Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

yo, these are gonna be the schizznnit!

It was nice of you to put the two most retarded looking movie trailers I've seen up together like that. As a comedy, Limitless might work, but as a thriller it's dumb as shit. Source code just makes me wish they'd make a Quantum Leap movie.

Well, that article is really reaching. I'm not a Dreamworks hater. They've made some really solid flicks, but they've made some stinkers too, so the brand does not carry with it any kind of guarantee of quality the way Pixar does. Despite how it doesn't look that great, I will go see Cars 2, because I trust Pixar at this point more than I trust my instincts. The first Cars was Pixar's weakest film, and it was still worth the price of admission. I don't think the reason for a sequel is money, because it's their lowest grossing movie in over 10 years. Anyway, every point in that article was straining credibility.

It's their lowest grossing movie but it's also been the highest earner in merchandise, the margins add up.

That's true. Nonetheless, I will go see Cars 2. The first movie was the worse Pixar movie, but not a bad movie, at least in my opinion. Until I see a bad Pixar movie, I'll see everything and anything they put out despite my instincts, and my point was that Dreamworks has not earned that kind of credibility with me.

I agree w/ Jax in that the article is reaching a bit--but not by much. While Pixar has had far fewer misses than Dreamworks (I'd only count Ratatouille & Cars Pixar's "misses"), Dreamworks has put out many films that could stand toe-to-toe w/ Pixar--Megamind, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, & Kung-Fu Panda chiefly among them.