Hondo's Bar

MegaCon - Orlando, Florida

The NZA

I know most of you are down south... but for anyone up and around NYC... the following weekend the man, the myth, the creator of the Marvel Universe, Stan Lee will be appearing at the NY Comicon.

NOT a stan lee fan.

Added:

Allan Heinberg

Jimmy Palmiotti

Amanda Conner

Jimmy Cheung

Adam Hughes

Andy Smith

• 2 weeks later...

For the patriots of last years event, remember when we left the con to go visit Signal or was it the restuarant...?, well I was pretty damn drunk and YOU ALL RODE IN THE CAR WITH ME!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAhaaa.... But I guess everyone else was too drunk to care. Anyway, all i'm saying is I'll probably be a whole lot more liquored up next year, so no good to drive.... as for the booze, NOW, WHO'S WITH ME!?

Check list of Items to bring along to the Con:

1. Bottle of Tequila/Vodka/Flor de Cana (haven't decided yet, ah hell why not all three! for EVERYONE!)

2. Orange Juice/Cranberry Juice/Coke (Drinks to be made using each: Tequila sunrise, Seabreeze, and Rum&Coke)

3. Couple of containers in which to conceal beverages.

4. Nick's wallet. (yay!!! :cheerleader:)

well, that pretty much somes it up.

How about you? :)

Edited by Senshik

yeah, we need flasks! and uh, money to make my wallet worthwhile...

So, who's officially looking to join in? Im expecting the same heads as last year, but im lookin for confirmation from:

El Jax

La Lindsay

Arch...?

Skeets, mebbe Arnah

MH & TX chapter (who specfically? Endworld, PoD, Ly, stillbored...?)

ya'll gotta make it out.

i dont know what iout means, but if its a "100% ill be there" then ill help with your beer problem, man. You and ray-ray are like our main attractions. any shot at arnah?

SuperE - you sure, darlin? Shame if you cant make it out for a few days, but we'll try to bring you back somethin, and yeah, 's always next year.

still need confirmation from LL, MH & TX group etc.

I've requested my days, so it's known that I want off during that time. I'm hoping to have off that Thursday through Monday. Head out on Thurs or Friday, stay until Sunday or Monday.

Problem is we may only be there for Fri/Sat night, return Sunday. My boss lady said "Why don't you take time off in March? you know, spring break!" and I said "but... but there isn't any MegaCon in March :("

But if nothing else I AM GOING TO BE THERE AT LEAST FOR A NIGHT. I'm gonna make it happen! and if all works out my way Cj and I will be there for the weekend! I'm not sure about PoD or Endworld, Stillbored is still uncomfirmed, and I'm really pushing D-Fluff to consider it.

Stay tuned!

Check list of Items to bring along to the Con:

1. Bottle of Tequila/Vodka/Flor de Cana (haven't decided yet, ah hell why not all three! for EVERYONE!)

2. Orange Juice/Cranberry Juice/Coke (Drinks to be made using each: Tequila sunrise, Seabreeze, and Rum&Coke)

3. Couple of containers in which to conceal beverages.

4. Nick's wallet. (yay!!! :howyoudoin:)

I like the way that girl thinks.

BOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!! :drool:

pipe down! joss whedon might be there! oh, ill convince you yet.

Ray-ray: try to get the full time off if you can; come in early enough thursday and we'll hit the body exhibit that day, then leave as a group for orlando that night or early friday or something! we can go both fri & sat mebbe or just play tourist, hit water/amusement parks, drink with you, skeets, 2T, SB & RA and the whole lot've us, come back sunday & get you on a plane (or fly from there?)....we'll work it out, just get the fulltime off somehow, if you can!

I've requested my days, so it's known that I want off during that time. I'm hoping to have off that Thursday through Monday. Head out on Thurs or Friday, stay until Sunday or Monday.

Problem is we may only be there for Fri/Sat night, return Sunday. My boss lady said "Why don't you take time off in March? you know, spring break!" and I said "but... but there isn't any MegaCon in March :("

But if nothing else I AM GOING TO BE THERE AT LEAST FOR A NIGHT. I'm gonna make it happen! and if all works out my way Cj and I will be there for the weekend! I'm not sure about PoD or Endworld, Stillbored is still uncomfirmed, and I'm really pushing D-Fluff to consider it.

Stay tuned!

If ya'll'd still like me to accompany, let me know (and let me know how much money is a good idea to save up for this). I can bring booze, as well (maybe some Loki).

OH HELLS YEAH! I guess we really just gotta figure out how much passes are and shizzle. Cj and I are just going to fly there as it's quicker and cheaper for us. We can put you on my dad's airline thing and get you a discounted plane ticket, too. I'm going to ask him about it within the week and I"ll let you know how much average it'll be.

Rockkkkk!

Stay tuned!

Have I told you how much I love you. You made my day.

Here's all the info you'll need. MegaCon

If ya'll'd still like me to accompany, let me know (and let me know how much money is a good idea to save up for this). I can bring booze, as well (maybe some Loki).

It's all up to you. often a 100 bucks would go a long way on buying alot at a con. Just ask IC from our last trip.

OH HELLS YEAH! I guess we really just gotta figure out how much passes are and shizzle. Cj and I are just going to fly there as it's quicker and cheaper for us. We can put you on my dad's airline thing and get you a discounted plane ticket, too. I'm going to ask him about it within the week and I"ll let you know how much average it'll be.

Rockkkkk!

Aww, no road trip? Understandable, though.

seriously; the $5 TPB table, $100 buys you....uh...like eighty books.

80 books? That sounds too good to be true... don't they usually cost $ 10-20?

Oh god oh god! Make it stop make it stop! NOT THE TRADE TALK!!!!

so how about that booze. :)

Ack! Sorry! Booze... the plane ride'll complicate my transportation of booze... something tells me they (airport security) aren't too keen on that these days... and I think mailing booze is illegal, too. :misty:

We must figure something out.

So that's plane tickets, $ 100 for the con (not including the entry fee, I assume), What about money for room and board type expenses?

yeah Ly, my math sucks, but there actually is (regularly) a $5 TPB table, and yeah a lot of em go for $20-30 regularly, so i go nuts at said table, its basically 80% of what i pick up at the 'con. To be honest, im hopin to get there on friday next year cause the stuff i got on saturday last time was so good, i wanna see what's there before others pick it apart first, must be some top-shelf shit im thinkin. youre welcome to help me and Newtype loot it if you come out.