Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still mighty curious about that last quote, please enlighten us if you get a chance.

I think the appropriate amount of time has elapsed and I can post a new one now.

"You better not be jacking off to the Japanese comics, I swear to god."

Unbreakable. I love that scene!

"And you know what? Let me tell you something about these tattoos, okay. That is Buddhist, that is Nordic, that is Hindu, that's just gibberish. They are completely conflicting ideologies, and that does not make you a citizen of the world, it makes you full of shit!"

Forgetting Sarah Marshal

Mr. Neff, why don't you drop by tomorrow evening about eight-thirty. He'll be in then.

Who?

My husband. You were anxious to talk to him weren't you?

Yeah, I was, but I'm sort of getting over the idea, if you know what I mean.

There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. Forty-five miles an hour.

How fast was I going, officer?

I'd say around ninety.

Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket.

Suppose I let you off with a warning this time.

Suppose it doesn't take.

Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles.

Suppose I bust out crying and put my head on your shoulder.

Suppose you try putting it on my husband's shoulder.

That tears it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hrm...SiBob, get back to us on that...

Moving right along...

• You have an ass that makes me wanna dry hump!
  • Did you just say 'Dry hump'?
  • Yep.
  • I think I just fell in love.

That was from, "He's Just Not That Into You"

Neeeeeeeeeext...

It's sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. But I couldn't allow them to believe that I would commit murder. They'll put him away now, as I should have years ago. He was always bad, and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man... as if I could do anything but just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."

p.s. I think this thread should be pinned...

That's Sunshine. Spoken by Capt. Pinbacker, who was played (apparently) by Mark Strong, who coincidentally had a major role in...Stardust.

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!

That's Sunshine. Spoken by Capt. Pinbacker, who was played (apparently) by Mark Strong, who coincidentally had a major role in...Stardust.

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!

Star Trek: The Wrath of KHAA-AAAAAAN! KHAAAN KHAAN KHAN

Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

That's an Al Capone quote, so I'm gonna say The Untouchables.

They project onto you their flaws, what they don't like about themselves. I had a father like that.

Mothers are worse.

Wouldn't know. My mother died before I remember her.

What about your father?

Hated everything I did. Got drunk, beat me up. In and out of foster homes, that kinda thing.

And then?

I killed him. I was twelve... I'm kidding. He died of liver disease.

Well, I'm sorry.

No, you're not.

Mean Machine! Mean Machine!

It's interesting - I used to have this professor at Oxford, ok? Dr. Wickham, his name was and he was, like, this massive fat guy, you know? Huge, big guy. We used to call him - you know, well, I won't tell you what we used to call him, but he taught biomolecular kinetics and cellular dynamics. And he used to sort of scare the underclassmen with this story about how the world would eventually be eviscerated by technology. You see, it was inevitable that a compound would be created which he referred to as the "Anti-God". It was like an accelerated mutator or sort of, you know, like a, an unstoppable force of destructive power, that would just lay waste to everything - to buildings and parks and streets and children and ice cream parlors, you know? So whenever I see, like, a rogue organization willing to spend this amount of money on a mystery tech, I always assume...it's the Anti-God. End-of-the-world kinda stuff, you know? ...But no, I don't have any idea what it is, I was just speculating.

Shaun of the Dead... but ala MI:3 style.

I didnt really like MI:3 all that much. Mostly bc of P.S. Hoffman.

Rule number one: never carry a gun. If you carry a gun you may be tempted to use it. Rule number two: never trust a naked woman.

A: Is he nuts?

B: He no nuts, he's crazy!

Wow that is a classic! Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

"I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner."

"It's not an easy thing to meet your maker."

"What could he do for you?"

"Can the maker repair what he makes?"

I am pretty sure its right, so I am gonna go ahead and post a quote.

I want in immediately.

Define immediately.

Right the fuck now immediately.

Fuck that's an obscure one, but I'm pretty sure that's The Solosit, aka Jamie Foxx, speaking from The Kingdom. That movie was so underrated. Peter Berg has the skills.

And in the spirit of Jamie Foxx movies:

Perfect. Fuck. Ok stay here and get butt fucked by 12 Neanderthals. Bitch

you can't give it away like that sayin' that its another Jamie Foxx movie, just give me the answer why dontcha :love:

Any Given Sunday

-What's "God"?

-Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you.

Archived