Hondo's Bar

SIGNAL answers all of your questions

Signal08

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Sig! Someone says you can have any gun in the world and you don't pick an orbital defense platform? Think bigger!And you know if I were fucking Ben Affleck, I'd share. I'm a generous guy.That is crazy, all three of us posted at the same exact time.

I want Brad Pitt to deliver a cake to me.
is this a question? sounds to be more of a demand, but since it is you I will entertain demands. For this to happen, I would need to pull off a kidnapping, or in this case, pittnapping. I would have to travel with him bound and gagged through several states so it could be very time consuming and risky. For a job like this though, I think I am gonna have to charge you for my efforts, but no charge on my time (cuz I like ya). How much are you prepaired to spend?
Come on, Sig! Someone says you can have any gun in the world and you don't pick an orbital defense platform? Think bigger!And you know if I were fucking Ben Affleck, I'd share. I'm a generous guy.That is crazy, all three of us posted at the same exact time.
DJ, I was thinking something I could carry for immediate unplanned defense. Like waltzing around a corner and -gasp- 4 angry alley cats in human form ready to pounce. I would fair better with a Kimber in hand vs. running across town (if I could get away) and go to my shed and drag out the orbital defense platform. Just a quicker, more simplified kill if you ask me.I'd prefer not to have sloppy seconds of Ben. I'd share Damon with you though. Loves the Bourne ^_^

OR you could have your own Iron Man suit.

Just sayin'

then it wouldnt be as cool if more than 1 person had one, cuz face it, we'd all try to buy one then. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silent Bob Posted Today, 04:23 PM

Well I say...is it too much to ask for both?

yea, it kinda is dontcha think? Either way, it would lead to ultimate superiority... pinky and the brain style

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

archangel Posted Today, 04:29 PM

no, it's smart, cos then the suit could both lift AND control the space station laser.

I think you have put too much thought into this, but the laser just isnt gonna happen... not today, mebbe sometime next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MetalHeart Posted Today, 04:37 PM

I have 4 dollars in my wallet. Will that suffice? haha <3

Ok here's a real question:

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?

Uhm, 4 dollars would cover me backing out of the drive way, and maybe enough to get me out of the neighborhood. Remember, I have a quadcab truck, and it isnt the easiest on the gas fundz.

as for the real question, if I had to answer in a hurry, I'd have to go with Five or Fighting or something similair. Has a touch of the classical elements, but mostly rock, which in a few years will turn into easy listening. While he isnt my 'fav' it would possibly be one of the easier genre of music to be forced to listen to, since I cant listen to anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Isa can be an owner of a pink any caliber glock or pink .380 kahr. There have been some yellow guns made but they were special order, not custom order. Special order means more monies. There was a purple polymer glock too, so you can switch it up a bit. I believe kel tec makes a red gun. If you are looking for a gun of color, then let me know what kind you want and color and I will get my buddy whos a dealer get his hands on one. If you are looking, are you looking for a home defense gun, or one to carry in your purse (obtaining a concealed weapons license too). Let me know, and I will point you in the direction you need to go.

I will be back to post the gun color links if I can come across them.

Ok, here is a sight that has custom add on's, which is aftermarket stuff... Dunno how you'd feel about aftermarketing your last line of defense (but looks cool!)

Pink/cammo add ons

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is also duracoating, but is just a paint, vs add ons

Pink Glock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This link is where the actual polymer (body) of the gun is made by glock (non-aftermarket), but its not as pretty as the duracoat.

manufactor pink glock

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duracoating is fine on a gun, b/c its just like repainting a car. Most guns (non polymer...aka non plastic) are stainless steel, gun metal, or nickle...all being silver. The 'black' guns you see out there are actually blue. When your gun wears, and you get it recoated its called 'blueing' your gun. Its a midnight type of blue and it just looks black.

Kel-Tec makes a pink gun too and its a good gun. They are made right here in Cocoa Cocoa Beach, FL. They have that small one you see which is very small and I used to own one, a blue one at that, and the P-9 is a decent gun too and they are very affordable.

KelTec Pink

If any of you's want insider on ordering them from the manufactorer or from a dealer who can land a used one, let me know and I will get the ball rolling.

Well to store a firearm in your car, you do not need a concealed weapons permit. If you stow it away in your glove box, and either keep it in a holster with a strap, and or, keep the safety on, you will be fine under florida statue. The rule of thumb is the 3 step rule to fire the weapon. If it takes you 3 steps to aim and fire, you are within the florida requirements on steps/time to think about what you are doing. Opening your glove box is one, grabbing your gun is two, and undoing the strap and pulling the gun out of the holster is three... the whole aiming and shooting is fair game.

Your car is an extension of your home, therefor you are allowed to conceal your gun within the vehicle. This is why the cops must ask for permission to search your vehicle if you are not under arrest, b/c it is an extention of your home, otherwise it would require a warrant. Once you are placed under arrest, then they can rip your junk up. But yea, common misunderstanding is that you have to have a permit to even have a gun in your car. YOU DO NOT.

To carry on you or in a purse/knapsack (gay) then you must have a permit. I'd say get the permit cuz then you are given a lil more in depth training and understanding AND you get to carry it with you if need ever arose!

BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT.

There are some purple ones out there, I think Glock tried to market it as a 'rainbow glock' due to it having a rainbow effect in extreme lighting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as conceal carry and home defense goes:

Conceal Carry means you want a light, small gun. Calibers usually range in the .380/9mm to .40 cal size. There are some .45 concealment guns, but lets face it, you aint really surprising nobody. they know you got a gun, they just cant see 'it'. Concealment guns are for close range, oh shit im being attacked, knock them on their feet, hurt them, run away guns.

Home defense can be any caliber and usually a full size gun. Full size offers more weapon to hold onto which generates a more comfortable feel while holding the metal/polymer thats gonna fuck someones shit up. I recommend the .40 or .45 hydroshock rounds in a home defense gun. Full size to sub compact gun is best fit for this purpose. Stay away from the compact or concealment guns for home defense. .40 to .45 cal gives you the bigger rounds for ultimate stopping power.

The Castle Law under FL STATE law advises that while in your own home (castle) you are not required to retreat. You are allowed to stand your ground and kill your intruder. Used to be, fl law stipulated that you had to retreat to a closet or bathroom/bedroom to show that you attempted to not kill your intruder. Too many people were doing that and getting killed for being afraid of being punished by fl law for murder. Well it has been fixed and you can now kill on sight if someone breaks into your home.

Whats worse still is this talk of customing them so they're almost fashion accessories, its sickening, to me anyway. I can understand police having them, but i mean, after that, having one for "a nip down to the shops in the car" just baffles me.

The whole argument i've heard about them being a statement for being free is absolutely lost on me, if you need a gun to feel free, you've massive Massive problems in my eyes. This is probably very much the wrong place for this little rant-cum-outburst but just the whole "aftermarketing your gun" thing just disgusts me, if i'm to be honest.

Here's another chilling thought when owning a gun. If you carry in public and you're in a situation where you're forced to fire whether it be because you're under attack or you come up on a situation where you could be a hero, you either shoot to kill or pray you have witnesses, because once your target recovers, it'll be your word against theirs that there was any wrong doing. :2T:

Well first off DoJ, I dont paint my gun pretty colors. The Duracoating is dominated by hunters who camoflauge their guns for obvious reasons. The secondary purposes of duracoating is to make the gun 'pretty' which is dominated by the females in the industry. Pink/purple/tan ect... b/c sure they own one and carry in their purse, but they want it pretty or whatnot. I like the ol blue or stainless looks myself, so no need to get colors. I also dont carry it in a paranoid sense "oh now I feel better". In fact, I havent carried a gun on me in 2 or 3 years, maybe even longer. I just dont carry it. I do, however have a gun in my truck, in my home

and I have the right and ability to carry it on me when I want to due to concealed weapons license.

I own guns 'in case shit' aka insurance policy. I dont hide behind them however. I'd rather stab a fucker than shoot him, guns are noisey man. You want to come to america and shoot a gun, but scoff at the fact that we can carry them and paint them pretty colors. The color shit doesnt do anything for me, but it does for others. Some people drink every night, some people gamble every night, I clean my guns every night... no, not really just sounded funny. As far as your cum covered spittin' spewing rant or whatever, doesnt bother me man. Say what you gotta say, you my dog and you know that. I will back you up in stating that some people just shouldnt have guns. Just like some people shouldnt be behind a wheel, and just like some people shouldnt be allowed to reproduce! I work for the Sheriffs Office... those 'some people' are 'all the people' I deal with.

Secondly, Ly the toy guns must have a red plastic tip on the end measuring at least 2 inches in height and width (I believe). Airsoft and pellet guns must have a screw base tip on them to indicate that they are less than leathal rounds. So some measures are taken.

And lastly, Dear Dearest Jesi, I do love an audience!

Are you really that insecure about yourselves you really need to go around toting guns, i mean, i cringe reading some of this shit if im to be honest. Is your country that much of an unsafe shithole you need to carry guns around in your purse/car to feel safe?

i like you doj, but that has to be the most stupid post i've ever seen on hondo's.

it's not about insecurity, it's about not being robbed or killed by a scumbag.

and yes their country is that fucked up, as is ours.

the only difference is that in most states over there you can do something about it.

the mind boggles at how the media have been able to brainwash people into thinking that taking away their civil liberties is a good thing.

You clearly don't read around much then, its my opinion of things, i mean, i know irelands not safe, but at no point have i ever thought i'd feel better carrying a weapon around with me...

link

Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. Between 1987 and 1996, these changes occurred:

homicide rate down 36%

firearm homicide rate down 37%

handgun homicide rate down 41%

221,443 concealed carry licenses were issued in Florida between October of 1987 and April of 1994. During that time, Florida recorded 18 crimes committed by licensees with firearms.

As of 1998, nationwide, there has been 1 recorded incident in which a permit holder shot someone following a traffic accident. The permit holder was not charged, as the grand jury ruled the shooting was in self defense.

As of 1998, no permit holder has ever shot a police officer. There have been several cases in which a permit holder has protected an officer's life.

link

Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia

Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes.

The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982.

And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.

With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you?

The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence.

The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish.

but ly's right, if we wanna take this further we'd better start a thread

Archived