Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one. I'll tell you what I do like though: a killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.

The 5th Element. Love that movie. I need to rent it in blu-ray...

Anyway, try to get this one before someone else does, Special Kati:

Here, Spider, this is for you. I got respect for this kid. He's got alot of fucking balls. Good for you, don't take no shit off nobody. He shoots him in the foot and he tells him to go fuck himself!

• 4 weeks later...

Here, Spider, this is for you. I got respect for this kid. He's got alot of fucking balls. Good for you, don't take no shit off nobody. He shoots him in the foot and he tells him to go fuck himself!

Goodfellas

Value this time in your life kids, because this is the time in your life when you still have your choices, and it goes by so quickly. When you're a teenager you think you can do anything, and you do. Your twenties are a blur. Your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, "What happened to my twenties?" Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother. Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You'll call it a procedure, but it's a surgery. Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn't matter because you can't hear it anyway. Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering "how come the kids don't call?" By your eighties, you've had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can't stand but who you call mama. Any questions?

That's Shitty Schlickers, errr City Slickers.

Person 1 - Angraecum sesquipedale! A beauty! God! Darwin wrote about this one. Charles Darwin? Evolution guy? Hello? You see that nectary all the way down there? Darwin hypothesized a moth with a nose twelve inches long to pollinate it. Everyone thought he was a loon! Then, sure enough, they found this moth with a twelve-inch proboscis. Proboscis means "nose," by the way.

Person 2 - I know what "proboscis" means.

Person 1 - Yeah, let's not get off the subject. This isn't a pissing contest!

That's Shitty Schlickers, errr City Slickers.

Adaptation.

So nice to see life breathed back into this thread! :???:

"Are we awake?"

"We're not sure. Are we... black?"

"Yes we are."

"Then we're awake... but we're very puzzled."

Adaptation.

So nice to see life breathed back into this thread! :???:

"Are we awake?"

"We're not sure. Are we... black?"

"Yes we are."

"Then we're awake... but we're very puzzled."

Ha! Blazing Saddles :-D

A: How do you go about writing a detective story?

B: Well, you forget detection and concentrate on crime. Crime's the thing. And then you imagine you're going to steal something or murder somebody.

A: Oh, is that how you do it? It's interesting.

B: Yes, I usually put myself in the criminal's shoes and then I keep asking myself, uh, what do I do next?

A: Do you really believe in the perfect murder?

B: Mmm, yes, absolutely. On paper, that is. And I think I could, uh, plan one better than most people; but I doubt if I could carry it out.

A: Oh? Why not?

B: Well, because in stories things usually turn out the way the author wants them to; and in real life they don't... always.

A: Hmm.

B: No, I'm afraid my murders would be something like my bridge: I'd make some stupid mistake and never realize it until I found everybody was looking at me.

A: How do you go about writing a detective story?

B: Well, you forget detection and concentrate on crime. Crime's the thing. And then you imagine you're going to steal something or murder somebody.

A: Oh, is that how you do it? It's interesting.

B: Yes, I usually put myself in the criminal's shoes and then I keep asking myself, uh, what do I do next?

A: Do you really believe in the perfect murder?

B: Mmm, yes, absolutely. On paper, that is. And I think I could, uh, plan one better than most people; but I doubt if I could carry it out.

A: Oh? Why not?

B: Well, because in stories things usually turn out the way the author wants them to; and in real life they don't... always.

A: Hmm.

B: No, I'm afraid my murders would be something like my bridge: I'd make some stupid mistake and never realize it until I found everybody was looking at me.

Oooh a classic! Dial M for Murder.

"Occupation?"

"Stand-up philosopher."

"What?"

"Stand-up philosopher. I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension."

"Oh, a bullshit artist!"

*grumble*

"Did you bullshit last week?"

"No."

"Did you try to bullshit last week?"

"Yes!"

"Occupation?"

"Stand-up philosopher."

"What?"

"Stand-up philosopher. I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension."

"Oh, a bullshit artist!"

*grumble*

"Did you bullshit last week?"

"No."

"Did you try to bullshit last week?"

"Yes!"

History of the World: Part I

What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head. We're gonna get you back to your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug. Doug. Oh, Doug. Dougie. Dougie. Doug. Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers...well then we're shit out of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha. That's fucking obscure DoJ. I only know about this b/c of CJ.

The Room.

YOU DON"T PUT A BRA IN THE DRYER!!! ! IT WARPS!!!

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

"Ladies and Gentlemen, in the interest of clarity and sanity, the rest of this movie will not be in Polish."

• 1 month later...

Acalis' is from a Mel Brooks film, but I'm not sure which. . .

Aarty's is of course Inglourious Basterds .

Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Get back to us, Mr. Haku

Moving right along...

Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!

I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...

Uh-huh.

...pray to J I did the same ol' same ol'!

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...

...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
WTF is goin' on here? Aarty skips mine and Ly skips Logan's. It's pandemonium!

Someone hasn't read the rules... :p

If no one gets your quote in three days (72 hours from the time you posted it), post new ones.

• 1 month later...

Since no one has posted for a while, I will get the ball rolling again...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, in the interest of clarity and sanity, the rest of this movie will not be in Polish."

Oh that last quote of mine from way back when was from Mel Brooks' To Be or Not to Be. Mr. Hakujin was correct that it was a Mel Brooks movie. :director:

Here's a (hopefully) easy one to get the ball rolling again:

"Go ahead, make my day..."

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm.

All About Steve?

Really?????? :pinch: I had half-expected people to post the wrong movie but with the right character.

"Go ahead, make my day..."

This was from the Dirty Harry sequel Sudden Impact.

Let's try another one...

"You, help us or die."

"I do not deserve to live."

"Fine, I'll kill you later."

• 4 months later...

Moving right along...here's a new quote for the masses...

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Archived