Hondo's Bar

American football vs Soccer football

The NZA

Football!  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, you're saying that the NFL is the equivalent to Chess while Soccer is Chutes and Ladders.

Gotcha :birf2:

Football is soccer. Seriously, I don't even care about the merits of one being entertaining, challenging, or whatnot. I'm going to go with the one that moves the ball by use of the goddamn foot.

basically, you're saying that the NFL is the equivalent to Chess while Soccer is Chutes and Ladders.

Close, I'd say footie is more akin to chinese checkers than chutes and ladders. For an athletic IQ 4 year old like me, chinese checkers is tons more fun hehe

Now there is no doubt that under the defenition of football=sport of foot hit the ball then football with the round ball is the "real" football. BUT, we're in America, land of the free and of little logic sense. Such a sound argument would fall on deaf ears, thus I brought up alternative views :birf2:

As far as Man U winning... I'm no wank lol . Though I think Liverpool will take it all, I'd like to see Chelsea take away a win from the big 3 for a change.

Though I think Liverpool will take it all, I'd like to see Chelsea take away a win from the big 3 for a change.

no fucking way man, if we beat barcelona which i think we will, i can't see us losing to liverpool in the final (that's if they beat chelsea of course) they're just not good enough. yes i know they usually perform above their abilities in europe but, determination can only take you so far.

so do you follow european football closely?

Edited by alive she cried

hell no, that was awesome. sure, my pride's wounded when an overweight argentinian in his 40's can teleport the ball past me, but once i get past that, i wanna play to try to grasp the mere physics of that.

its funny too; i played regularly with them for like a month or two before my skills picked up; as a fullback, i finally stopped one of their power players from scoring a goal, and on the break right after that, they all introduced themselves, like i was now worthy of names.

honestly, if aadil hadnt moved and my connection to them not left for some central american med school, id still go. id love to play a good pickup game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...