Hondo's Bar

Guardians of the Galaxy

_67969694_gillan1_bodypa.jpg

Former Doctor Who actress Karen Gillan has landed a role in Marvel's upcoming superhero film Guardians of the Galaxy.

The 25-year-old will play the lead female villain in the film, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Benicio Del Toro is also said to have joined a starry ensemble that already includes Glenn Close and Zoe Saldana.

Gillan played plucky Amy Pond opposite Matt Smith's Doctor. Her latest film, Not Another Happy Ending, closes the Edinburgh Film Festival this month.

Shooting on Guardians of the Galaxy, about a group of aliens tasked with the protection of Earth in the 31st Century, is due to begin this month. It is set for release in August 2014.

The film forms part of Marvel's so-called "Phase 2" movement, following an initial raft of superhero movies that culminated with 2012 blockbuster Avengers Assemble.

Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax the Destroyer are among the characters who will feature in James Gunn's movie.

Gillan will also be seen next year in Oculus, a US horror film that recently finished shooting in Mobile, Alabama.

Edited by Bindusara

Actually, he has got my vote for the Raccoon. His voice as Rocket Raccoon would sound pretty badass...

I also think he'd be great for Rocket Raccoon! For an anthropomorphized talking Raccoon to work on screen, I feel they need to play the voice straight (which is why I was worried early on when they were talking Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey)

While my personal pick would be Jason Stratham, Benicio would also be a great pick.

Alternatively, with a dye job, some eyeliner and white out contacts I think he'd make a great Adam Warlock....

edit: Oh multiple movies. Yeah he ain't playing the 'Coon.

Why's that Axel? Have you no faith in Rocket Raccoon's potential cross over appeal? Step aside RDJ, Rocket Raccoon's going to be the new glue of the Marvel U.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

If they absolutely had to do a goofier voice for Rocket, they need to go with Steve Buscemi. He already sounds like a Raccoon.

RDJ as Rocket would be fucking hilarious, and a nice alternative for if he retires as Iron Man.

toroz.png

As reported Monday, Marvel Studios and director James Gunn have added thespian Benicio Del Toro to the progressively stellar cast of their Guardians of the Galaxy space epic adaptation. While the Academy Award-winning actor's lead role is unknown, his character is apparently “built to be part of future Marvel films,” which leads to speculation that The Wolfman actor is playing Thanos. However, a very reliable source confirms that Benicio Del Toro will really be playing Taneleer Tivan.

Better known as The Collector, one of the oldest sentient beings in all the cosmos, Taneleer Tivan's inclusion in Guardians of the Galaxy isn't exactly news. British actress Ophelia Lovibond was revealed last month to be playing a character in the film who “aides” Tivan. However, now that we know it's The Collector who's being set up for later appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, besides Guardians sequels, could Benicio Del Toro be reprising the role in The Avengers sequel?

Read more at http://www.comicbook...7o6iyqtkgQfa.99

Edited by alive she cried

DOCTOR WHO Star Karen Gillan Joins The Cast Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY As Lead Villain

80627.png

Doctor Who star Karen Gillan has joined the cast of Marvel Studios and James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy as the lead female villain. Hit the jump for details!

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png facebookBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 5/31/2013

297892478294824798.png

We don't know exactly WHO she's playing as of yet, but The Hollywood Reporter has today revealed that Karen Gillan - who is best known for playing 'Amy Pond' in BBC's Doctor Who - has joined the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy as the lead female villain. This week has already seen Glenn Close cast as the head of the intergalactic Nova Corps, while Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are currently signed up as the three lead Guardians. Lee Pace was recently cast as the lead male villain (believed to be 'The Collector') in the James Gunn helmed movie, while Ophelia Lovibond was brought on board to play his aide. Who do you guys think Gillan is playing?

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=80627#pX6SefGL3OQv1jAE.99

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Vin Diesel confirms he's the voice of Groot.

"I'm An Actor, I Can Do Whatever The F*ck I Want" - Vin Diesel On Voicing 'Groot' In GOTG

85369.png

Now that everything is out in the open and it seems like a done deal (though not officially finalized yet apparently), Vin Diesel has begun to speak about his role as the voice of sentient tree alien Groot in Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy. Read on for what he had to say to the LA Times..

Follow Mark "RorMachine":

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 8/13/2013

hlep.png

The role of Groot -- who is not expected to be very talkative in the upcoming Marvel movie -- seemed like an odd choice for such a relatively high profile actor as Fast And Furious star Vin Diesel, but it seems that he may have accepted the role because he was eager to work with Marvel but was simply too busy for anything more substantial! "I’m so busy," Diesel explains to the LA Times. "The audience wanted Vin and Marvel, Vin and Marvel. But I’m too busy to do a six-month role. So what Marvel came up with was really interesting. … I am watching a social wave influence and in some ways guide their thinking." But what about Groot caught his attention specifically? Diesel says that not always wanting to go for the obvious choice, he picked a role that he found "interesting and inspiring", and plainly states that he's an actor and can "do whatever the [frick] I want". He also addresses the teases he's been posting on social media, and the rumor that Marvel were not very happy with him letting the cat out of the bag. "The last thing they are is mad," he reassures. "I’m pretty open, but I have been secretive about this. I went to Comic-Con and I got blasted while I was on the Hall H panel for Riddick. Someone asked a Marvel question. I couldn’t say anything because of that secrecy." More at the link below.

Read more at http://www.comicbook...SI4SMOU0AtoL.99

Edited by alive she cried