Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

... And I'm STILL all about Ultimate Alliance. About 5 minutes away from finishing it though, so kinda a sad moment for me. Took a break to play Battle for Middle Earth 2, which I just fucking love, and GH2 which annoyed the living fuck outta me & just makes me wanna kick a developer in the balls.

Tomorrow--- Gears of War. This thing's gonna pop my squad-basedd shooter cherry, so let's see shall we?

I'm fucking hopeless with my fingers, anything past medium is simply beyond my capability(hell, medium's a stretch for me), and so I ploughed through easy on Friday night looking ever-hopefully for War Pigs. Met with no love I said fuck Sony completely. They're the boggest bunch've cunts to ever walk the face of the Earth. And that's why I sold my PS2 to buy Gears of War & Viva Pinata. Both're top-notch games.

FHD FDB- Wait and see Grasshopper. GH2 is coming out on 360 around march or so, and the rumblings are that GH1 tracks'll be purchasable on XBL.

Viva Pinata is just so much fucking fun. A game had to come eventually that's get mejulie on this fucking thing & this was it. I never played SimFarm, but feel it draws the best comparison. You get a patch of land to cultivate as you wish, idea being to attract different types of Pinata to it initially as black & white wilds, but if they like what they see they'll become colorful residents. That's about all I initially knew of it, so from here I gotta give props to BishopCruz for pitching it so effectively to me(sorry I'm so unco & boring ealy on a saturday morning). You gotta breed your pinatas to make money(through tedious minigames) but once you hit your stride, get a few different species going & manage to keep your fucking bunnycomb from being eaten by wild hedgehogs, you'll have a lotta fun just upgrading the farm & getting everything juuust right.

Ah the update, got a new notebook, so I can post before I go to sleep again.

Ok, where to start, too many fucking games:

FFXII: Amazing, one of the best FFs I played in a while, I'm about 78 hours in, though technically I beat it with Gunsmith as we were in the same place story wise, and we knew that there were a ton of new games coming. I'll go back to it as there are a huge number of optional bosses I need to gank. This game is HUGE.

Gears of War: Still great, and online is a blast. I'd love to get some of the Hondos crew online for a bunch of curb stompin action, or at least do some coop.

Viva Pinata: After hearing 1up rave about it, I gave it a shot. Glad I did, this game is serious fun, and has a rather disturbing bent to it. Yeah, it's cute and fluffy, but something is wrong about having to feed your lovingly raised Pinatas to other pinatas in order to get them horny. Especially as you have grown attached to your old fellows. Rare is in great form with this game.

Project Gotham Racing 3: Great racing game, not a huge racing fan, but for $20, I couldn't say no. Love the car selection, and the game is gorgeous.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2: Is what it is, fan service and relaxation. Not a whole lot of gameplay, but that's kinda not the point. It's not really a sports game or anything like that. It's more a vacation sim, you can sit back and chill while playing the game, something that doesn't happen very often. I curse Itagaki to hell for getting the song "Sweet Sixteen" by Hilary Duff stuck in my head though.

Phoenix Wright: Still pop it in every once in a while. Part 2 comes out in January.

Tomorrow, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin comes in. I can't friggen WAIT!

In Jumbie's honor...

B000088KH9.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64835334_.jpg

A lot of fun/challenge, and its just building on the older series, which was a great ninja sim. Im enjoying this one, even if it is some newjack Rikimaru.

Im back on Punisher and Shin Megami as well, both likely on hold now that im on my break - finally, i can indulge Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and try out FF XII!

So I finally indulged my inner ghetto & bought the cheap-and-nasty Gun & Tony Hawk AW double-pack. THAW provided no suprises whatsoever- pretty much only good for a nostalgia thing, but Gun... Hoo-boy, Gun. I was pleasantly suprised by this. It's fucking awesome!! I could spend all day killing horses & filthy injuns alike...

THe Suffering - WHile nick was doing something on the comp, I managed to steal the controller and play the first couple of minutes of this game. First I was some dude escaping prison next thing I know I'm some sort of DEMON slashing away with my arms! I think I'll continue to play this.

