Hondo's Bar

HondoShare in trouble!

Stilly

Alright, this one is real, and actually came to my attention about 10 minutes ago. I was going over my finances to make sure I'll be able to cover my deductible for the accident, and I got an email from my hosting company.

Apparently, the yearly hosting bill is due next Saturday. dasfiohasdf@#$%$@#GGSGBf

I'm going to be lucky if I can pay my deductible, let alone that.

What this means is, unless I can come up with $119.40 by April 11, Hondoshare (along with any files, pictures, and what have you) will be gone...possibly for good.

I hate to do this, but is there any way any of you guys can help chip in a bit? I'll draw something for you (it won't be good), do a digital piece of work for you (might be better), provide sexual favors, etc. Everyone will be paid back, it just might be a bit.

Again, I really really hate to have to ask you guys, but it may go by the wayside otherwise.

Thanks guys.

shit...$120, eh? ii can handle about $30 this weekend or so. pretty sure we can raise funds for the rest of it, man.

i only ask for a small laundry list of fixes (mostly forum logos that dont fit the page), and uh, help with non-logos like the gathering etc whenever you get a chance.

sexual favors hinging on your hondos-con attendance.

If everything goes right with paypal and a certain someone, I believe it's taken care of (I'm waiting on word back right now).

Arch, I can appreciate the irony in this. I feel bad and I want to show you guys the email I got from Dreamhost to prove it all, but I kinda have a reputation for faking emails now :sad:

Money has been transferred and the bill has been paid...just waiting on it to clear through paypal! Thanks!

• 6 months later...
i despise this ego-shit, fuck this guy and kesh.

anyone let Alan know? i hate that this guy's tag is sitting up there.

He knows. It's not the only page jacked with, either. But they missed hondos share, and everything else is intact, just the front pages of various subdomains jacked up. He can fix it, he just hasn't had the time to.

It's been jacked for like a month and a half or something.

JZA - i can tell you hondo's got done in by having a few members with (i guess) easy password access to our FTP, meaning they're looking at the site like it would be on a hard drive: just files of pages, images, etc. once you crack that, all you gotta do is replace whats there with what you want, keep the same filename so the internets look at the same place...if you can get in, its easy past that.

there's all kinds of ways in, too. for instance, my allowing HTML to be used here (for posting videos and such) allows for possible code exploits. i can explain the intricacies of how this works for you about as competently as i can explain thermodynamics.

Archived