Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I never realized. You hate me."

"I don't hate you, Nick. I just wish you'd never been born."

Nobody for this one huh? This one's from Fred Claus.

fred-claus-poster2.jpg

Let's try again.

"You've got 36 hours to get the hell in and out, so don't stop and smell the roses, OK?"

• 2 weeks later...
Constantine

New Quote:

I kill a communist 4 fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.

Scarface

~ Everybody knows you never go full retard.

~ What do you mean?

~ Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Tropic thunder.

The Methodist background, modest circumstances. Then off to a grand university. Full of richer, posher types. What was it? Oxford?

Cambridge.

Did the snobs there look down on you, too?

I… I…

Of course they did. That’s our tragedy, isn’t it, Mr _____? No matter how high we get, they still look down on us…

I… really… don’t know what you’re talking about…

Yes, you do. C’mon. You know exactly. No matter how many awards – or how many column inches are written about you – or how high the elected office is for me – it still isn’t enough, am I right? We still feel like the little man? The loser they told us we were? A hundred times. The smart-asses at college. The high-ups. The well-born. The people whose respect we really wanted. Really craved. And isn’t that why we work so hard now? Why we fight for every inch? Scrambling our way up, in undignified fashion, whatever hillock or mountain it is, why we never tire, why we find energy or motivation when any sensible person would lie down, or relax. If we’re honest for a minute. If we reflect privately just for a moment… if we allow ourselves… a glimpse into that shadowy place we call our soul, isn’t that why we’re here now…? The two of us? Looking for a way back? Into the sun? Into the limelight? Back onto the winner’s podium? Because we could feel it slipping away? We were headed, both of us, for the dirt. The place the snobs always told us we’d end up. Face in the dust. Humiliated all the more for having tried so pitifully hard. Well, to hell with that. We’re not going to let that happen. Either of us. We’re going to show those bums, and make them choke on our continued success. Our continued headlines. Our continued awards, power and glory. We’re going to make those motherfuckers choke. Am I right?

You are. Except only ONE of us can win. And I shall be your fiercest adversary. I shall come at you with everything I’ve got.

Good for you. Because the limelight can only shine on ONE of us. And for the other, it’ll be the ‘wilderness’. With nothing and no one for company, but those voices ringing in our heads.

Diamond's was from one of the Naked Gun movies but I don't remember which. Jax, yours is from Star Wars.

The Sword of Heroes! Said to be so sharp you can get cut just by looking at- OW!

Kung-Fu Panda

A: What are you rolling? Whippets? Goof balls? A little wowie sauce with the boys?

B: No, I'm not on any drugs!

A: What's this? Found it in your pocket. "Mojo." Is that what the kids are doing now, a little bit of Mojo?

Archived