Hondo's Bar

American football vs Soccer football

The NZA

Football!  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brazil may be a fading star as far as recent form suggests, but they are more than ronaldo, yes he has been crap and over weight since his surgery, but he could be transferred soon which will hopefully mean he'll come back again. But Brazil have some excellent players, not just Ronaldinho, how bout Kaka, Robinho, Baptista, Adriano, Dida.

Yes, Kaka, Dida, Robinho...etc, but they slacked a lot. Ronaldo should not be playing..the team trainer told him he was not ready, but they have to push, of course it's all money.

Argentina, favourites for WC 2006 choked, big time, yes they are a great team, but i was expecting a lot more from them, they have some excellent players also.
i dont like them...period

Italy, their defense won them the world cup, not their attacking, Cannavoro, what a defender.

I agree, their defense was what helped them.. BUt ohh Totti sooooo dreamy!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never really rated italy much as a team, they dont play football.. they sit in front of the goal for 89 minutes after getting an early goal, failing that, they dive like a bunch've cunts in the box and win an illegitimate penalty.. not to mention have one of the worst discipline records in the whole of the world cup

personally, i knew brazil weren't gonna tick over at the world cup... ronaldinho burned himself out with the long season he had, ronaldo is out of shape, fair enough, he hit them in when it counted, but still, out of shape none the less, adriano hasn't been good for about a year now, cafu has lost his legs, roberto carlos was never good, end of... kaka, well, he's world class... no other way about it...

in the world cup, i honestly thought for once, that spain were going to go somewhere, them along with the czech republic (who can never be wrote off)(Unless they're playing ghana) and the dutch, who had an intensely strong squad, were my picks...

after seeing the first three games, i thought spain or argentina were going to win it, mostly because they were the only ones who looked dominant... maybe germany after them... but fuck, i was shocked when italy won it... and when france came second... bunch've old fading stars n shit

T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

D, to tha E, to tha L-I-S--

Oh hello, I didn't see you there. My name's Skeeter, but you can call me daddy. Haha

When I'm not bobbing away to that irrepresible fergie's latest album, I'm fighting. Now 'What does that mean for me?' you may ask, but I'm here to tell you. I'm currently campaigning(I'd use the term 'fighting', but it's such an ugly word) for moderator status of Hondos Fight Club and I need your help. Y'see, there's a man who says fluffball polls about who's had more underaged arse between Iron Man & the Green Lantern are a pulsing underbelly to rich cultural statements, but won't allow fisting. Now a few of you may ask, 'But Skeet, how do we fight without fists?' and that's a damned good question Timmy. Where would we be without fists? How would conflicts be settled? How else would a man satisfy my mother?*

I think as a society, we need fists, fisting, and any other verb or noun involving knuckles. We can grow as a nation under the principles of Fisting, but not while certain people can't stand to see them in Fight Club. There's two sides to every story though, so let's see what Arc has to say about this:

That's what i thought. Help me help you all, by voting for me, Skeeter, come election day. Not only do I promise to make FC a fistier place, but additionally, drunk with the flavour of my own power** I will witchhunt one significant member of this board to his or her cyber-grave in 2007. It could be anyone, so feel free to make a few requests. Remember now, that's SKEETER. Not Jesus or SKETR. Skeeter: For a better tomorrow, today.

*Before she died of course, god rest her soul :benny:

**Drunkenness may or may not be 100% power- the exact mix really can't be anticipated, but chances are good that beer and/or nazi sympathy may be involved

***Seriously, I'm incredibly wasted(it's taken 5 good tries to get that word right) right now so if you find this inappropriate, take it down & PM me the quoted version- I'll be gunning for your mod-rights soon.

"Argentina, favourites for WC 2006 choked, big time, yes they are a great team, but i was expecting a lot more from them, they have some excellent players also."

"i dont like them...period"

Why so they played some fantastic football and scored the best goal ever

So what? Is that supposed to make me like them?? LMAO!!! you're funny...

