Hondo's Bar

Comic book BLARGH

Thelogan

It's been gadgets-gadgets-gadgets lately. I'm not all pissed or anything, I appreciate that it's being acknowledged that he's a science nerd under that costume, but I do think it's getting a little absurd.

And that's not really new. The dude had a flashlight on his belt for years, to frighten criminals by shining his face on them or something. So stupid and silly isn't fresh ground. But he never really needed them before, web shooters and Vulture discombobulators and Symbiote sonic blasters and tracers aside.

What you're looking at up there is a suit specifically designed to combat the Sinister Six.

tAmdV.jpg

Don't let it upset you, with the rate he uses costumes lately you'll probably never see it again in a month or two.

vqIKs.jpg

That's a stealth suit. It let him become invisible because he was totally jelly of Miles Morales. It's gone now.

fLN2B.jpg

That's a bullet proof suit he needed 6 issues later. I don't know what happened to that, but it's gone too. These revolved around not having a spidey sense, so it's not like they were totally pointless.

He's also sharing the Batman/Wolverine sleep cure/time extender, because he's on two teams, dealing with his own shit, working full time and developing and manufacturing fantastic devices. I assume by embezzling funds and company property. They throw in that they all find practical uses, but still.

Just for shiggles, here he is doing his best Goblin impression.

M2kwB.jpg

Glider. Spider Bombs. Satchel (lets be honest, that's a purse). Interesting.

All this inventing is a great lesson in how much married life was holding him back. He didn't make shit when he was fretting over that ginger cunt all those years, now he's coming up with more efficient ways of saving lives left and right.

All in all I can't really bitch too much, because I like them accenting his intelligence and scientific prowess, but constantly engineering Iron Man shit seems like a clumsy way of going about it.

I actually thought that Spider-Goblin bit was kinda cool... :/

Here, you forgot this one, that actually looks badass here... but I HATE.

1672412-amazingspiderman_658_cover_super.jpeg

I actually prefer this one.

amazing-spider-man-658-ff-costume.jpg

But.

TASM+658010.jpg

I hear ya on the costumes, man. It's just a ploy to have tons of more options once the next Spidey/Marvel game comes out. DLC and all that.

As far as the gadgets are concerned, I agree. It's cool that they're finally tapping into Peter's intellectual/tinkering side, but they are jamming it down our throats at a clip that its just become annoying. Having a Batman-esk contingency for all your villains is awesome, but to have built a suit to battle a villain team that hasn't been around in while right before they attack is just dumb.

The Sinister Six suit is also dumb because the team has a rotating roster. The tinkering IS in the spirit of the earlier stuff (Pete built a lot of shit in his early years like his fancy device for de-magnetizing Vulture's wings and his spider tracer. That was back when he did cool shit like make bicycles and fake bats out of webbing. The spider signal actually popped up in the first or second issue, I always figured it was a 90s addition.) so I'll allow it.

The white and black FF costume has to be my favorite Spidey costume since the black and white symbiote suit from the 80s.

I'm with Haku on this one. I think it looks pretty slick.

The tinkering IS in the spirit of the earlier stuff (Pete built a lot of shit in his early years like his fancy device for de-magnetizing Vulture's wings and his spider tracer. That was back when he did cool shit like make bicycles and fake bats out of webbing. The spider signal actually popped up in the first or second issue, I always figured it was a 90s addition.) so I'll allow it.

I was trying to allude to this, I figured if anyone would appreciate his gadgety roots Ryan "Carrot" 'Baytor, with his unholy crusade of chronological reading, would.