Hondo's Bar

American football vs Soccer football

The NZA

Football!  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its big here in miami, but we have a lotta south american & otherwise kids here that adore it, too. i played a bit till i realized that i was kinda fast, but praciticing with this kids from ecuador...you could be a fatty and still know how to teleport the ball around me somehow. Its crushing.

anyway, why its not big here is a popular topic. Some argue the score's are too low for our liking, but then baseball's not a high scoring game either. Baseball's slow most times, but that argument doesnt hold for scooer either.

I dont know. Mebbe if we had a good team, between that and the rising latin population here, itll catch on more mainstream in the future. Put it this way: i dont think its all over our ESPN coverage, but where i live, i see way more kids outside playing soccer than any other sport.

Way i see it, the USA national team are quite good

They're ok, they'll never be world beaters though.

'cos soccer will never pass out nfl, nba, nhl and the baseball thing.

Best teams in the world?

Brazil

Argentina

Italy

in every one of these countries the people are obsessed with soccer,

and that'll never happen in u.s., therefore they'll never be world beaters and Therefore the u.s. will lose interest,

'cos if their not the best they don't care about it.

Edited by alive she cried

Best teams in the world?

Brazil

Argentina

Italy

Man....don't test me! Brazil had its time...now, honestly, after they lost Scolari,

and after Ronaldo's surgery...its tough, you got these guys losing their cool on the field

and well a lot of pressure was put on Ronaldinho.

Argentina....well do not get me started....I mean, yeah they are always favorites

but their over the top, cocky shit always takes its toll. Besides, I cant stand them

and Italy: they were my second choice for 2006, usually a first (thanks to my mother's side) but PORTUGAL won me over.

I go for the fighting underdogs, those with courage and hunger...those that will give it all they've got humbly and make the

best out of the sport and I believe that Portugal proved it in the 2004 Euro Cup and the 2006 World Cup. After almost 40 years

of making it to the semifinals, they were determined to fight for it, it was beautiful!

I did say the USA were quite good, not world beaters but their current fifa ranking is 31, which altogether isn't too bad.

And they got to the quarter finals in 2002, not a bad showing.

Still i think where soccer's strength in the us is that more and more kids are playing it, maybe parents don't want their kids playing full contact like american football/hockey, and see soccer as a safer option.

Brazil may be a fading star as far as recent form suggests, but they are more than ronaldo, yes he has been crap and over weight since his surgery, but he could be transferred soon which will hopefully mean he'll come back again. But Brazil have some excellent players, not just Ronaldinho, how bout Kaka, Robinho, Baptista, Adriano, Dida.

Argentina, favourites for WC 2006 choked, big time, yes they are a great team, but i was expecting a lot more from them, they have some excellent players also.

Italy, their defense won them the world cup, not their attacking, Cannavoro, what a defender.

Top 5 @ end of 2006 are (according to FIFA)

Brazil

Italy

Argentina

France

England :D wtf!

Then you've Germany, Holland and Portugal in the top ten as well, so Europe is well represented there.

But yeah, everyone loves an underdog, the more the spot light is put on MLS, as a result of the Beckham deal, i think it can only be good for the American game, yeah we know its not gonna topple the usuals off the pecking order, but if it gets more popular, it means they'll have better players playing in america, not going off to Europe to ply their trade

I did say the USA were quite good, not world beaters but their current fifa ranking is 31, which altogether isn't too bad.

And they got to the quarter finals in 2002, not a bad showing.

Still i think where soccer's strength in the us is that more and more kids are playing it, maybe parents don't want their kids playing full contact like american football/hockey, and see soccer as a safer option.

Brazil may be a fading star as far as recent form suggests, but they are more than ronaldo, yes he has been crap and over weight since his surgery, but he could be transferred soon which will hopefully mean he'll come back again. But Brazil have some excellent players, not just Ronaldinho, how bout Kaka, Robinho, Baptista, Adriano, Dida.

Argentina, favourites for WC 2006 choked, big time, yes they are a great team, but i was expecting a lot more from them, they have some excellent players also.

Italy, their defense won them the world cup, not their attacking, Cannavoro, what a defender.

Top 5 @ end of 2006 are (according to FIFA)

Brazil

Italy

Argentina

France

England :) wtf!

Then you've Germany, Holland and Portugal in the top ten as well, so Europe is well represented there.

But yeah, everyone loves an underdog, the more the spot light is put on MLS, as a result of the Beckham deal, i think it can only be good for the American game, yeah we know its not gonna topple the usuals off the pecking order, but if it gets more popular, it means they'll have better players playing in america, not going off to Europe to ply their trade

you're forgeting that samll clump of rubbish, it's shitting all over my arm, you wank