Ok, so they score the best goal...so what! ONE GOOD GOAL! wtf? kid, i dont like them, I DONT LIKE THEM, I DO NOT LIKE THEM...oh...wait, that's right, they scored the best goal EVER! wtf am I thinking!!!

ok... calm down.

No but their display of breathtaking soccer should make you respect them at least.

Ok, so they score the best goal...so what! ONE GOOD GOAL! wtf?

One good goal? did you actually watch the world cup?

There's no need to start attacking me, we're merely expressing opinions here.

I was just curious about why you hated them

Ok, so they score the best goal...so what! ONE GOOD GOAL! wtf? kid, i dont like them, I DONT LIKE THEM, I DO NOT LIKE THEM...oh...wait, that's right, they scored the best goal EVER! wtf am I thinking!!!

they scored one amazing individual goal and one stunning team goal.. and in the group stages looked like they were odds on to win it... they came up against a german side who had done their homework, and well, outplayed them somewhat

as to why you don't like them, i wouldn't mind hearing why..

pissy because peru have a shitty national team?

their display of breathtaking soccer should make you respect them at least.
Well, then. ok ASC, I'm not mad at you particularly, just some of that diarreah that came out of your mouth! :)

Here's the deal:

I don't respect them, I don't want to respect them, I do not care to.

Argentina has a terrible reputation and if there was ONE argentinian player that I would respect, it would be Batistuta.

One good goal? did you actually watch the world cup?

I'm just answering to your: "scored the best goal ever" when I said that! of course they had more than ONE goal! They wouldnt have

made it as far as they did if it wasn't for that! But this "best goal" is not gonna make me change how I feel about them.

There's no need to start attacking me, we're merely expressing opinions here.

I was just curious about why you hated them

I express my opinion too...all the time...I dont take offense, but I do make my opinion known when i feel strongly about something. In this

case my disgust with Argentinian Sportsmanship (not just them--but they are at the top of my disgust list)

--I'm gonna pull a DoJ and say that I will come back to this soon. (i want to address DoJ before 'm late for my date!)

they scored one amazing individual goal and one stunning team goal.. and in the group stages looked like they were odds on to win it...

they came up against a german side who had done their homework, and well, outplayed them somewhat

"somewhat"?? you mean penalty kicks?

as to why you don't like them, i wouldn't mind hearing why..
for 1 Maradona--i know he was great! but all these fuckers adolized him and he's an idiot, a drug addict and a terrible role model for many young soccer

players and fans. Yet the country supports everything he does and says, they have him on a fuckin' pedestal, this does upset me. Weakness--lack of discipline

, etc.

pissy because peru have a shitty national team?

WTF??!! this is your best? are you serious? LOL ok, DoJ--Do you EVER hear me talk about Peru and it's shitty soccer team?!

That team's lack of World Cup prescence (as well as many other under-developed countries) become more of a monetary issue, rather than actual skill, but you wouldn't know about that...

disregard penalty kicks all you like, but still, it takes a lotta balls and a lotta thought from the goalkeeper to do well at them, whats more, jens lehmann (the german gk) had it wrote on a piece of paper stashed in his sock, how each player shot most of the time

that my friend is doing your homework...

as for argentinian players being respected, there are many greats out there besides batitsuta and mister i have a cocaine belly...

ariel ortega, javier zanetti, fernando redondo, diego simeone roberto ayala and roberto sensini are all footballing greats greats too

whats more, in redondo's case, one of 2-3 footballers who actually made me want to play the game

ps, the quip about the peruvian team was nothing more than a joke... chill out eh? you always have claudio pizarro, nolberto solano and jefferson farfan to help you out

Well our Soccer team has done fuck all recently, so we can't exactly point the finger at anyone! :birf:

Its the case in many south american countries where the economy isn't great, after Argentina's recent troubles, i'm amazed they were able to assemble a team, but FIFAs rules are that the National Association can't be interefered with by the Govt.

