Common opens up his verse by inquiring, "why do they say I would change for a girl / why you worry about my clothes; if my flows gon' change the world." Later Com asks, "why Justin had to sell Janet out and go to the Grammys/why you kill in every song/why there's so many thrones/why we argue who is the king," before saying, "why they hype Britney up/they know she can't sing." On Nas' part, God' son also raises pertinent questions. "Why did the mergers try excluding L.A. Reid / he produced OutKast, Usher, top selling CDs," he asks. As the verse progresses, things get deeper and Nas ponders, "why do schools care more about your son's braids / then they do for his grades/why is Jesus Christ never played by black actors.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/bands_page.php?id=430

Comets on Fire.

Sub Pop has got an MP3 link on there to "Antlers of the Midnight Sun" for free.

Heard this shit on WVUM just now, and I had to know what it was. Crazy guitar-noise-experimental music that must be the second coming of psychedelic rock. It's totally nuts and out-of-control chaotic something. Amazing.

dj ario x (Aerial Assault)'s top 8 mp3 power picks for the week are:

1.Manteca- Dizzy Gillespie ( but only the big band version) - jazz

2.A Night in Tunisia - Art Blakey and the jazz messengers - jazz

3.Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell - Drop it like its hot ( hip hop)

4.LL cool J feat. Aurelius 7 - Hush (hip hop/R&B)

5.Lime - Angel Eyes (Retro)

6.The Killers - Somebody Told Me (Rock)

7.La Banda Gorda - Acelerao (merengue mambo)

8.Young Buck - Shorty wanna ride (thug shmit)