Hondo's Bar

American football vs Soccer football

The NZA

Football!  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been YEARS since Dark posted this, but I think it needs recognition (y'all just ignored the shit outta him). I agree completely. It's all about were you grew up. Soccer's just not popular in America, because it's considered 'foreign'. Football's not cool everywhere else because of the same reason.

100% agree

Now, let me ask this question to all the 'foreigners' on here: Is there youth football (football is football and soccer is soccer) in your countries? Cause it's not like Americans don't grow up playing soccer. Every little kid in America, for the most part, have been in some youth soccer league. Me included. So why the fuck, if every American kid plays soccer, is it not more popular? Because there are cooler sports here. Simple. Football, baseball, basketball all dominate the American airwaves. Maybe, if you guys were a little more open minded about sports, i.e. having youth football leagues, you'd probably have more appreciation for it. And respect.

Well, you see, being from Europe we have a little something called history, and we play the many sports which we have created over the last few Millennia.

Forgive us if we don't feel like playing repackaged, bastardised versions of our own games.

For example,

Ice Hockey (Based on the 3,000 year old Irish game Hurling (The fastest field sport in the world))

American Football (Based on Rugby, Football)

Baseball (Based on Cricket, Rounders)

I can't think of of a sport basketball could be ripped off, and surprise, surprise, we do have basketball leagues and it is the most popular of all American sports but it still is nowhere near as popular as our sports. *

* a certain amount of urine may have been extracted in this response.

• 1 month later...

panch - we tried that for like a decade; it only got fun when it devolved into kill the man with the ball. your brother handed it off to me once and i scored a touchdown cause you guys weren't paying attention.

it was the best day of my life

I doubt a rugby player makes as much as football players.

Nick. I played with Ario, Eddie, P-Rez, Reflex, DePena and a bunch of refs on Thanksgiving. It was a blast. Next game we get going, I'm calling you (in 14 years)!

Edited by Panch

You're completely not getting what I'm saying, so I'll leave you where you are. High wages do not a good sport make.

You're saying because the sport of rugby came first and has the same shaped ball and is violent in nature that football is a copy of rugby... and all I'm saying is that football is the PERFECTED version of it.

I love Soccer with all my heart...the World Cup happening this summer was the best part of the whole summer...it's so sad that it can work out to happen every summer...that would just be so amazing...I played soccer for years, as did all my brothers. It is a sport that takes control, endurance, power, and serious skills...I have nothing but respect and admiration for the men and women that play the sport...here are just a few of my favorites!

Altidore_JozyHeadshot.jpg

bocachinosoccer.jpg

Cristiano_Ronaldo.jpg

FrancevArgentinaInternationalFriendlyok87U76SRWNl.jpg

howard_1_1024x768.jpg

jay-demerit.jpg

jhernendez.jpg

landon_donovan_usa_everton.jpg

messi.jpg

• 3 months later...

NFL football bores the dogshit out of me to watch. I can at least watch Soccer without passing out.

anyway, why its not big here is a popular topic.

Well, my personal outsiders view on sports in general kinda explains this. Sports guys get all mad at me everytime I bring this up, but there's clearly a sexual undercurrent here. Right off the bat, you guys shouldn't be all offended by this, but it's also pretty difficult to deny. Not that there's anything wrong with it and it doesn't say anything negative about you, there are millions upon millions of sports fans all over the world. Don't rip me to shreds here.

Football language is pretty clear about this. The point of the game is to enter your opponents end zone as much as you can while using a variety of backs and ends (including those that are split and tight) who attempt to find the hole so they can penetrate as deeply as possible into their opponents territory.

That accurately wraps it up, right?

Am I really supposed to ignore all that language and the relationship between the center and the quarterback? The winner is the one that can butt fuck his opponent the most times, it's just a more civilized form of animal male dominance behavior or prison rape. And they throw a dirty cloth at you if you don't play by the rules, because you're just masturbating instead of fucking.

Most popular sports have this kind of symbolism.

Now, take all that as fact (and it is), Americans put a lot more emphasis on scoring. They want to get straight to the fuck fuck fucking, whereas foreplay plays a much bigger role on European culture. American football has a lot of deep dicking and then on to the next quickie, Soccer is a lot of foreplay with the eventual big, long, loud GOOOOOOAAAAAAL. Culturally, I think a lot of American guys just don't have the patience for all the kissing and cuddling.