Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Well, no Castlevania has been as good as Symphony of the Night, but damned if this one (and Dawn of Sorrow as well) aren't close. Sweet boss fights, and the two character system works rather well.

2nd

Did you get the bonus that came with the game.

:muggin: Metal Gear portable ops, not out for a while yet this side of the pond, will just have to buy it online somewhere! I'll have that for my PSP

Anyway, just bought Resident Evil 2 and 3 off ebay, will get resident evil as well, then i'll have all the originals. Played a little of 2 last night and its held up pretty ok but alas i don't have a PS1 memory card to save so i'll have to get one of those too.

still knee-deep in Shin Megami, but Bishop fucked me up this week with his collection of games. I wish i was playing:

Max Wright Lawyer game (i forget it exacly): OBJECTION!!! haha this was more fun that id imagined it being. i can never again be entertained simply watching court TV.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife: Sold me on the Wii port. This is what im talkin about, its a simple concept that i never saw in a game before, and i cant wait to see this, hopefully Wright, Animal Crossing etc on the wii.

Metal Gear: Portable Ops: :???: finally, a use for a PSP...

holy shit! its one thing to make the comc thing work, and even make Ashley Wood's art look alright in motion. Its another that i was expecting another irrelevant acid/card game, and this is a true MGS game, not some "revenge of Snake" knockoff. Its Big Boss, and i fucking met Roy Campbell in like the first 10 minutes! and someone asked me about the philosophers legacy, then tazed me in the taint! ooooh man i gotta borrow it offa bishop when he's done and hijack panch's PSpaperweight. I may not get to play MGS 4 in '07 by god but this i shall.

Castlevania was fun too, and the new Mario one as well but i spent most of my time getting wailed on in the mutliplayer mode. Point is, i need to find a way to get a DS now. fuck.

Tom clancy's rainbow six; Las vegas.

ive always been a lover of these games, and seeing them taken to a whole new level of detail, size and combat options just makes it even better. i'm not that far into it as of yet, but i can tell i'm going to be enthralled by it for weeks to come

Pro Evolution 6.

at first, after the ps2 demo, i had my doubts about it, but now that ive got it on the 360, i no longer have them, unlike many fifa games, you can actually play the kind of football that looks attractive, fast paced and is, total football, the graphics are stunning too.. all in all, im glad i gave this a second try

Project Gotham Racing 3

a good ol racing game, great graphics, great engine, physics a little questionable, but other than that, its a good game.. my only main complaint with it is, its a touch easy, even on hard i found it easy, you gain credits too easily and hence you get something like the murcielago gt and you just thrash everything and anything.... other than that, its a fun fun play.

Gears Of War

well, visually.. stunning... i, personally wouldn't be a huge fan of third person shooting, but its a challenge im going to get used to, i've only played into the first level, but i can already tell with some of the movements you can do, its going to be an intensely fun and gripping game

Grim fandango

ol skool, but its one of the games from the seam of gold lucasart were producing from, along with sam and max, full throttle and the monkey island games... doesn't have the graphics of the above mentioned games, but its just a brilliant game... something i'd reccomend to fans of the monkey island games

Final Fantasy V Advance: Fun game, I remember stuggling through the SNES import years ago when I thought we would never ever see a release of this game in the US, the combat is still fun as ever, and I'd be further along if not for...

Ys; Oath in Felghana: Got my hands on the beta english patch for this and spent the last day or so blowing through it. I'd already beaten it in the Japanese like 3 times or so. In English it's a lot better of course.

I spent $100 importing this game from Japan and I have absolutely no regrets about it. Not only did it come with an 8 CD collection of every music CD released for Ys III (the Ys this is a remake of), but the game itself is far and away the best action RPG I have ever played. The action is great, the levels are huge, and the controls are amazing, especially for a PC game.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes Action RPGs, and it blows every other Ys out of the water as far as gameplay is concerned. Ys VI: Ark of the Napishtim was a great game, but OiF takes that engine and just cranks it up another notch.

Next I'll have to get my hands on Ys: Origin.

• 2 weeks later...

last night, got bored of Shin Megami, so i took up FF XII - good game, plot's crazy but i didnt get too far...town's huge! then, i got eaten by a giant wolf and his kids on my 2nd missino 3 times or so, and i think i palyed Street Figthter III: 3rd impact for the first time. Its not as bad as i recall, but its kinda hard.

i got more PS2 games than i know what to do with.