Hondo's Bar

MegaCon - Orlando, Florida

The NZA

pipe down! joss whedon might be there! oh, ill convince you yet.

Ray-ray: try to get the full time off if you can; come in early enough thursday and we'll hit the body exhibit that day, then leave as a group for orlando that night or early friday or something! we can go both fri & sat mebbe or just play tourist, hit water/amusement parks, drink with you, skeets, 2T, SB & RA and the whole lot've us, come back sunday & get you on a plane (or fly from there?)....we'll work it out, just get the fulltime off somehow, if you can!

For some reason I didn't read this before?!

That would be so much fun! I'm really gunning for those days, so everyone, cross your fingers!

$22, online or at the door (we buy online, the lines suck). We'll figure out who makes the buy by then, other prices'll be your own food, split gas (if we rent a van or somethin) and whatever you care to buy; other than that....minor things like what to do the next day or 2 up there, be it extreme minature golf, amusement park or just drink with 2Track and get kicked out of places (so, figure bail). Overall, its not as much as youd think.

$22, online or at the door (we buy online, the lines suck). We'll figure out who makes the buy by then, other prices'll be your own food, split gas (if we rent a van or somethin) and whatever you care to buy; other than that....minor things like what to do the next day or 2 up there, be it extreme minature golf, amusement park or just drink with 2Track and get kicked out of places (so, figure bail). Overall, its not as much as youd think.

Don't forget earplugs for bunny. Once we hit Fanboy mode the ladies are going hate us. Curtains was ready to dump our ass in the middle of nowhere after 3 hours of geek talk.

Don't forget earplugs for bunny. Once we hit Fanboy mode the ladies are going hate us. Curtains was ready to dump our ass in the middle of nowhere after 3 hours of geek talk.

Hey, hey, I resent that - There's actually a fanGIRL in the mix, too, you know.

Hey, hey, I resent that - There's actually a fanGIRL in the mix, too, you know.

Sorry I should have been a little more clear. Ready to dump our ass in the middle of nowhere after 3 hours of geek talk on the drive to orlando. She for some reason wanted us to talk about other things other then comics.

I just figured.... since we were on our way to an entire weekend of comics, we could talk about other things on the way... but i guess it's no use... let the boys be merry about their comics.

I think Nick threatened to try to get me into american comics but... he hasn't been trying real hard... hte only one i've read was Preacher and that one wasn't too bad, it was actually quite great.

Regardless i'm looking forward to this event cuz it means people from all over are gonna make it out and it also means drinking booze with them. :mumble:

YAY!!! :pinch:

• 4 weeks later...
Betcha I'll have an easier time :gathering:

It's a comic con. Just about every fanboy there is going to care about the comics over a hot woman. I was talking to a chick in a tight leather suit an nobody was bugging her. That ass of her's was smoking hot an NOBODY WAS LOOKING. She said she can walk around naked an nobody would notice and I agreed with her.

Rules, Regulations & Common Sense

* Always keep in mind that since the 911 incident and many other terrorist events since 911 most people are very sensitive to the display of anything that remotely looks like a threat. **Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else.

* All weapons must be carried into the hall in a bag of some sort. **Remember that other convention center attendees may not be aware of the costume contests and may be frightened by something even remotely looking like a weapon. Keep your prop/weapon covered when walking through parking lots, when riding on buses, and when walking through the main part of the convention hall.

* Once you reach Hall C you must go directly to the booth marked Props checkpoint. At this booth your prop will be inspected and taped with a special safety tape. (We have acquired a tape that does not leave residue) The purpose of this tape is to make other security personnel aware that your prop has already been safety verified. **Keep in mind not all security officers will be working the safety checkpoint and will stop you if they do not see safety tape on your prop.

* We ask that all people carrying props stay in the main hall area of C or in the specified costume contest rooms. If you need to leave these areas for any reason, you must place your prop back in the bag you carried it in or check the prop with the personnel behind the Props booth (this booth will remain open during showroom hours only).

* There will be absolutely no play-acting with props allowed outside of the rooms designated for contests. (Please remember each contest will have their own set of rules for their event so please check the rules for contest you are involved in.) **Even though you know you are play acting not all attendees in the hall will know this. Use common sense and don’t frighten other attendees.

* When you are leaving the hall at the end of the day you must return your prop into the bag you carried it in. All props must be carried out the same way they were carried in. **I know that once the convention is over you may think, “What does it matter if I carry my prop out in the open. The show is over what can they do?” Unfortunately what you are doing is ruining any chances of us being allowed to continue to have props in future shows. Please do not ruin this opportunity for future years.

* I have personally told the personnel at the convention center what a great group of responsible attendees we have at MegaCon. Please do not let future attendees or me down by not adhering to these rules. They are simple and make it safe for everyone.

* Have a great and safe time at MegaCon 2007!

Oh you try and stop me MegaCon...you try and stop me....

2131.jpg

I resent that.

Alls I cared about was getting really fucking shit-faced.

Well to be fair you did try to pick up a few girls but Nick an Panch did scare them away.

So megacon is just a little over 2 months away. We need to really start planning this. Who's going who's not, how many people, where are we staying, what day do we go.

yeah, stoopid grrls.

Im filling for the time off this weekend or so.

Please confirm your place on THE MASTER LIST8675309

Confirmed 100% going, barring death before february:

Irish Cowboy

Newtype

Senshik

2Track

MetalHeart (2007 Hondonian guest of honor)

EverMalice

Fucking well likely:

APANCHALYPSE FOREVER

Silent Bob

Ruby's Angel

Junkerseed

BishopCruz

Possibly Maybe:

La Lindsay

El Jax

Dinghy

Lycaon