I agree, Maradona was one of the greatest players ever, but to hold him high up when he's a reformed coke fiend is a bit hard to take.

Its like George Best, the best ever Irish player, (second to roy keane in my opinion) he was an alco!

i'm aware we've done fuck all but lose and further more Not live up to expectations recently... we're missing some proper quality on the team though. thats the thing....

there's given , who is the best player on the team...

most people will say keane or duff, but thats bullshit... they're two of the most inconsistent players i think i've seen in a while...

mcgeady i'd rate more than duff...

but our defence, since cunningham's retired internationally, we haven't looked the same..

as with our midfield and roy keane...

and we haven't looked like we've had a proper strike force in years..

lets just hope this injury to doyle is a blessing in disguise for shane long and anthony stokes to get a good run out in the national squad...

i'm aware we've done fuck all but lose and further more Not live up to expectations recently... we're missing some proper quality on the team though. thats the thing....

there's given , who is the best player on the team...

most people will say keane or duff, but thats bullshit... they're two of the most inconsistent players i think i've seen in a while...

mcgeady i'd rate more than duff...

but our defence, since cunningham's retired internationally, we haven't looked the same..

as with our midfield and roy keane...

and we haven't looked like we've had a proper strike force in years..

lets just hope this injury to doyle is a blessing in disguise for shane long and anthony stokes to get a good run out in the national squad...

Ok, no team in the world would look the same if they lost keane, look at france now they've no Zidane.

McGeady better than Duff, man, i so don't agree. For a start he's playing in the SPL

But he does have potential.

When the duffman is fit, and on form, there are few better left wingers better than him.

Cunningham, in his last 2 yrs was cack, imo. He should have gone earlier, as i previously said, i feel McShane and Dunne is the central defence going forward, but don't be surprised to see John O'Shea in there at some stage.

I don't see us qualifying this time round, but if we blood enough youth, who knows, world cup 2010 could be on!

Doyle's injury has probably saved Robbie Keane, cos personally i'd drop him, to show him he's not invincible.

But would stan drop his captain and play Doyle & Stokes? I don't think so. Keane is a very experienced internation, and you can't buy that

Edited by soldier of fortune

Its the case in many south american countries where the economy isn't great, after Argentina's recent troubles,

i'm amazed they were able to assemble a team, but FIFAs rules are that the National Association can't be interefered with by the Govt.

Peru is a VERY corrupt country and people -the society--is more concerned with surviving and earning money the quick and easy way, rather than

take pride and show patriotism through a discipline (Soccer/Futbol) and though FIFA has its rules and regulations, this will not stop dirty money from interfering.

Same thing happens with most underdeveloped countries...Now, Argentina RECENTLY had a nasty downfall economically, but their teams had already been

established for a long tima and maintained, and the government didnt vary so much.

I agree, Maradona was one of the greatest players ever, but to hold him high up when he's a reformed coke fiend is a bit hard to take.

I'm a firm believer in sportsmanship and discipline in a sport. My parents have always taught me about that and while i was in a team, whther playing volleyball, or soccer, I had a clean body, I would do my best not to cheat and think of my team mates. It may sound Utopian, but that is the main reason why i do not respect Maradona. On the other hand: Pele!...he was something!

What Ireland needs is a united team, you've got some kick arse players but they're spread out on different sides. There's been speculation on it for years though, I don't think that'll ever happen.

I wouldn't take any players from the NI team!

Personally, i don't think they have any players better than what we have, except maybe David Healy.

A united Ireland team will never happen, well not in my life time.

For it to happen the UK would have to give up the 6 counties, its just too messy politically.

this a complete assumption on my part but,

i think there's an all ireland team 'cos rubgy is a very "posh" sport traditionally associated with rich protestants,

i don't think initially catholics tried or wanted to join the team, so because only protestants wanted to play, there was no need for segregation.

and now they can't change and go back.

Edited by alive she cried

• 2 weeks later...