Hondo's Bar

What's the first game you completed?

MyLeakyBucket

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SB, would you recommend Full Throttle then? Always thought about picking it up and never gotten around to it.

I think the term 'Adventure games' best describes them. Grim Fandango is probably my fave game ever, closely followed by Commandos 2 and Max Payne 2.

My parents are pretty cool as well. My dad used to get to get up at 5am in the mornings to play Lemmings on our Amiga 500 before going to work. He kicked some ass at that game, got pretty close to completing it I think.

• 5 months later...

shit, i never finsihed lufia....rental time ran out.

SuperE, just noticed that: you finished Frogger, Centipiede and Q-bert? Props! But youre right, they did just repeat, like Donkey Kong did...or Pac-Man, or Tetris.

Also - Baka: fighting games count, that'll do! FFIX was really your first? I sure hope you went back & played through VI at least once.

Phantasy Star II was my first RPG i played all the way through, never was the same after that game, been a diehard RPG fan since. I beat surprisingly few of my Sega Master System games back inna day, but the ones i set myself to, like Ghostbusters, i beat the fuck out of.

Still not certain about Duck Hunt havin an enidng, tho...

(topic was revived!)

I was pretty young so I don't remember too well, but my first game to ever beat was the fist Legend of Zelda on NES. I think we rented it twice and my brother, dad and I all had seperate games going to see who could actually beat it. Ahhh I love that game!

After that, the only fighting games I remember were Mortal Kombat 2 and Killer Instinct, MK3 was my fave, and uhh...I pretty much can't recall any other games I played or beat until Zelda 64 came out. The first actual RPG I beat I think was ummm....Final Fantasy X, 'cause that was the only one I ever owned. Damn I can't think at all......

SB, would you recommend Full Throttle then? Always thought about picking it up and never gotten around to it.

Damn, never saw that, sorry MLB. But yeah, many months later, I'd definitely recommend Full Throttle. It's by the same guys who did Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, etc. If you liked those old LucasArts adventure games, it was one of the best.

And you can find it real cheap on Amazon now.

There was a sequel being made for the PS2 and XBox a couple years ago, but LucasArts pulled the plug. Apparently they're incapable of making a game that doesn't say "Star Wars" on the front, these days.

Some screenshots of what could have been...

fullthrottle_e3_screen002.jpg

fullthrottle_e3_screen001.jpg

fullthrottle_e3_screen012.jpg

The first game I can recall ever beating was Pole Position II for the Atari 7800.

For the 8-bit NES it was Super Mario Brothers. I remember how short Atari games were, so I presumed you would beat the game once you beat Bowser in the first palace, and the first time I saw "Thank you Mario... but our princess is in another castle!" I was like "WTF??? How long IS this game???"

did you beat the 2nd quest on Zelda 1? that shit was harder...just went through it again on the Gamecube remake...

Gamecube made a remake of the ORIGINAL Legend of Zelda???

Also has anyone ever played BS Legend of Zelda? That's the SNES remake of Zelda 1 that never made it to the US, you can only play it via emulators.

Gamecube made a remake of the ORIGINAL Legend of Zelda???

They released a classic compilation disc for the GC a couple years ago. I didn't know there was a second version of 1, though. I didn't buy it because it didn't have Link to the Past on it, and if it doesn't have Link to the Past, what's the point? :D

Well, its got Zelda 1 & 2, plus Zelda 64 & Majora's Mask, all classics in their own right...but i cant argue with SB; Link to the Past was amazing, and leaving it off - if even for "4 swords" - was criminal.

Hey SB, did you want me to send the Collection disc to you, did you wanna play the older ones? Lemem know if you wanted to borrow that one, lotta folks didnt play Majora's Mask, but it was fun, with a guide.

Nah, I've already got Majora for my N64, and Ocarina for my GameCube. Like I said, since it didn't have Link to the Past I wasn't really that interested. Thanks, though.

By the way, I'm gonna try to send Paper Mario and RE4 out to you this weekend. Bear with me, it's finals weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

FIrst Mario Brothers game for the NES. then i went out to beat the other 2. I attempted to beat FFVII, but that didn't work out and i didn't want to play any of ther other games because of it. I did beat Zelda though on 64. heh I am more of a Online gamer, no time for games now though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived