Hondo's Bar

Bernie Mac Dies at 50

Well, the article states that he had lung issues already. Though, they seem unrelated, there's the distinct possibility that his lungs weren't in the best of shape. Plus...maybe he was stubborn about going to the doctor. You don't go, you can't be treated.

Yep. I've known people my age with walking pneumonia because they don't take care of themselves.

It's a shame, though. He will definitely be missed.

What person under 70 dies of pneumonia unless their exposed to freezing temperatures for several hours? I mean, if you had told me he died, and gave he one hundred tries to guess what he died of, I never would have guessed pneumonia.

It wasn't the pneumonia that killed him, per se, it was some sort of complication that arose from it. It's not uncommon. When I was in the hospital for my legs I got pneumonia and my lungs filled with fluid. It put me in critical condition for a few days and I nearly didn't pull through it. I was only 20 at the time.

This is really sad though, I was a big fan. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be disrespectful, but did noone wonder when they first saw the thread what the hell relation Bernice Mac was to black comedian Bernie Mac?

PS- It's funny all the lovers come out of the woodwork now, I've spent years defending the man based solely on Charlies Angels 2 and Don't be a Menace to South Central. It's okay Bernie, you can hate all the black pepper you want in the afterlife, and here's to hoping you never encounter the back of Forrest Whitaker's neck.

Not to be disrespectful, but did noone wonder when they first saw the thread what the hell relation Bernice Mac was to black comedian Bernie Mac?

PS- It's funny all the lovers come out of the woodwork now, I've spent years defending the man based solely on Charlies Angels 2 and Don't be a Menace to South Central. It's okay Bernie, you can hate all the black pepper you want in the afterlife, and here's to hoping you never encounter the back of Forrest Whitaker's neck.

Maaan, you're defending his performance in Charlie's Angels 2? I mean he was good but he was also filling the shoes of Bill Murray. If I had known you were defending him I would have stood by you. At least until you started spouting about Halo then I would punch you in the kidneys and steal your wallet to go use your credit cards on booze and DVDs.

I'll even stand up for Mr. 3000 though, it was a pretty good movie, sure it was the poor man's Major League but that movie set the bar for baseball like Caddyshack did for golf, there's just no topping it.

See that just sounds depressing. Like, terribly depressing. If Bernie Mac can make the lighter side of that why do people get all ackward when I make jokes about my dead mother?!

No, we don't get the show(i mean it airs, we just don't understand your negros) so I shall DL it.

See that just sounds depressing. Like, terribly depressing. If Bernie Mac can make the lighter side of that why do people get all ackward when I make jokes about my dead mother?!

No, we don't get the show(i mean it airs, we just don't understand your negros) so I shall DL it.

To be honest it is kind of depressing while being funny at the same time, I both loved and despised the show at the same time just cause I felt bad for the main character. But then again I felt the same about Al Bundy so I guess it's just me.

I don't remember you needing to defend him or I'd have been there with you. I always liked him. That said, he didn't need our defense. I mean, you don't understand...he ain't scared of you motherfuckers.

aw man, i gotta see that one again. you just cited one of my favorite parts.

LL - never saw the show, is it on hulu? im down.

Yeah you should've spoken up. The man was like Steve Harvey, except funny.

man, kings of comedy was solid, and his morning show's still about the only funny thing about being up at that hour sometimes.

Archived