Hondo's Bar

Green Lantern Movie

How long does someone get for raping a donkey anyway, Logan? My. um, friend wants to know. :shady:

I knew someone would ask about the Sarah Jessica Parker case at some point. I was sentenced to 5-10, it was a first offense and it was non-violent. The parole board seemed to understand that I didn't do it because I wanted to fuck her, she just needed to be hurt and I happened to have a cough syrup bottle full of GHB. I was out in 15 months.

No too shabby. I met a lot of really nice people with similar interests, I got a free tattoo, I didn't have to work and never worried about what I was going to wear.

10/10 Would serve again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know a Green Lantern from a Pink Genital Wart? Here ya go...

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf"></param><param'>http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=25296568&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=25296568&"></embed></object></div>

Better trailer, but the CG just looks worse and worse the more I see of it.

And yes, Haku, I just posted that picture to talk shit about the Green Lantern movie.

• 4 weeks later...

GL is sitting at a current Rotten Tomatoes score of 20%, which is pretty abysmal, based on 30 reviews in so far. Looks like appearances can be deceptive, but in this case, they were not. The movie seems to be as awful as the trailers made the most cynical and pessimistic parts of our brain think it would be.

Well, I'll let Baytor come in here and tell you what weight those RT scores carry. At least w/ him. But I think I've sufficiently lowered my expectations for this film. At this point I'm going into this film for some cool 3D CGI and, hopefully, to see a decent GL story. I'll be satisfied as long as it's not another Last Airbender. :pinch:

Yeah, Rotten Tomatoes has lost my trust in the last year or so as they've just been flat out wrong about a lot of stuff. That said, I don't see this being very good. I have hopes, but this looks like a spectacular mess and I don't think we'll see a part 2.

Please please please Deadpool.

Fine, he's a whiny piece of shit, his mask looks stupid, and he's a poor man's Spider-Man with a Green Lantern ring. Also he's a huge pussy.

Well opinions are just that, but I only got into GL in the last 3 months which means YEARS of catching up to do. For now I enjoy Kyle and look forward to learning more about other lanterns.

Don't mistake that I think the books were all that bad, he was a nice place-holder in the Justice League and his book wasn't terrible, he's just a horrible character. Everyone he cares about (mostly women) end up dying horribly and all he does is bitch about how bad his life is, even when shit's on the up with him like it was a couple of years ago when he had the Ion power or more recently when he's with that one woman from Sinestro's planet. He's like Peter Parker without all the redeeming character traits. Maybe The New Guardians will change my mind about him, but I find Guy Gardner's frat boy personality and even John Stewarts "showing up every once in a while to represent the African American demographic even though I never get anything interesting to do" (he's just like Ice-T in Law and Order: SVU) preferable to listening to the constant stream of complaints roll out of his stupid mouth.

There, yes. Which I got from everyone saying they're going to see it this weekend. Here in Pandora though, the film cannister has to get past the Kraken, then across the desert which accounts for most delays and it won't see release here until August 4.

Archived