Hondo's Bar

"Madam MisSarah"

*MisSarah*

We are few and far between. When the norm is a guy that treats women as objects instead of treating them right, the women get freaked out when a real man does. I guess they think it's too good to be true, or the nice guy really has hidden intentions but the bad guy is upfront about it. I don't know. I keep hearing that you have to keep women on their toes, keep them guessing, and never let them in on how much you like them. But I'd like to believe that it's all highschool mentality. At this point in our lives (the 20-somethings and up) we should be more adult about our relationships. But unfortunately, I think the games last for as long as we do. Let's see what the women have to say.

:D Sorry I did it again. Go ahead MisSarah...

NO DANTE you have very good advicE!!! I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!! people are such whinner like we act like we cant change our bad habits and our "high school mentality"! if games didnt exsist then things would be so much easier!!!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. I see it just as you do. Again if I were to date, I wouldn't make the same "nice guy" screw ups I made in the past. Wow you're good! Yeah, being a nice person is one thing, but you have to learn to be... not rude, but assertive. And yeah, unfortunately we all have to learn by experience, and the experience can be painful. But after it all I look back and say "Whether I'm meant for Priesthood or Marriage, I learned some valueable lessons from that."

See? The myth that nice guys always finish last has been debunked! You can be a nice guy, but you gotta be assertive too! There's a difference between being nice and being a doormat. You're not a nice guy if you're a doormat.

Also something my Pastor at the parish said a few weeks back on men and women I beleive generally applies here:

"Men and women have one question they need answered in life, it's a different question for each, but similar. For men its : 'Do I have what it takes? Am I a man?' and for Women it's : 'Am I lovely? Am I worth fighting for?' "

Wise words. If you're a doormat, you're not a man, and you're sending the message to the woman that "No, people can walk all over me, I'm not gonna fight for you."

Thoughts?

"Men and women have one question they need answered in life, it's a different question for each, but similar. For men its : 'Do I have what it takes? Am I a man?' and for Women it's : 'Am I lovely? Am I worth fighting for?' "

if only everyone beleived they were worth fighting for! if only everyone valued themselves, what a world this would be!!!!

so many of us think we should just settle or we dont deserve the best, and so many of us just let ourselves get walked over time and time again!

i have fallen into this category many of times, its almost eaiser to excpect less than actully have respect enough for ourselves and others! it takes more then a vagina to be WOMAN and it takes more than penis to be a MAN!!!

if only everyone beleived they were worth fighting for! if only everyone valued themselves, what a world this would be!!!!

so many of us think we should just settle or we dont deserve the best, and so many of us just let ourselves get walked over time and time again!

i have fallen into this category many of times, its almost eaiser to excpect less than actully have respect enough for ourselves and others!  it takes more then a vagina to be  WOMAN and it takes more than penis to be a MAN!!!

AMEN, dear sister!

Archived