Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Starship Troopers, a true classic.

Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

True Romance (a LOT of famous actors in this one!)

"I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!"

• 2 weeks later...
True Romance (a LOT of famous actors in this one!)

"I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!"

No takers huh? This one's from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory:

503957~Willy-Wonka-And-The-Chocolate-Factory-Posters.jpg

Let's see if you guys do better with this one:

"There's only one woman's words that should affect the mood of my husband. Those are mine."

"Drainage! Drainage, Eli! Drained dry, you boy! If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

There Will Be Blood

"I have to get more pudding for this trip to Hawaii. As I just said that out loud I realize it sounded a little strange but it's not."

"I have to get more pudding for this trip to Hawaii. As I just said that out loud I realize it sounded a little strange but it's not."

Punch Drunk Love

"Sometimes I don't think people realize how lonely it is to be a kid."

I've always liked you Byron, but you never know when to shut up. Even bad men love their mommas.

Another one from 3:10 to Yuma.

"Hey, you know what?"

"What?"

"Well, I think your daughter kinda likes me."

"If you touch her, I'll kill you."

"Ha! You'll try."

Another one from 3:10 to Yuma.

"Hey, you know what?"

"What?"

"Well, I think your daughter kinda likes me."

"If you touch her, I'll kill you."

"Ha! You'll try."

Lethal Weapon

~ Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. "Ah, the man is the head of the house!"

~ Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.

~ Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. "Ah, the man is the head of the house!"

~ Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Too easy! The name alone gave it away!

"Tell everyone that when the day is out we shall have a wedding. Or a hanging. Either way, we're gonna have a lot of fun, huh?"

Starship Troopers

Mulvihill! What are you doing here?

They shut my water off. What's it to you?

How'd you find out about it? You don't drink it. You don't take a bath in it. They wrote you a letter. But then you have to be able to read.

Chinatown

"Mm mm mm heh heh heh! Baby, you make me wish I had three hands."

"I think you're doing just fine with two."

"Mm mm mm heh heh heh! Baby, you make me wish I had three hands."

"I think you're doing just fine with two."

No takers huh? This one's from Total Recall.

totalrcall.jpg

Let's try another one shall we?

"Nobody who makes pâté this good can be all bad."

"That depends on what the pâté is made of."

"Woof."

"Benny???"

"A good dog to the last bite."

"Nobody who makes pâté this good can be all bad."

"That depends on what the pâté is made of."

"Woof."

"Benny???"

"A good dog to the last bite."

No one for this one either huh? This one is from War of the Roses.

the-War-of-the-Roses.jpg

Okay someone HAS to recognize this next one!

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."

~ What single-celled organism did you evolve from?

~ Tyrannosaurus Rex, the lizard king, thank you very much.

Super Mario Bros. (the movie). Talk about one of my major childhood disappointments this movie was!!!

"I'm free, you're toast!"

"Actually, YOU'RE toast. I forgot to mention it: your new friends, they're cannibals."

Archived