Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Benny knows he has no other choice than to go see this with me...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Jeeeesus, I never thought I'd see a Mr. Popper's Penguins movie, and now I wish I never had.

I hope Breaking Dawn has a scene that starts with Edward kissing Bella and then it fades to black and fades back in to Bella unconscious and covered with bruises. :wink:

I hope Breaking Dawn has a scene that starts with Edward kissing Bella and then it fades to black and fades back in to Bella unconscious and covered with bruises. :wink:

I somehow think they are going to Hollywood it up and show a little -- ya didn't glimpse him crushing the headboard?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno what to think of that. Looks like more of a prequel so that's cool, but they still seem to just copy scenes from the first one (we know that dog one is gonna happen).

Also I usually have no problem with remakes using CGI to do fx of older films that used practical, but you'd think that with all the fucking advances in practical effects (there have been advances right?) that a movie would make an effort to utilize that more.

It's being billed as a prequel, not a remake.

Yeah, agreed to more practical effects. There have to have been advances.

I think the main issue is that CG is just ridiculously cheap in comparison, and they don't have any physical limitations. When producers are crunching numbers, they're gonna want to go CG every time. I wish someone would just bite the bullet and spend a few hundred million on badass puppets instead, personally.

It seems like there hasn't been a big budget studio movie that relied on practical effects for decades now (Dog Soldiers doesn't count).

I saw that one before X-Men: First Class. I hate myself a little for this, but I want to see that movie. I wanted to see the last one too, and I paid for it with a brutal fucking. I will go into this one with lube in hand.

I like how they made Caesar's eyes convey emotion and intelligence.

Edit: Not Final Destination. You snuck that one in on me. :2T:

Edited by Thelogan

I just realized that all the promotion of Rise of the Planet of the Apes is essentially a huge spoiler for the end of the first Apes film. I guess they're assuming everyone knows the ending, but a lot of young people might not. I'm not upset about this, it's just that it only just now dawned on me.

Edit: Not Final Destination. You snuck that one in on me. :2T:

He's trying to make a monkey outta you!!!

That movie is looking to shape up to be pretty bananas and more fun than a barrel of you-know-what! Someone get this monkey offa my back cause my puns are going apeshit! In all seriousness folks this movie looks chimply amazing.

• Upvote 1