Hondo's Bar

Movie & TV Blargh

I was actually kinda hoping they might keep the redesign cause that was the best part of the movie. He still looks cool up there, but very bulky I guess? It really is a shit load of spikes. I'm hoping for a legit version of his atomic breath.

WASHINGTON—The nation's 300 million citizens announced Saturday that they are still walking around in a collective awe-inspired daze from the phenomenal blockbuster movie Mr. Popper's Penguins, which in its 13-month run has grossed $312 billion, made Carla Gugino Hollywood's top-paid actress, spawned a No. 1–rated spin-off series on the CW, and inspired 200 million downloads of the "Where's It Poppin?" smartphone app, which directs users to the closest screening of the movie. "Not a day goes by at work without hearing [Mr.] Popper['s Penguins] quoted at least five times," said self-described "Pop nut" Cassie O'Hara, 32, proudly displaying the tattoo on her hip of the film's affectionate penguin Lovey. "It's such a vital cultural touchstone. Years from now, historians will describe the world as pre-Popper or post-Popper. I've seen it once a week for the past year, and I'm just now finally getting a little bit tired of it." Indeed, concerned that the film's popularity has finally peaked, animal shelters across America are preparing for a sudden influx of penguins bought as pets and now expected to be abandoned on the street.

Link

Damn. Jim Carrey just can't catch a break since Bruce Almighty. I guess Yes Man wasn't a bomb, technically. I suppose he'll just have to console himself with all those millions of dollars and the fact he will always be the man that gave the world the gift of, "Oh reaaaa-heaaaaa-heaaaa-llllllly?!"

He's got one in the pipeline about a Vegas magician that looks promising though. More so than the rumored sequel "Dumb & Dumber To."

• 3 weeks later...

G4 is pretty much dead

According to a report on Variety, G4 - one of the only TV stations in the world with a "geek" mandate - will be "rebranded" early next year, resulting in a change of focus and possibly a change of name as well.

In other words, it'll be an almost entirely new/different channel.

NBCU, the station's owners, are reportedly looking at turning it into a TV version of GQ, ditching the nerd focus in favour of something more "modern male".

It's pretty much become the hipster version of Spike (Spike of course being the douchey version of Spike). I'll miss being able to watch Cops marathons, but that's about it. G4 didn't age well.

^^Was that station ever anything more than Attack of the Show and Comic-Con coverage? What was it called before G4, TechTV? There was a show on there w/ a guy named Leo that I used to watch in college. It was all about PC reviews, specs, and tech support. That was back when I was in to building my own PCs and shiz.

back in like...'05? i was jealous of my mom's cable having that station, id always put it on over there....they'd have some coverage of E3 and the big shows. they only lost me when doing their "top 10 worst games" poll and putting Shenmue in like the top 3, i stopped watching and blame that segment entirely for their downfall.

I got a great idea for restructuring, maybe they can move away from the Spike TV shit and 90% of the video game shows and focus more on just general tech, they could even call it Tech TV. (Just don't cancel X-Play, or maybe just give Adam Sessler another show, that guy deserves it)

Edited by Iambaytor