Hondo's Bar

Green Lantern Movie

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUUcOmgYEhY?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUUcOmgYEhY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUUcOmgYEhY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Ouch...

<br" rel="external nofollow">http://www.theonion.com/video_embed/?id=20741"><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/video/green-lantern-to-fulfill-americas-wish-to-see-lant, 20741/" target="_blank" title="'Green Lantern' To Fulfill America's Wish To See Lantern-Based Characters On Big Screen">'Green Lantern' To Fulfill America's Wish To See Lantern-Based Characters On Big Screen</a>

Saw it!

And... I liked it. Definitely NOT the 20% bullshit they're giving on Rotten Tomatoes. Basically, it was a more flawed Thor. Yes, it does have its problems. Mainly, CG. God, I've seen video game cutscenes that blow this away. Looks like the CG budget went to Real Steel. Still, it gave me everything I wanted from Green Lantern. Saw Joel at the theater, but he was with some chick (I was with Spacecowboy). I looked around for him after the flick to talk about it, but he probably didn't want to scare the chick away talking to his nerd friends. Fucker was wearing his Hondos shirt! Doesn't that SCREAM nerd? Joel, you son-of-a-bitch, why did you leave without saying goodbye?! You ass! Haha! While we were waiting for the movie to start, I saw him walk in. As he passed, I yelled 'HONDOS SUCKS'!! Dude, was lookin' around like he wanted to fight somebody. Haha! In his dreams.

The logo doesn't bother me, and anything short of "fuck" or "cunt" on a shirt doesn't bother me profanity-wise, but well whore's one of those words that has multiple meanings and I kinda worry that a shirt bearing the word "WHORES" in big white letters just might as well say "HELLO: I AM A MISOGYNIST" The womenfolk can get away with it because of irony or black magic or something, but for large broad shouldered white gentlemen like myself that bear a resemblance to decades worth of serial killers, white supremacists, and rapists it just sends the wrong message.

I'll say this... I love my Hondos shirt. I like to only wear it for special occasions (gatherings of 5 or more Hondonians). On more than one instance I've even made nude girls in my bed wear it to sleep. 'Are you saying I'm a whore' is usually what I get when I give it to them and my response is ALWAYS: 'no... of course not'. *wink*

I know what Joel's thought process was last night... but first let me say this... tons of Fanboys were wearing GL shirts. I was one of them. I had my Zombie Batman/Blackest Night shirt on. When Joel was getting dressed, he was looking for the garment that would best show his Fanboy-ism. BAM! Hondos shirt! Dude HIMSELF was saying that Hondos is for nerds. And he was wearing it on a date? Whatever. Props to the guy for being hardcore Hondonian. Represent, brother. Heh, I wouldn't even have noticed him if it wasn't for the Harley logo with 'whores' in there.

Wow...it has never occurred to me to be ashamed of the Hondos shirt. It seems that everyday I learn some new reason that my brain is fuckin' weird. I wear mine like once a week and just feel all cool because it has my Gamertag on the back. I guess I'm just so used to getting odd looks that I barely even notice anymore.

I'm not sure why exactly I attract attention, probably a combination of many things. I'm eleven feet tall and I probably look like I'm about to commit a sexual assault. I kind of understood it when I had big gauge earrings in or a massive mane of unkempt Jesus hair, but I still get strange looks even now that I've "normalized".

When I was a kid I had a Nirvana shirt that said "Flower-sniffin' Kitty-pettin' Baby-kissin Corporate Rock Whores" on the back that I wore to high school for years, in heavy rotation, before anyone said anything. I traded a kid some shit for a shirt with a big red anarchy symbol on the front, and it said "Punk's not dead" on the back, I scrawled "it just sucks now" underneath it, and I got in trouble for the word "sucks" before I got in trouble for "whores". That always made me scratch my noggin'.

I've got a NIN shirt that has a picture of a star and says "fucker", but I usually only wear that one to parties and concerts and shit. It's pretty abrasive...I'm not going to go into Chuck E. Cheese with it or anything.

One year for Christmas, Lindsay bought me this shirt:

5890-43688-zombielastjpg-550x.jpg

I used to wear the living crap outta that thing and people (all the Cuban Catholics in miami) looked at me as if I was the anti-Christ. My grandmother used to weep. Seriously, she used to cry when I had it on. One day she did my laundry and I never saw it again. The point to all this is I've wore that shirt WAY MORE than my Hondos shirt. Weird.

Saw it!

And... I liked it. Definitely NOT the 20% bullshit they're giving on Rotten Tomatoes. Basically, it was a more flawed Thor. Yes, it does have its problems. Mainly, CG. God, I've seen video game cutscenes that blow this away. Looks like the CG budget went to Real Steel. Still, it gave me everything I wanted from Green Lantern. Saw Joel at the theater, but he was with some chick (I was with Spacecowboy). I looked around for him after the flick to talk about it, but he probably didn't want to scare the chick away talking to his nerd friends. Fucker was wearing his Hondos shirt! Doesn't that SCREAM nerd? Joel, you son-of-a-bitch, why did you leave without saying goodbye?! You ass! Haha! While we were waiting for the movie to start, I saw him walk in. As he passed, I yelled 'HONDOS SUCKS'!! Dude, was lookin' around like he wanted to fight somebody. Haha! In his dreams.

if it's the same chick, she went to my house a couple of times during the playoffs so trust me she's seen the scary side.

I'll say this... I love my Hondos shirt. I like to only wear it for special occasions (gatherings of 5 or more Hondonians). On more than one instance I've even made nude girls in my bed wear it to sleep. 'Are you saying I'm a whore' is usually what I get when I give it to them and my response is ALWAYS: 'no... of course not'. *wink*

I know what Joel's thought process was last night... but first let me say this... tons of Fanboys were wearing GL shirts. I was one of them. I had my Zombie Batman/Blackest Night shirt on. When Joel was getting dressed, he was looking for the garment that would best show his Fanboy-ism. BAM! Hondos shirt! Dude HIMSELF was saying that Hondos is for nerds. And he was wearing it on a date? Whatever. Props to the guy for being hardcore Hondonian. Represent, brother. Heh, I wouldn't even have noticed him if it wasn't for the Harley logo with 'whores' in there.

Joel doesn't DATE women. They probably watch Glee together and swap clothes.

...When I was a kid I had a Nirvana shirt that said "Flower-sniffin' Kitty-pettin' Baby-kissin Corporate Rock Whores" on the back that I wore to high school for years, in heavy rotation, before anyone said anything. I traded a kid some shit for a shirt with a big red anarchy symbol on the front, and it said "Punk's not dead" on the back, I scrawled "it just sucks now" underneath it, and I got in trouble for the word "sucks" before I got in trouble for "whores". That always made me scratch my noggin'...

That is hilarious, but kind of understandable in a weird and ironic way. I mean, wasn't Nirvana technically considered punk? Why would you support Nirvana then disparage their genre? I think it was this logical fallacy that likely got you in trouble and not the word itself.

I know anything that's not Gaga sounds the same to you, but Grunge/Seattle grunge is a completely different sound and a somewhat different mentality too. I bet you think PJ & Soundgarden are punk too, you adorable little pisher.

nirvana's punk now? haha, first for everything. +1 to jay.

damn panch, so fanboy love = for nerds, yeah? that's some high school stuff right there. still, taking these things into consideration for the next t-shirt design. i want something people don't shy away from.

Archived