Hondo's Bar

The Hulk

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liv Tyler manages to overcome the fact that she can't act by not talking a lot. This was a good choice on the director's part as Liv Tyler's best ability is to look pretty and smile/cry when the need arises. She does that well.

The scene is at the end of the film, not the end of the credits, which is a wise decision as the credits to a Marvel comics movie have more names on them than the guest list to Paris Hilton's vagina.

:FHD: for the review, but moreso for these two quotes!

I was going to write a comparison as well, until baytor destroyed all my hopes for being original. Great rundown.

My one contribution would be that after watching Ang Lee's last night again, just to be able to compare them, I find that the hulk "toon" is better animated in the 1st film. Sure time and technology give better skinning to the new one, so he ends up roidtastic. Yet the older animation demonstrates how I've always imagined hulk to look and move. He is incredibly strong due to large muscles, not ripped muscles. Unless he lives off of lettuce and stays dehydrated. Those disproportionate muscles would inhibit fluid movement, akin to little people. Hulk is just like that. The negative frog connotation given towards the 1st film represents how raw strength would give a weightlessness feel as if he was on the moon. Like a tick on earth.

Baytor nailed it pretty well as far as the odd slow scenes mixed in, with moments of horrid dialogue. Eric Bana, well, he really could have done better. His interpretation of emo banner is just to passionless. Though I prefer the dramatic style in Lee's film, this new version is a better movie overall.

Great Review Baytor! Here are some my thoughts:

Just came back from seeing it loved it! I also like Ang Lee's Hulk his movie movie was more experiemental, Louis Leterrier film is more straight foward, you know the story so let's cut to the chase! When I heard Leterrier was directing I knew the action would be top notch, I was worried it would lose a lot of the small intimate and playful moments that I liked from Ang Lee's version, thankfully I was wrong. Amidst the chaos there is plenty of small intimate and even funny moments. I also loved those Beauty and the Beast moments, demonstates that the invincible Hulk still has a human heart beating beneath the monstrosity.

I loved the odes to TV show, using a similar Gamma testing lab, hitchhiking from place to place, and the lonely man theme song, this felt like a continuation of the TV show on steroids!

Edward Norton's Bruce Banner is tortured soul, with flashbacks and nightmares of his transformations. This Banner is a worker, he is always working on the solution. He tireless in his pursuits, and incredibly intuitive. After he transforms back to Banner you feel is exaustion and disgust.

Liv Tyler does a fine job as Betty Ross, she gives the movie an emotional center, when Betty is in peril or danger the Hulk and audience will know it!

Tim Roth great as Emil Blonsky,

I love the whole Super Soldier Syrum part it even has the name of Dr. Abraham Erskine the man who administered it to Steve Rogers aka "Captain America" on the formula

. The Abomination is a much better villan than Absorbing Man, we finally see Hulk in a knockdown drag-out finale!

I was ready to hate William Hurt, 'cause I also agree that Sam Elliot is "Thunderbolt" Ross! Hurt's Ross is a darker a much more desperate character who will do anything to acheive his objective. He is much more calculating, and at the same time sadder. I would be fine with seeing him for the "Avengers" storyline in future. I am just still not sure if who is better Gen. Ross maybe time will tell.

I also love that Marvel is making their own movies, and not having studios haggling over different properties at different studios: Spider-Man-Cloumbia, X-Men- Fox. They are finally folding the characters into different movies and creating the Marvel Universe on the Silver Screen. You see Tony Stark, Leader, SHIELD, and allusions to Nick Furry. The future is coming together nicely.

If Marvel Studios is going to continue making movies like the top-notch Iron Man and Incredible Hulk, I say bring on Thor, Captain America and the AVENGERS!

Edited by Dark Kaniggit

They are finally folding the characters into different movies and creating the Marvel Universe on the Silver Screen. You see Tony Stark, Leader, SHIELD, and allusions to Nick Furry. The future is coming together nicely.

If Marvel Studios is going to continue making movies like the top-notch Iron Man and Incredible Hulk, I say bring on Thor, Captain America and the AVENGERS!

Did you stick through until the end of Iron Man's credits, cause Nick Fury is more than an allusion.

Did you stick through until the end of Iron Man's credits, cause Nick Fury is more than an allusion.

Yes, in Iron Man he is really there, right in Stark's living room. In the hulk I felt him being alluded to with SHIELD's presence in the movie, sorry I was not clear with that. You deffinitely feel the Marvel Universe starting to overlap in a very good way.

Edited by Dark Kaniggit

I also love that Marvel is making their own movies, and not having studios haggling over different properties at different studios: Spider-Man-Cloumbia, X-Men- Fox. They are finally folding the characters into different movies and creating the Marvel Universe on the Silver Screen. You see Tony Stark, Leader, SHIELD, and allusions to Nick Furry. The future is coming together nicely.

He's right y'know. Nick Furry DEMANDS SCREENTIME!!

Cue Kertz and her pic of our beloved admin with his teddy, duely christened Nick Furry.

I finally got to see this last night. I love how the director didn't just pretend that the last movie hadn't happened. I actually liked the first version, and didn't have any major issues with it, but this one is better. Okay, I am biased, I love Ed Norton (he co-wrote i do belive). But I thought Sarah Conner (harhar) made a better Betty.

Honestly though my biggest bitch about it is totally superficial. Liv Tyler has an annoying huge upper lip.

there.

I said it. I feel much better getting that off my chest.

I also can't wait for the DVD, rumor has it there's like 70 minutes of cut footage.

Now i didn't read this entire thread due to the fact that it is Sunday, and I am incredibly lazy today.

As for the last Hulk movie, it was better than x-men 3. I loved the split screen editing, and Nick Nolte was great. Hulk poodle was hilarious.

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

• 3 months later...