Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

Just finished: Bioshock (got the good ending), Beautiful Katamari (kinda short).

Currently Playing: Orange Box.

Portal was like the surprise hit of the year, i think, as far as puzzle games & having a last boss/ending with more personality that ive seen in years.

Half Life 2...looks like DoJ wasnt exxagerating; that was a good game. Im towards the end of Episode 1 (pretty short), we'll see how that and ep 2 tie up, looking forward to that. Team Fortress 2 prolly later, im going live sometime this week.

On Deck:

360 - rented Fight Night 3, borrowed Condemned 2, Gun & Viva Pinata (thanks again Bish). christ knows ive yet to play Gears, Crackdown, Dead Rising etc so there's a lot there, plus i might get Mass Effect soon. Oh, and Rock Band's on its way.

PS3 - Ratchet & Clank, with Los offering Assassin's Creed and possibly Uncharted to borrow in the near future.

Wii - 4 stars into Mario Galaxy, plus the rental of Zack & Wiki makes me wanna buy it later when it's cheaper.

I got games for months, son.

Been downloading lots of DOS games recently and reminiscing...Cosmo's cosmic adventure, Jazz Jackrabbit, Wolfenstein 3D...and some totally random/fairly awful ones too. I recommend getting DOSbox and giving it a go, there's loads of shareware/freeware stuff about if you want to have a go at some oldies. Also good if you're broke. *Shakes fist at people with Orange Box*

Ok, let's see...

Uncharted: Prolly 1/4 of the game done. Damn cool game.

Ratchet And Clank Future: On the second planet. Very funny and entertaining.

Call of Duty 4: Still goin...still levelin'. Still Fun.

Assasinin's Creed: Pfft...you can pick this up Nick. Don't get me wrong, its got great presentation (menu and loading screen w/Altier), awesome engine ( The interaction with people and building parkour), its just sub-par gameplay (everything else).

Folklore: I still cant figure out why I am so attached to this game. I'm like 15 hours into this game and i still got alot to go. On top of that, i still got the other character to play with. Pretty interesting game and the design is badass.

im kinda with los on assassins creed, everything nearly about the game is great, its just the fact that its so repetitive kinda kills it for me....

and kane and lynch is pretty good, the story line is something else, i just found the camera angle a bit difficult at the start, but after that, its been very very good.

Been downloading lots of DOS games recently and reminiscing...Cosmo's cosmic adventure, Jazz Jackrabbit, Wolfenstein 3D...and some totally random/fairly awful ones too. I recommend getting DOSbox and giving it a go, there's loads of shareware/freeware stuff about if you want to have a go at some oldies. Also good if you're broke. *Shakes fist at people with Orange Box*

Also good if you're broke.

While I'm at university my stance on torrents is one of utmost disapproval...this may change once I get away from the port-blocking, download monitoring, rule enforcing bastards. I'm wangling a deal for HL2/HL2ep1 at the moment, though at £10 it's a fair offer either way. ^_^ All that remains now is to find a PC...or push integrated graphics as far as they'll go...

While I'm at university my stance on torrents is one of utmost disapproval...this may change once I get away from the port-blocking, download monitoring, rule enforcing bastards. I'm wangling a deal for HL2/HL2ep1 at the moment, though at £10 it's a fair offer either way. ^_^ All that remains now is to find a PC...or push integrated graphics as far as they'll go...

I deleted Episode 2 off my hard drive when I finished it and didn't make a copy. But I still have Portal and can burn you a copy. Portal by the way, must be played, by everyone.

I deleted Episode 2 off my hard drive when I finished it and didn't make a copy. But I still have Portal and can burn you a copy. Portal by the way, must be played, by everyone.

I'll get you cake in return. I'm going to try the game one way or another, and breaking into people's house to play was never a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, so...we still havnet picked up Uncharted yet, sadly, but soon.

that said, anytime you wanna know what im currently up to, click my XBL tag in the sig, it should tell you. Right now, i'm all over Prey (courtesy of Panch), after beating Gun and Condemned (both good ones, courtesy of Bish) and working on Earth Defense Force 2017, some Crackdown, Dead Rising (shit that one's hard!) and such courtesy of Newt.

I basically spent the first quarter of '07 playing all things Wii, Q 2-3 on PS3, and now Q4 catching up on 360. Panch is right, im currently quite the Achievement whore, at least till i break 10k and threaten Bish/Skeet's scores.

PSP: Disgaea The PS2 ate up alot of my free time but this port is just fun as hell with so many new things to do.

PSP: Final Fantasy tacticsDo I really need to explain why I'm playing this.

PS3: Unreal Tournament 3 Badassery on so many levels. Tho I'm getting my ass handed to me online.

PS3: Uncharted Not only is this the most fun I've had playing a game but is the most beautiful looking game on any console.

Well, my brother and I beat the advanced levels in Portal last night....so unless I want to go for the "fewest portals" ones, there's not much else left to do....besides, I don't know, maybe play through Episode 1 and 2 (I waited so long to play them, and yet, I've only played portal thus far).

Or Rock Band....yesss.

Or Blue Dragon if I can get over that fact that I have to do a stupid, fucking GUARDING MISSION.

Your mother's a guarding mission!Having just knocked off Portal(still have the advance levels to do but I wanna prolong the magic), I started HL2 and am kinda digging it. Still have soooo much to do in Mass Effect for that matter though.

Edited by Skeeter

Rule of Rose

A little creepy. Fun thus far, though.

I got this game a while back on the ps2 (after paying the guts of 70 euro to get it in from france) and while i thought the storyline was top notch, the combat was disgraceful.

[edited because rule of rose was never on the ps3 and i was being silly with my typo]

Edited by the division of joy

• 1 month later...

SO my new Year's resolution to finish all the games I currently own is off to a cracking start, though in all fairness Prey kinda rolled over and let me scratch it's tummy. Next up is Bioshock, and since I got me the crappy ending I'm playing this one on Hard, vitachambers turned off(for brass balls) and saving all little sisters. This is gonna suck. Also getting my mate tom in on the action to finish our co-op Halo campaign, and if I can make leutenant in online rankings, I'll die happy.