Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

gears of war.. the more i play this game the more i fall deeply in love with it... my friend has done nothing but try lampoon it, i took him over to mine sunday and he was blown away by it... i reccomend this... more than highly...

elder scrolls 4, oblivion... well, this is the kind've game i cansee myself spending weeks at... the gameplay is flawless, graphically, superb, story is immense, and the amount of shit to do in it is unbelievable....

• 3 weeks later...

DS plays GBA and all the old shit, right? man that's cool.

Cant wait to get into TP, but Link to the Past coming out on Wii's virtual console last week is tempting too.

..did anyone here know about the Chris Houlihan room? I just learned of it on wiki, easy 225 rupees. That shit's more obscure than Mario's Minus World, i bet.

Well, a lot these last ocuple of weeks.

Gears of War, keep coming back every once in a while, and loving it. Online muliplayer is the shit. Man, it is fast, strategic, and brutal.

Lumines Live: The new skins that were just released rock (Heavenly Star OMG!) and this game is amazing, still pissed that my high score didn't get up on the leaderboards, still hoping there is a Mondo Grosso/Eri Nobuchika pack soon.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All - Great sequel to a great game, lots of fun, great humor, and just as good as the first game. Now I wait with bated breath for part 3, which is supposed to be the best yet.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - got me back into it via some free expansions in the latest Official US Xbox magazine. Finally have otten all of the achievements in the game, all 50 of them. This game still has the ability to suck me in snd not let go. Wow.

• 4 months later...

Crazy games lately.

Last week was all Resistance online (im finally winning games!), some flOw and a lot of mutliplayer with kertins, she's all about Calling All Cars these days, as well as Dreamcast throwbacks like Puzzle Fighter, Rival Schools ( :) ), Guilty Gear and the like. Im realizing DC controllers kinda hurt my hands with fighters.

Next week, ive a few more goals:

1) rent Oblivion.

2) return to Zelda: TP, i gotta get back into that at some point and at least beat it before Chief borrows my Wii eventually.

3) finish up the PS2 games on my gamefly queve, prolly take a month with their current shipping schedule...Metal Slug Anthology, Fatal Frame III, Max Payne 2, Red Star & Deus Ex. They just sent me Rygar, i dont even remember adding that one...anyway, pile them onto the 70+ burned PS2 games to play, uh, one day.

4) Spend more time with Max Payne, Beyond Good & Evil, Shadow of the Collossus, mebbe Okami.

all thsi, plus i just bought back the PS1 classics id lost years ago, so im all over Castlevania: Symphony of the Night right now anyway. My week's pretty open, but im thinking # 1 might own most of that time if i like it.

PS hey you PC kids...

I cant get the SCUMM games working at the moment, ive got newt's copies of Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max, can you install them to the drive or do i need to use alcohol 100% or somehting?

also, anyone with a copy of Grim Fandango, id be greatful.

Man, been so long...Anywho,

GUITAR HERO 1 & 2: Trying to penetrate that Hard Mode. I'm in, but not deep enough. Its a long way to go from where I'm at. I'm finally getting down that fifth fret, but man its a pain for some songs.

GUILTY GEAR XX: ACCENT CORE: Because the new Street Fighter isnt out yet.

• 3 weeks later...

It's like a tradition. Every Sunday afternoon I play a couple a hours to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I bought it like 2 months ago. But since i've been on hollydays and traveling I get to play only those days.

And yes, I found very late all the games of Tom Clancy. This is the first of his kind that I play.