Hondo's Bar

tv show's you remember, but not really

T Bag, Youtube has it, and some one cares enough about it to make this marvellous website about it.

Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog was the name of the Irish Power Rangers clone. Interesting stuff, ludicrous, but its the until someone makes a Slaine kid's TV show it's one of the better attempts to monetise Irish legends. Watching clips, I wonder how much it cost to make, and how much of that money it made back. Crappy as Power Rangers was, it lifted it's action footage from Japanese kid show Super Sentai. I know this because Wikipedia knows this, like did you know that the Sixth Sense was inspired by an Are You Afraid of the Dark episode directed by Sci Fi veteran, Power Ranger Movie helmer and presumed Wikipedia contributer David Winning.?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now here's one I'm trying to remember. It was a UK quiz show with a medieval theme, where teams of kids would answer questions, and with each wrong answer they would get drawn little by little into torture devices such as iron maidens and giant mangles, after which they are never seen again. No one seems to remember this, I'm starting to believe that it was all a dream. But what a dream it would be, die Englanders, die!

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Knightmare.

No, that's not the one, I'm well versed in Knightmare, king of kid's TV shows. The one I was looking for was called It's Torture!, it was a segment on Motormouth and it was on ITV on Saturdays, but alas, I can find no videos or pictures.

Oh man... I have a vague recollection of this aussie show that dealt on a beach... tornados... or something... and a lighthouse? I think it was one of those mystery shows for kids... kinda like Ghost Writter! or not... :devil:

OMG! Creepy Crawlers!

oooooh and how about MIGHTY MAX! wow... can't believe i remember this one. You konw, the one about the kid who has a chicken as his guide. "fowl actually."

Man, Round the Twist. Based on the writings of Paul Jennings. You know back in the day when a movie'd be made about a Stephen King book and you'd say 'shit, this is gonna be cool'? Imagine that and the subsequent disappointment every fucking sunday morning. It got better toward the end of it's tenure, but still.

Man, Round the Twist. Based on the writings of Paul Jennings. You know back in the day when a movie'd be made about a Stephen King book and you'd say 'shit, this is gonna be cool'? Imagine that and the subsequent disappointment every fucking sunday morning. It got better toward the end of it's tenure, but still.

Oh wait. I didn't say I liked the show... I said I just vaguely remembered it only cuz my younger bro loved it. I remember I would fight him for the remote cuz I wanted to watch something else... probably power rangers. >_

AH! MIghty Morphing Power Rangers! I don't give a shit what you guys think, that show rocked up until you find out who the Green Ranger really was and then after he turned over to the good side, the show went to hell.

Edit:

Nickelodeon was the shiz. I loooooooooved Rocko's modern life (rock-os Modern life, SPUNKY!!!!!)... Doug!.... RUGRATS!... oh man.. childhood memories.

Rocko's Modern Life was awesome. (That was a hoot!)

I've argued with a few people over the existence of that great Disney Afternoon show Gummi Bears. Medieval bears who bounce around after drinking juice seemed too weird to have existed to them, but luckily the dvd release proved me right.

B000HWZ4RK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45175192_SS500_.jpg

For the record, my favorite was Darkwing Duck but that's a show I vividly remember so it doesn't belong in this thread.

Rocko's Modern Life was awesome. (That was a hoot!)

I've argued with a few people over the existence of that great Disney Afternoon show Gummi Bears. Medieval bears who bounce around after drinking juice seemed too weird to have existed to them, but luckily the dvd release proved me right.

Who on earth was arguing the existence of that show?

remember Bonkers?

Gummie Bears! i remember that show! It was the shit!

Ah, the snorks. lol I remember the snorks. that was Saturday Morning cartoon stuff. Just like that Macaulay Culkin cartoon Wish Kid.

large_wish-kid-volume-1.jpg

Mighty Max (which I think someone already mentioned)

cast.jpg

Here's a funny bit if information: Tim Curry was the Skull Master in this show.

then there was my first experience with Liberal Propaganda: Captain Planet

captain_planet.jpg

This one speaks for itself:

200px-JamesBondJr.jpg

ah...my youth

Anyone remember the glut of Sci-Fi cowboy shows. There was BraveStarr and others, I've been trying for years to track down this one where it was a sherriff type character with a big fucking gun and a badass mechanical horse, though at this point I'm thinking this may have been some sort of wierd conglomerate memory of all the shows of my youth.

Oh and Jayce nad the Wheeled Warriors, i remember thinking it was awesome, and that's about it.

Anyone remember the glut of Sci-Fi cowboy shows. There was BraveStarr and others, I've been trying for years to track down this one where it was a sherriff type character with a big fucking gun and a badass mechanical horse, though at this point I'm thinking this may have been some sort of wierd conglomerate memory of all the shows of my youth.

Oh and Jayce nad the Wheeled Warriors, i remember thinking it was awesome, and that's about it.

I vaguely remember that last one, so you're not alone.

though Duck Tales is underrated.

Indeed.

though Duck Tales is underrated.

Underrated? Duck Tales was like the king of cartoon shows for years (deservedly so). It was the only one that got an official movie. Well, technically Goof Troop got a movie too, but people had forgotten about the show by the time the film came out. I actually like Tail Spin, just because Disney got so ballsy with their characters in that one. Shere Khan was a badass! I remember a scene where he held another character out of an airplane by his neck. Good times.

Anyone else remember Bucky O'Hare? I can barely remember it but what I remember seems pretty fucked up.

Archived