Hondo's Bar

Ask Crimsonfire Things About Ireland

crimsonfire

What is with the whole Irish language? I mean everyone makes fun of Wales for their fucked-up language, but you guys have one just like it right?

I ask because I was looking through Rosetta Stones library and they had Irish up as a language you could learn, and I thought "Irish??" I thought that was just British with a different accent. How many people still talk "Irish?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_language

So, how about that Irish version of The Jersey Shore?

I haven't watched it yet because those men are far more sexually prolific than me and it makes me jealous.

What is with the whole Irish language? I mean everyone makes fun of Wales for their fucked-up language, but you guys have one just like it right?

I ask because I was looking through Rosetta Stones library and they had Irish up as a language you could learn, and I thought "Irish??" I thought that was just British with a different accent. How many people still talk "Irish?"

It's a hard fucking language is all I know. We mainly use a bastardised version of it to confuse foreigners and/or talk about them without them knowing.

It's mandatory in schools unless you lived abroad until the age of 11 or something. I consistently failed it but inexplicably got a a C+ in it in my Leaving Cert (US equivalent is probably SATs I'd assume).

Yeah the IRA threw down their arms a number of years ago but seen as they're little more than a smattering of thugs and criminal gangs posing as revolutionaries and have a dozen or so splinter groups then it's very hard to take that seriously. Lo and behold there have been a number of incidents involving the IRA over recent years. An NI police officer got shot, a number of bombs and weapon caches were found and general nastiness all round.

I find it hilarious that there was an outcry over the British governments intended policy to segregate Muslim/Middle Eastern passengers at airports and search them more thoroughly. They did that to the Irish for decades with good reason too. My parents were regularly searched in the 80s and scrutinised like hell by the cops in England.

Gah, this forum is lookin' all crazy on my iPad. Christ, it must've been formatted by an Irishman a brain dead potato picker.

So, have the Irish improved at all on their timeliness of meeting people at airports? I know it was a fookin problem when I was there last. :2T:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Where do the Leprechauns live?

Are there any Micro-Breweries? Good ones?

Are there different flavors of Lucky Charms in Ireland?

Is there a Druid Temple in Dublin?

Moar thread-jackin.

They live in Blarney, they kick your face in after you kiss the stone.

There are many micro-brewerys but you need to find good pubs that sell their wares.

We unfortunately do not get Lucky Charms over here.

And I have no idea.

Mort, see my answer above for what happens when one kisses the blarney stone.

We get it, you're being a dick to him because he's quitting drinking. You're about a year late with the wisecracks.

Ah he's allowed. He was all gay and supportive in a different thread so he gets a free pass.

DoJ and Benz - Thank fuck we don't get lucky charms because they're foul. Oh wait you can get them in that American candy store near the Central Bank, Ross.

Edited by crimsonfire

Aww, check out Ross getting all sensitive in defense of his fellow Irishman. What's w/ the uptick in your hormone levels, Ross? You just have a soft spot for the mudderland and yer brudders or is all that Eastern-block snatch making that cold black heart as soft as your doughy exterior?

Ah he's allowed. He was all gay and supportive in a different thread so he gets a free pass.

Speaking of which, I haven't been able to check that thread in weeks. I've been w/out my laptop for that long and have only had my iPad for websurfing and for some reason it doesn't like that forum and I cannot open that thread. Anyway, how's your sobriety going? And a question relevant to the thread, what would be the most popular tea in Ireland and what's the methodology for making a proper "cuppa"?