24 - Probably start to play this one this weekend. Last time I played it I OWNED! Now that I know who the characters are I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot more. I like games with first person shooter elements. This should be good.

Games I probably should finish at some point or another...

Kingdom Hearts II - I think I'm at the Little Mermaid stage which SUCKS!!! Gahhh How gay is that!!! I mean when I was a kid I LOVED AREIL! But crap, that part is so boring! And teh SONG, I CAN"T TAKE IT!!!! Eventually I'll get back into the game, I have to find out what's up with Roxas!

Resident Evil 4 - I should restart this one the RIGHT way. Shuddap Nick. :no:

adding.........

Game I started:

FFXII - So far so goooooooooooood... Just wish I had more time to play... :cheers:

I miss those days when I came home from school and played games all evening... *sigh* Having responsibilities sucks (well..., the ones that demand your entire day and efforts :???:) BUT man, I'm giong to be rolling in dead presidents, that's for sure....

YOu know what game I miss... Brave Fencer Musashi. I played that game until I got aaaaaaaaaaalll the Action figures from the geeky toy store owner (and other villagers of course).

*sigh* -_-

its weird.

i should be all about Ultimate Alliance, and its great, even tho i put in the cheat to unlock the cast since i needed Fury on my team the first go-through, but im tired of yelling at Cap like its Skeet and were online :misty: so that might be why i left off in atlantis and've been all about Shin Megami Tensei since....ill get back to it soon tho.

So I just started Oblivion. Is that entirely online or what's the story there? 'Cause there's a buncha random folks(dunno whether they're AI or folks) beatin' into me and I don't entirely know why. I mean, I could talk to these people, but they seem prejudiced against Dark Elves to begin with & hacking them to pieces seems a much simpler solution.

Oblivion is a single player game, pretty friggen deep. A lot depends on your stats and shit, generally you walk around explore, and do things at your own pace and however you want to do them. Never had too much of a problem figuring out what to do in it. Can you be more specific with your problem Skeet?

Oblivion is a single player game, pretty friggen deep. A lot depends on your stats and shit, generally you walk around explore, and do things at your own pace and however you want to do them. Never had too much of a problem figuring out what to do in it. Can you be more specific with your problem Skeet?

You mean aside from random people coming up & trying to stab me in my head? Are they AI or other people in the game? I wouldn't complain but I guess It just seems a little odd that there's no push on the whole 'people will try & kill you for no apparent reason' thing. Or again, is this simply an issue of being a Dark Elf? Also, where can I find a trading store? I gots shit to pawn damnit!!

Random people in town are trying to kill you? Did you piss off the guards or something?

There are a bunch of shops in the main imperial city one of the districts there is the shopping district basically, and you can pawn most of your shit off there. Unless of course you stole it, then you need to join the theives guild and find a fence.

The game is offline only, so the guys trying to kill you are computer controlled. Still not sure as to why everyone is out to get you though. If its in the wilderness, then bandits do appear on occassion.

Anyhoo, been a pretty crappy week on my end, but I did get some gaming in:

Phantasy Star Universe: SIngle player BLOWS in the first couple of chapters, it picks up pretty well after that though. Or at least it did in Chapter 3, the world seems interesting though, I kinda like the fact that the Human are basically ruled over by the species that they created, it's kinda an interesting twist. The CASTS also intruige me for some reason.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Well, no Castlevania has been as good as Symphony of the Night, but damned if this one (and Dawn of Sorrow as well) aren't close. Sweet boss fights, and the two character system works rather well.

Metal Gear: Portable Ops: Rather sweet as well, God knows I LOVE playing as Naked Snake. The storyline seems like it has a lot of potential, and the comic book style cut-scenes work better than I thought they would. Unlike Metal Gear Acid, this one has voice acting, which is great, per Metal Gear usual.

Shenmue II: Fired this one up again as it just joined the backward compatibility list for the 360. It just amazes me how fucking ahead of its time these games were. True they were expensive as all fuck to make, and came nowhere near making their money back, but they are masterpices. Few games make oyu feel like you are part of the environment like Shenmue games do. That and the graphics are amazing for being like 5 years old.