Hondo's Bar

Movie & TV Blargh

Wow...they're ahhhh...they're really gonna do that, huh? Kind've a one trick pony, idn't it? How many episodes before that just becomes exhausting?

I clearly have my pulse pretty far from the pulse of the typical American television viewer though. It reminds me of that show from the early 90's with the down syndrome kid, and every episode I saw was just "HEY, lookit this retard. He's NORMAL, dammit! And we love him!"

Spielberg and Lucas- Super Friends- spout nonsense on the future of movies.

Following that, Lucas explained, "You're going to end up with fewer theaters, bigger theaters with a lot of nice things. Going to the movies will cost 50 bucks or 100 or 150 bucks, like what Broadway costs today, or a football game. It'll be an expensive thing... [The movies] will sit in the theaters for a year, like a Broadway show does. That will be called the 'movie' business."

"The next step is to be able to control your dreams," he said. "You'll just tap into a different part of your brain. You're just going to put a hat on or plug into the computer and create your own world... We'll be able to do the dream thing 10, 15 years from now. It's not some pie-in-the-sky thing."

ur2jz.gif

Joss Whedon's Five Favorite Films

The Matrix - "I wanted to put down my pencil and back away until I learned how to write when I saw this movie."

Once Upon a Time in the West - "It is as ecstatically cinematic as any western ever got."

The Bad and the Beautiful - "It's so true and real and uncompromising and bitter and lovely and beautifully structured, it's just everything. It's even funny."

Magnolia - "The craft and his ability to sustain that much -- any one of these movies could have fallen into a puddle of pretension, but the mastery behind them meant that they never could."

The Court Jester - "I feel that it's a perfect movie and contains some of the best sword fighting ever."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

.i.0.keanu-reeves-bill-and-ted-3.jpg

Keanu Reeves woke up to an unpleasant surprise early Monday morning.

The John Wick actor investigated a sound he heard coming from his library around 5 a.m. and found a woman in her mid-40s sitting in his chair.

According to reports, Reeves calmly approached the woman who said she was there to meet him. Apparently, the 50-year-old actor spoke to her, kept his cool, and then called 911.

Police confirm the Hollywood division responded to the call. Once on the scene, they detained one female and determined she should be placed in a 5150 (involuntary psychiatric) hold. She was taken to a medical facility for further evaluation.

While no property was stolen, a trespass report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.

Keanu is hardly the first celebrity to deal with unwanted visitors. His Speed co-star, Sandra Bullock, recently came face to face with an intruder in her home who made his way to her bedroom door. Coincidentally, it happened the night she received Spike TV's Decade of Hotness Award at the Guys' Choice Awards where Reeves was one of her presenters.

TMZ reports that Keanu's home is "built like a fort," and would be difficult to break into; however, the actor supposedly forgot to set his alarm.

• 4 weeks later...

Scarlett Johansson offered lead role in Ghost in the Shell live action film

​Based on the 1995 film of the same name (as well as the Manga comic), GHOST IN THE SHELL is the latest anime adaptation in the Hollywood pipeline, with SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN's Rupert Sanders directing.

love GITS & Scarjo both but i dunno