Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

I just got Max Payne a while back, i gotta finish that one one day. I wonder how part 2 turned out?

and please let me know how Great Escape goes, im thinking of joining your cause.

I actually rather enjoyed Max Payne 2. It's much grittier (compared to the first game) and it's disturbing look at the collapse of Max Payne as a person after the events of the first game. The dream sequences of the first game make their appearance and they're as bizarre as they were then.

It's a good one to check out, in my opinion.

man,, max payne is one of my favorite games ever... it just brought something else to the shoot em up genre of games Imo, the bullet time, the comic motif over it..

the second one was pretty good, but theres something about the tone and noir in the first one that wins it for me....

Have you heard that there are actually 2 Max Payne movies being worked on right now? One is an Indie film, and the other one seems to be an actual Hollywood production.

And there's the possibility of Max Payne 3, but with everyone over there working on Alan Wake, doesn't look like we'll see more of Max for a while.

And there's the possibility of Max Payne 3, but with everyone over there working on Alan Wake, doesn't look like we'll see more of Max for a while.

I read an interview with Max Payne's developers around the time they were announcing Alan Wake, I think they said that part 3 was being developed by Rockstar, with their guidance, but not necessarily their active participation.

I read an interview with Max Payne's developers around the time they were announcing Alan Wake, I think they said that part 3 was being developed by Rockstar, with their guidance, but not necessarily their active participation.

Ew.

I don't know how much I trust Rockstar with the Max Payne franchise. I suppose time will tell, but if you ask me, Rockstar is generally in league with Running With Scissors as far as their development section goes. I know Rockstar published Max Payne 2 (and the ports of the original, and what not)...but as far as developing Max Payne 3?

I just don't know...

Them's fighting words!! I won't hear a bad word about Rockstar...

Well, we don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly 'round here.

Anyways, let me specify then. If Rockstar North takes over for Max Payne, all hope is lost for the series and it will become just another GTA-Clone (as that's all their North studio can do anymore, it seems). As for the rest of the company, I admit that they've put out some good stuff.

If Rockstar Toronto takes over, I'll shutup and be happy.

PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE: Yet another game called phantasy star that just made me cry. How I wish they'll make a real phantasy star game again someday.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Now this is how you make games based on comics.

Final Fantasy XII: It's FF "nuff said"

Long time since I added anything:

Gears of War: HOLY SHIT this game looks amazing, not only that but it plays like a dream. This is the killer app for 360 bar none. Lag free online, plus awesome online nad split screen coop makes Bishop a happy man.

FFXII: Pretty cool, great addittion to FF

Marvel UA: Love it to death, though it is suffering through the juggleing of too many good games.

FF XII

I finally beat this game around 2 a.m. and it was worth all 70+ hours worth.

Disgaea 2

I also finally beat this a few hours ago. This game is funny and also worth what free time I have to play this.

Xenosaga 3

Just finished a few minutes ago.

Don't read the spoiler unless you've finished the game.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What I find sad is that we'll never see part IV or VI. :gathering: It's just not fair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive been playing two intensely brilliant games this week

Aliens Versus Predator

all i can say is i'm glad i had some spare underwear for the marines missions

and Max Payne...

that game was just unreal... the bullet time, the comic story line... the same look on his face for the whole game... it was just an unbelievably good game and well ahead of its time if you ask me

still gotta finish max payne one day, funny cause im renting 2 soon and im knee deep in:

B00067AVT2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64699412_.jpg

unsurprisingly similar to max, and im having a blast: shit's right from Ennis' book, with fun twists, and even Thomas Jane hasnt lessened that for me. I shouldntve put this one off so long, its a great comic game, one of the more faithful that ive played.

also, alien vs predator? I loved the arcade version to death (classic 2P co-op konami title, as i recall), plus that one for the uh, atari jaguar was it? but those are the only ones i know of, which one you talkin bout?