Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

how'd you like 1?

2's a sequel in every sense of the word: combat engine's improved (more brutal, more quick-time-event-like), the plot's darker & a bit changed but i made it about halfway through. Its a great rental, i dont know that id buy it; if you're inclined later, id wait till its used & cheap. Gamefly offered it for like $30 and that's too high for me right now, i got too many other games going.

The Doll Factory level was great, though.

• 1 month later...

so while everyone's still on GTA, ive been trying to clean up the queue before Metal Gear 4 comes out in a few weeks. Im halfway through Ratchet & Clank for PS3, and its a great platformer. I keep trying PS2 ones i didnt finish like Zone of Enders 2, Siren, Fatal Frame 2 etc but nothing's hooked me. Im debating getting back to Beyond Good & Evil, or following bish and newt back into Persona 3.

Jax & Sen are all over N+, a ninja flash game for XBLA, and having just got Penny Arcade Aventures (which is awesome) i think im set.

on a side note, the demo for Bourne Conspiracy was surprisingly fun, better than id expected anyway.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so 100+ hours into Persona 3, and at the last boss but i put it down for fear of the remaining 5 hours of grinding i have ahead to even nearly be ready for it, i fear.

So, with Braid done, im onto Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People on the wii, but even that got sidetracked with spiffytee finally returning some of my dreamcast goods - got Shenmue 2 back ( :wank: ) as well as Typing of the Dead and my DC keyboard, which shall now own the casual crowd of my room for the next week or so, hopefully.

Downloading Berserk, Lack of Love, Omikron and Crazy Taxi to help replace more of my lost games. Good ol' Dreamcast.

Braid and Geomentry Wars 2 have been getting a bunch of playtime lately. I played a bunch of Patapon, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Megaman 2 during the trip up to orlando this weekend. Gotta get back to No More Heroes, and Condemned 2. No More Heroes is interesting, want to see where it goes, I have 2 dudes left I think.

Gotta get back to No More Heroes, and Condemned 2. No More Heroes is interesting, want to see where it goes, I have 2 dudes left I think.

I really gotta get back to NMH, and im thinking of re-renting condemned 2, had fun with that one. lotta better looking horror games coming soon though, so we'll see.

• 2 months later...

this month, shit's dropping like a pigeon.

i hear Fable 2 was really worth playing. im sitting on bish's Gears of War that id borrowed to try to get hyped for part 2, but didnt even finish the first level, due to my previously spoken over-saturation of shooters for the moment. Again, Resistance 2 beta, just sitting there as well.

ive got Space Cowboy's Ultimate Alliance (and Assasin's Creed, for like a year now), as well as Los' Call of Duty 4. these are all highly acclaimed games, never-you-mind my piqued interest in Fallout 3 right now.

but this week, there's gonna be a demo for Mirror's Edge, and like Dead Space was for me last week, i think this one's coming in under a lot of radars, and EA might just knock it outta the park again. I honestly cant budget much past Left 4 Dead next month, and maybe Persona 4 in december. i look forward to catching up on shit a few months from now when the locals are all bored of what theyre buying.

but the rumors of Street Fighter II HD coming to PSN/XBL in the coming weeks make me wish i could buy a quality joystick, and its sad enough i want a wii classic controller for all the emulators i dumped onto it recently. im that broke.

but meantime? ive got endless joy from LittleBigPlanet, and with Los' help, found a way to rig a PS2 controller to my PC, and just started Grim Fandango, cant wait to put some time into it in the coming weeks, mebbe make me revisit Psychonauts (its up there with Beyond Good & Evil in terms of "fuck i should really finish this one day"), and again, Mother/Earthbound 3 just finally came out, and its fucking free. It currently taunts me on both my Wii and DS, which ive been spending more time with lately in hopes of seeing how Hotel Dusk turns out.

really, i may be broke, but im a spoiled fucking kid with all these quality titles i need to finish. im finally getting into online play, and im realizing: i want to do so cooperatively, or maybe 2-D hadokenning. if im gonna be shooting things over the internets, they need to be zombies.

...did you know they have DS games to learn spanish and japanese? theyre about as fun as they sound, but im so playing the spanish one now. damn you kertins, if youll not teach me your evil language, nintendo will.

both, game's multi-plat but they're saying the demo's definitely this week - if you pre-pay (or have a hookup) at gamestop, you can get a code for another demo, a time trial mode that test how fast you can navigate the rooftops of the city, which half the trophies/achievements hinge on.

the PS3 version is said to have exclusive DLC later on, but again, i tend to make sure its a game i can see myself playing past completion before making that a big factor in my purchase. i mean, shit, MS paid out the ass for that GTA IV content that we still havent seen. but yeah, to answer your questions, everyone should have it soon.