Hondo's Bar

Red Dead Redemption

The NZA

On the random people part, I know I can't be the only one who accidentally shot someone being chased by cougars right? It was when I had Dead Eye level 2, and yeah, I killed the animals, but also the woman being chased. Sorry lady.

I have killed more people trying to save them from cougars, wolves, whatever, than I have saved.

heh.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, that's 3 of us then. i fair better with kidnappings.

Sen, on the other hand, is a constant victim of "save me!" hustling routines, in which the damsel in distress is soon joined by like 6 dudes pouring out of a stagecoach. i can hear the results from like 2 rooms away.

• 2 weeks later...

The Outlaws To The End Co-op map pack is out. It adds 6 mission for 2-4 players that are much more like the single player missions than anything else in multiplayer. I did all of 'em, they usually take between 7-15 minutes. Lots of "load everyone in the wagon and get to point X, kill everyone at point X" type stuff, good fun.

They give you shit XP, but since the nerf bat update patch pretty much everything seems to give you shit XP.

Oh yeah, and it's free.

Basically last night the MP hideouts all glitched. You walked in, no enemies spawned, so the hideout would register as "complete." You'd get 400XP in two seconds, you pressed left to replay, and you got another 400XP. Repeat repeat repeat, you're level 50 in two hours' time.

Basically last night the MP hideouts all glitched. You walked in, no enemies spawned, so the hideout would register as "complete." You'd get 400XP in two seconds, you pressed left to replay, and you got another 400XP. Repeat repeat repeat, you're level 50 in two hours' time.

HA! That's awesome. I'm at 32 and shit's reeeal fuckin' slow now.

I did notice a much glitchier free roam, lots of horse problems. Haven't really had those kinds of issues since launch week.

They apparently had the hideouts patched at first light, or whatever, but I spent all day trying to get four consecutive gang match wins for my Platinum only to get a bunch of disconnects. Sad day.

Co-op's fun though! Did that with a bunch of guys last night. Normal was easy, hopefully advanced is fun and challenging.

• 2 weeks later...
Today, we are proud to announce plans for an ongoing series of downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption.

Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released for PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE over the next few months, starting with the ‘Legends and Killers’ Pack at the beginning of August and culminating with the Red Dead Redemption ‘Undead Nightmare’ Pack this fall. These packs follow the recent release of the Free ‘Outlaws to The End’ Co-Op Mission Pack, which is available now on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.

The upcoming downloadable content includes:

Legends and Killers Pack (Releasing beginning of August 2010)

New active map locations, characters and more:

* 9 New Multiplayer map locations — more than doubling the amount of territories in the Multiplayer Competitive modes

* 8 New Multiplayer characters— play as characters from Red Dead Revolver

* Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding Challenges for single player and multiplayer

* New Achievements/Trophies

* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)

Liars and Cheats Pack

New Competitive Modes, Multiplayer Mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

* ‘Attack and Defend’ Multiplayer Competitive Mode and Challenges

* New Multiplayer Horse Races complete with mounted combat

* Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters

* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game

* Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated Challenges available in single-player and multiplayer

* New Achievements/Trophies

* Release date TBC

Free Roam Pack

Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new Modes, Challenges and Gang Hideouts to discover:

* Additional Free Roam Challenges

* New action areas and defensive placements

* Posse Scoring / Posse Leaderboards

* New ‘anti-griefing’ measures in Free Roam

* Release date and pricing TBC

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Brand new single player adventure, Challenges and quests

* 8 New Multiplayer Zombie characters

* Additional animals unleashed in the world

* New Dynamic events

* More details to follow...

* Release date TBC

Sweet!!

The multiplayer mode is boring as all hell, so I wouldn't want to spend $30 trying to add more shit to it. Character models, and stuff that should've been in MP to begin with, like poker and blackjack and horse racing? For an additional thirty goddamn dollars? No way.

i echo mal's sentiments here (i had more fun with my limited MP time with fellow hondonians, but some features were indeed gimped), and baytor's not wrong about zombie packs becoming standard too...but ill be damned if that one dosent sound fun here. if it goes half-off on sale, i might bite. $10 DLC is a no-sale for me, though. i mean, fuck, i just bought like 2 full games from steam for that price last week or so.

• 2 months later...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3o1LCKm_6I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3o1LCKm_6I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3o1LCKm_6I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yes.

aw, its an interesting take, but its a selfish, kinda sad one.

i got into John a lot too, but that was his last hurrah...he wanted to ride off in the sunset and live off the farm, and he got his wish. his wife even grew on me a bit, moreso with the talk of both of them reforming. how can you not feel anything when John peeks out the barn, and sighs like he knows this is it?!

i spent a while playing as Reznor Jack afterwards, but i only felt gypped that he got credit for his pa's work - yeah, it was nice being able to tie up the sidequests here & there, but Jack had a lot to prove, by me.

i still wanna go back and do more, but its harder without John there. might jump on this DLC.

• 1 year later...