Hondo's Bar

Prometheus

• 2 months later...

I did the apologist thing for Prometheus for many months but I've finally come to terms with what a disappointment it actually was. The fanboy center of my brain just wouldn't budge on the issue. That said, those horrible cunts have turned catastrophe into opportunity in marvelously sneaky fashion by dangling the tasty morsel that is the "Not As Shit Version" before us and softly whispering "You know you want it, you little whore."

I will be buying it on blu-ray with some amount of self-loathing.

Eh, crim. I'm not w/ you on that...yet. Personally, I'll save the self-loathing fanboy flagellation until after I've viewed it a second time, which will be on bluray as well. It was beautifully shot, entertained me, and generated a lot of good discussion afterwards. You can't ask much more from a sci-fi flick.*

*except for a more concrete ending of course.

im kinda coming around to shane's camp, though...me and jax were kinda defending this one after LL/sen didn't dig it, looking back i was mostly on my alien love in general, there's holes and yeah, seeing "BUY THIS TO FILL SOME IN?" feels cheap.

ill wait till you guys post impressions, then download. don't get me wrong, ill still prolly get hyped if and when another gets done.

I suppose if they'd said definitively beforehand whether or not it was a bona fide Alien prequel we wouldn't have gone in with certain expectations. I was looking for direct references, concrete origins and such but apart from the obvious in-universe namedropping and the ropey looking "proto-xenomorph" all we got was wishy washy theosophy from that stupid hack fuck Damien Lindelof.

Watched it again(theatrical cut) and still fucking loved it. I'm saying: if having the creators step-by-step fill the fucking blanks for you is enticing and you're still rubbishing the theatrical cut- go watch Paul Blart you lazy fat, stupid fucks.

If a tenth of cinema releases were this good, the collective conscience might come up just enough to edge out Honey Boo Boo as being a thing that anyone discusses.

Seriously, as a standalone movie and as a prequel to an overrated sci-fi franchise this movie excelled with giant green ticks. Pardon if I'm excessively surly about this but this kind of mentality is how 28 days later was followed by 28 weeks later. Also, it's 5am so my socially consciencous face is in the wash, and you just get socially-inept but angry and stupid people lad.

**I acknowledge that movie taste is subjective and you people generally DO choose to be stupid for any number of reasons, but this is just pearls before swine, man. Tragic.

Edited by The JZA

I've FINALLY come to a TRUE conclusion on this and I'm with Jay and Haku. I liked it. It was pretty, entertaining and it answered all my questions about the Aliens trilogy. Granted, it asks all new questions, but my Aliens experience is richer because of this movie.

• Upvote 1

I've FINALLY come to a TRUE conclusion on this and I'm with Jay and Haku. I liked it. It was pretty, entertaining and it answered all my questions about the Aliens trilogy. Granted, it asks all new questions, but my Aliens experience is richer because of this movie.

Thank fucking Christ! I was dying over here waiting for you to come to that conclusion. I'm not sure what that means that you and Jay are on my side though, but I'll take it.

i don't mean to really take a side; i dont think i loved or hated the film. it's got good bits & has promise, i just didn't like the

grrr angry race of albino giants smash

shit built in at the end i guess, and the lack of answers lost guy seems to dig. that's it.

i'm only distancing myself from jza's "team" based on his overrated comment. first 2 are classics, fuck his life*.

*gently

Alright alright alright I'll recant/refine: Alien+s are great for their own reasons that don't need to be discussed here. But you don't get to retcon 3/Resurrection out of the mix just because they don't fit your mould for a great franchise, which you'll recall is what I attacked.

The movie gives you like 95% of the info you need(95% is what I spotted, the other 5% is probably there) to draw an accurate conclusion on what has unfolded. The idea that people are rubbishing this film and clamouring for the cheat sheet is just frustrating and defeats the purpose of the exercise. See also strat guides and video games.

I did the apologist thing for Prometheus for many months but I've finally come to terms with what a disappointment it actually was. The fanboy center of my brain just wouldn't budge on the issue. That said, those horrible cunts have turned catastrophe into opportunity in marvelously sneaky fashion by dangling the tasty morsel that is the "Not As Shit Version" before us and softly whispering "You know you want it, you little whore."

I will be buying it on blu-ray with some amount of self-loathing.

Dont do it Crim! The fact that they are marketing it as "answering all the questions" just reafirms that that film was a steaming turd. They just want to cheat you out of a few more bucks!

I did the apologist thing for Prometheus for many months but I've finally come to terms with what a disappointment it actually was. The fanboy center of my brain just wouldn't budge on the issue.

I can't wait until you all realize that this same quote applies to DKR as well...

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY