Hondo's Bar

The Dark Knight Rises

Keth

Grown men playing dress up and pretending to fight. Only click if you wish to have a little bit of your soul destroyed.

And Anne Hathaway thinks you'll still get a boner rise from her Catwoman costume...

blog_catwoman310a.jpg

"I was not going to admit it," the 28-year-old actress told MTV in a sit-down interview. "I asked someone to send me a few reactions [to the photo], and I happen to know that MTV's reaction was 'meh.' "

Hathaway's response? "If you didn't like the photo, you only see about a tenth of what the suit can do," she teased. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

cough, cough

Just a few more movie details

Christopher Nolan just let loose a ton of new Dark Knight Rises updates that reveal when this movie is taking place, and how it's fitting into the already established world of Gotham. In other words, what old faces are coming back?

Spoilers ahead...

Empire Magazine has a big spread on Dark Knight Rises with lots of quotes from the movie's director. So where and when do we find Bruce Wayne? According to Nolan:

"It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after
The Dark Knight
. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state."

But what about the prologue that audiences are going to get a tease of at the Mission Impossible premiere? Apparently it's still the first 6 minutes of the film, it's an introduction to Bane.

Also in the magazine this totally amazing image of Bane holding up a picture of Harvey Dent. So what about Bane, who is this new villain? Nolan explains:

"He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.... He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and he needs gas to survive. He cannot survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jaw line and feed into the thing at the back where there are two canisters of what ever it is…the anesthetic."

1b70001d73ab91b743f70ab.jpg

f25d9fee4754e86f72a5f7c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

<object id="sbPlayer" width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://comingsoon.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/483163/"></param><param'>http://comingsoon.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/483163/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://comingsoon.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/483163/" width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

I actually hope that happens. It makes the most sense at this point and it's cool to see these movies come into their own without being weighed down by the source material so much. I doubt Wayne will die, that seems like a bit much for Hollywood, but I can see him not being Batman anymore.

My only complaint is that with the title of this and th4e last movie, they seem to be setting the stage for an eventual Dark Knight Returns movie. At least that's what I pray for 3-5 times a week.

And DKR requires Wayne. Maybe he'll just retire in this one? Or suffer some debilitating injury. Then it could still fit in the same universe. If he dies though, all bets are off. My only hope would be yet another reboot.

• 3 weeks later...