Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

:2T::huh:

California Stripper stabs customer over Lap Dance

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3397908a4560,00.html

LOS ANGELES: An angry San Diego topless dancer pulled out a knife and stabbed a customer after he refused a lap-dance, San Diego police say.

Lawanda Dixon, 24, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon shortly after the altercation with 33-year-old Melik Jordan at the Dream Girls Cabaret mid-week, San Diego police detective Gary Hassen said.

"He was in the club with some friends watching the shows when she came up and asked if he wanted a lap dance," Hassen said. "He said no, she got upset about it, they argued back and forth. She pulled a knife out of her bag and stabbed him."

Dixon was taken into custody and police found methamphetamine in a small metal container in Dixon's bag, Hassen said, adding that she may face drug charges. Officers also confiscated a small folding knife.

Jordan was treated for his injuries and released by a local hospital.

Fuckin' Wack-Job...

:):crazy:

Edited by MusicManiac

Absente. Refined Absinthe.

This is going to be the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.

I know Im breaking a rule and Im sorry, Rachael where'd you get that, Deidre was going to ask you tomorrow but I couldnt wait. You should totally tell me so I can haul my ass to Texas to buy some, woo hoo.

For the past two days all I've been watching are decorating shows on TLC and sex shows on HBO. Im completely addicted and.......I need help.

That's not real Absinthe, which outlawed in most western countries. So if you did see real Absinthe on the streets it would certainly not come in a nice commercial bottle like that. You can buy absinthe illegally, which I know of friends that have. Besides being a very high proof alcohol typically, real Asinthe contains wormwood, which gives it it's hallucinangenic properties.

I myself have never touched the stuff. Not my kind of drug.

Absinthe was the trademark drink during the heady days of 19th century Paris. Famous artists, writers and poets like Picasso, Baudelaire, Hemingway, Degas, Manet, Toulouse-Lautrec and Oscar Wilde all heavily indulged in it. Maybe it was the mystical allure of "The Green Fairy," or maybe it helped inspire their creativity.

Whatever the reason, experience Absente, Absinthe Refined, and recall the glamour of nineteenth century Paris.

We know what you're thinking. Absinthe has been banned in the United States since 1915 because people were hallucinating and having way too much fun, how did you bring Absinthe back?

Absente, Absinthe Refined, is a modern version of the original Absinthe recipe. It's still the same aromatic, dazzling emerald green liqueur made from a combination of exotic botanicals.

The only difference is we replaced Wormwood, the botanical that caused the initial ban, with a less bitter cousin called Southern-Wormwood, also known as "Petite Absinthe," which allows us to offer Absente in the United States.

Absente, Absinthe Refined, is best defined as a modern Absinthe.

Absente can be enjoyed in many ways: mixed with water, or the classic mixture of sugar and water using a slotted spoon.

We have some other great recipes for Absente, Absinthe Refined, so you can recreate the widespread 19th century custom called l'heure verte (the green hour).

In the tradition of Absinthe, Absente recalls the international intrigue of café society during the nineteenth century. See what the famous artists, writers and poets were quoted saying after experiencing Absinthe.

Absente derives its unique color and flavor from botanicals. Absente is the result of the maceration and distillation of botanicals including Southern- Wormwood.

HOOOOLY shit. Someone is gonna pitch a fit, but let's revolt! Down with not replying! haha

I'm only going on what Cj has mentioned so I'm in no way advocating that it's correct or incorrect or what have you.

He said he thinks the ingrediant that makes absinthe illegal is the Wormwood, and Absente uses a cousin of that (as Christy had posted). I most certainly did no hallucinate or do any of the crazy things I've heard it makes you see/do, but I did get a bit tipsy off of six ounces.

As a pussy when it comes to alcohol or liqour of any kind, I held my nose shut and DOWNED that shit haha. But it didn't taste too bad.

Cj once had a friend that made (or at least attempted to make) Absinthe. She was a little weird (she threatened to hurt him for using toilet paper to blow his nose? heh) and such. He never tried it because.. well she was crazy and it was home made heh.

Sorry for making a post that pissed anyone off or broke the rules. I was just excited.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Random Threadness.