Hondo's Bar

Guardians of the Galaxy

I also saw the movie, but I read the book and that couldn't be farther from the truth. The "film" did hit most of the points made in the book, but they ARE NOT THE SAME. I know your thing is animation, but trust the source material every once and a while. READ Planet Hulk.

I liked World War Hulk, but proceed with caution...

I know your thing is animation, but trust the source material every once and a while. READ Planet Hulk.

I do trust the source material, but I tend not to bother reading it if I didn't like a movie adaptation I've seen repeatedly described as very faithful. If I had seen The Last Airbender in 2010 without having watched the show, and heard repeatedly that it was just like the show, I would stay away from the show. I'd be inclined to trust you if you ever thought poorly of anything you ever saw or read.

This article really helped me understand who all of these people are and how it coincides with everything going on in the movie-verse. It was very spoiler heavy of course, so be aware of that. For other folks who may not have read all of those books listed. Edited by axel_napalm

• 2 weeks later...

So Marvel has moved it from May 16th to August 1st. Also, Thor 2 is getting a November release, which is interesting. There is also a rumor that there will be a post-credits scene in Iron Man 3 to set up Ant-Man. Lots of news and rumors out of Comic Con.

Edited by Reverend Jax

• 1 month later...

Plot synopsis

About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.

Speculation is that, if this is accurate, the pilot in question could be Carol Danvers.

udc7K.jpg

A move I would support. This whole thing could be an elaborate Ms./Captain Marvel origin story, and then she can jump right in on Avengers 2. Then we'd have a female character with a little more chops than Black Widow.

Damn if they do go that route, and keep the original line up, I could see them making the Avengers 2 not be a standalone and split it up into 2 parts.... cause that's alot of superheroes. Then again, I think that was the concern with part one and it worked out quite nicely.

• 1 month later...

That's about all I have to go on, so yeah, pretty much. I am a harsh mistress.

If it's actually decent, then Gaurdians of the Galaxy is the next one with a high probability of awful. It will either be a charming cult hit smash, or it will be an unwatchable pile of shit with a goofy ass talking raccoon as horrible comic relief. No in between.

James Gunn has been confirmed as director, so hopefully it's at least the former.