Hondo's Bar

Member Titles

The NZA

Member titles - we should earn them!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2zpo4tx.gif

Hello there, Hondo's. how are things.

I thought what i'd do is, i'd pretend i was one of those deaf-mutes i'd fix a few issues around here in one fell swoop - that is, too many of you say "boy, i wish hondo's was more sarcastic in its dealings with me" or "i wish we were more insular, somehow!". well, this is what i came up with totally bit off another community this is what's going down.

we're gonna try this out for the new year: Member Titles (for those of you who've posted past 500 times, anyway - we love you!) are now locked down. that's right, no more custom member titles for the time being...you've got your avatars, signatures, posts etc, i'm hoping that'll do.

From now on, I - or your fine Drunken Deputies - will be in charge of issuing custom titles, based on our various moods (fuck ive got to stop striking things out like this any number of things, such as:

1) incredibly stupid things you've said - used with or without quote marks, as most people've likely seen it already (dont get too sensitive here, think of it as the light, public hazing of a loving sibling that, years after therapy, you just laugh and laugh about together)

2) on the upside, a fantastic quote/sentiment you've expressed, preferably on the boards for evidence but cant also be said in the presence of 2 or more honodnians local to you, if they fully back it and submit a notarized form no later than 30 days from said occurrence, unless its a leap year. look, you've got wiggle room here.

3) something in this vein, but also awesome.

that's pretty much it. we're gonna be changing them over time, so get ready, and remember: even if they're smarmy and dont fit well for a time, its better than just the generic "Hondonian" ive now put for anyone past 500 posts but not interesting enough to (yet!) have their own custom tag.

also: yes, we're totally taking suggestions here, i should prolly make a thread in town square or abouts for nominations from your fellow hondonians. and yeah, try not to make tag fishing too obvious.

i think ill start with jax.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From now on, I - or your fine Drunken Deputies - will be in charge of issuing custom titles, based on our various moods (fuck ive got to stop striking things out like this any number of things, such as:

1) incredibly stupid things you've said - used with or without quote marks, as most people've likely seen it already (dont get too sensitive here, think of it as the light, public hazing of a loving sibling that, years after therapy, you just laugh and laugh about together)

A. I see Jax dicking with Joel Member Titles very often.

B. I see you Changing Member Titles a few time every few hours. (I see this happening with JZA more so then with the others)

i loves me some microsoft. LOVES THEM. :D

mwahaha, this is going swimmingly so far.

now accepting suggestions, people. just bear in mind the character limit.

You are enjoying this waaaay too much, Nikoli.

Here's a suggestion for Joel, and this is in the spirit of ballbustin' in which NZA started this nonsense:

"Loki+Poor Judgment=Obamass"

And for any number of people this gem from the mouth of Mr. Custer himself:

"Come to Hondo's Con. Ruin Your Life!"

One for JZA:

"Mister Mangina: Founder of Balls Night Out '09"

Obviously, Nick is trying to alter my strategy of mocking stupidity via reductio ad absurdum. How can I take a poor argument to its absurd and logical conclusion without saying something that makes me look stupid when quotemined out of context.

Yes, saying they can't make a Spider-Man film until the book is finish is stupid. I was said to make a point that it's stupid to say OTHER comic books can't be adapted to film until they're finished. It's throwing one's own stupid proposition back in their stupid face.

Anyway, doj, I'll explain your member title to you, but it would only force you into an even deeper state of denial.

Jax - you were on about a mini-series that's taken almost 2 years to finish. think on that a bit...6 issues or so in 2 years. if its unreasonable to say "hey man, finish up the comic so i can read your ending before the studio changes it", i think i need a new hobby.

aarty - i think i just figured out yours, heh.

axel - the minute that image leaves your sig, its becoming your title. i love it so.

oh good, people are still favoring my idea so far. excellent.

Archived