Hondo's Bar

The Dark Knight Rises

Keth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to get more hyped up for this. This helps:

The British Board of Film Classification has posted an update to "The Dark Knight Rises" running time -- it's 164 minutes, 27 seconds, or approximately 2 hours, 45 minutes. So be sure to get really comfortable when you go see Christopher Nolan's final Batman installment.

It's gonna be long so it must be good.

First reactions are overwhelmingly positive.

"The Dark Knight Rises has just finished screening for the press and critics, receiving a STANDING OVATION!!!"
6 Jul 12

images_normal.jpg

TomMcAuliffe

"Just finished the screening of Dark Knight Rises...so much awesome...can't wait to see it again. And again."

Tom McAuliffe - "9 out of 10 for me. I'd put Amazing Spider-Man at a 7.5 and Avengers at an 8.5"

Ko102.png

"As far as audience reaction, there were only 40-50 ppl in attendance (mostly critics), but there was applause and I leaned over and shook Michael Uslan's hand and congratulated him when his name appeared in the credits. I, myself, cried twice...once out of sadness and once out of pure geeky uncontrollable happiness." - DKRSHH

tumblr_m30mp5D9P51qert37.gif

Edited by alive she cried

I see bane cgi'ing into the hulk in the final battle. I'm prepared for major disappointment since nothing can top the joker at this pt.

And catwoman so far from the trailers looks so un-epic.. I hope she fights better than Halle Berry's camera cuts.

Rush Limbaugh and the Bane "Conspiracy"

Limbaugh-

Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?

[...] And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's gonna have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain [...]

At the polls, will the brain-dead people show up at the polls? I don't know. See, I think you have to assume they will. I think you have to plan on the fact that they will show up and vote. No, just from the standpoint of you've gotta get your own turnout. You can't go into an election thinking, "Well, that group's not gonna show up. The young, yeah, they got disappointed. Obama's not who they thought he was. Ah, college students, they're not gonna show." You can't think that way. You have to think they're gonna show up. You have to count on it. You have to plan for it and come up with a way of neutralizing it.

Sweet tweet

czipf.jpg

This reminds of a time at Blockbuster, it was like the first week that The Dark Knight came out on video. This couple comes up to the counter and was like "Do y'all have The Black Knight?"

I'm like... "um you mean The DARK Knight" and they were all yeah whatever and we didn't have any cause it was the first week so I told em to fuck off. (ok I just said we were out of them). I was workin with Logan and he was like "Dude you should've walked them over to the movie Black Knight". Wasted ass opportunities people.

you had to be there