» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Man, I really liked this one! Props to Ratner for shuttin' (most of) the people up about this flick!

Think about the fuckin' pressure this guy was up against after the first 2 Singer masterpeices? He had big shoes to fill and I think he did a great job! Stop trying to compare it to the others and try to look at it as it's own movie! You have to admit that it was pretty good!

I think my biggest problem with the movie was the fact that they tossed way to many characters to the curb.

I think Jax is kinda right with the Jedi comparison in that it was better than it SHOULD have been but it has way too many flaws to be as good as the first two. People assume that those who complain about Jedi do so because of the Ewoks. The Ewoks were part of the problem, but nowhere near the whole issue. People complain about Jedi becuase even though it is a good film, it's not the film the first two films lead into.

It suffers the same problems Jedi did in that it forgets where it came from. It tried way too hard to wrap the series up in one movie when it wwas building itself up to many more. After X2 the series should have dealt with say, the Sentinels, and THEN brought Jean back.

Then again, unless you really plan well for sequels it is very hard to keep them going after the second one. The realities of production tend to get in the way. It's very hard to do an effective trilogy unless you film back to back. The story takes back seat to contractual obligations or other things.

I think it was everything a comic book movie should be...it was direct in its plot (Humans find "cure", mutants protest, Xavier tries to pacify, Magneto retaliates, Xmen fight the war, World is saved) There was plenty of action, some sort of emotional subplot (Wolverine CRIES AWWWWW ) and like in every good comic script...witty remarks that make us laugh. I liked it for what it was...another Xmen movie. Lumping the three movies together as a "Trilogy" aplifies the fact that its not at the caliber of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings...perhaps disappointing some viewrs. I think it's better to like the movie, how Apanchalypse said "for its own movie".

Man, I really liked this one! Props to Ratner for shuttin' (most of) the people up about this flick!

Think about the fuckin' pressure this guy was up against after the first 2 Singer masterpeices? He had big shoes to fill and I think he did a great job! Stop trying to compare it to the others and try to look at it as it's own movie! You have to admit that it was pretty good!

Let's see how you feel when Ratner takes over from Raimi for Spiderman 3 and instead of doing any real villians, bleaches Kelsey Grammar's Beast-suit & gives Mary Jane contacts. Not to mention makes Wolverine cry.

Why do I get the feeling Nick's in a foetal position on his loungeroom floor? Lindsay? Did you happen to notice the beanbag was smelling more of brut & Dorrities than normal & is rocking back and forth a lot? You shold really get Nick into a shower or something...

quiet, you

finally caught up on this spoiler-ridden thread (no idea how you people enjoy a movie youve seen 17 clips from and go in knowing who makes it & who doesnt)...

baytor: Phoenix Saga was good, was more important during its time when big character deaths werent so daily a thing. Also, it had the fist solo Wolverine story, him comin back up from the sewers to save his team, alone, which i alwyas loved.

And yeah, Jean's dead for the time being, and the foreseeable future. Its practically an in-joke in the book itself about how often she dies.

The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

So yeah, not on par with 2 but better than I expected. I agree that Ratner really didnt leave the franchise much in way of future sequels, and while managing such a large cast is never easy, im tired of every 3rd movie being a trilogy, i thought trilogies were stories in 3 parts, not sequels.

I've been waiting for your weigh-in...

aw, sweet to know people're waiting on my fanboy reviews.

Okay haven't seen this movie, but I read a spoiler because that's what I do when I can't afford to go see a movie (don't judge me or I'll gouge out your eyes with an icepick) so I've got the general concensus.

First of all, BestKeptSecret next Hondonian Awards, if you're nominated for smartest Hondonian (as you will be if Panch wants to wake up the next morning with 2 kidneys) then I will vote for you because that is the best fucking review I've heard of this movie yet.

It's a movie based on a fucking comic book! Why does it need so much substance? Personally I thought the first one was a fucking boring, it was too serious. When I see a movie based on a comic book, I want fights, I want action, and I want so many fucking one-liners it's ridiculous! That's why I hold Spider-Man in higher regard than these films, just when it starts to get too dramatic we get a fight scene or something to make you laugh. That's why I thought X2 was better by leaps and bounds, because there were more fights and more just entertaining sequences not fucking debates about whether mutants should be allowed to walk free and all that shit

And the line

was something I could imagine that character (yes the comic one too) saying. Not to mention it's the next, "We got snakes, on the motherfucking plane!"

Oh yeah, and to answer whoevers question, Nightcrawler isn't in this movie because he decided to be a whiny little bitch because he didn't want to go through the makeup again.

you cant review if you aint seen it yet! :wolvy: *covers eyes*

That's why I thought X2 was better by leaps and bounds, because there were more fights and more just entertaining sequences not fucking debates about whether mutants should be allowed to walk free and all that shit

I agree x2 was amazingly better, i thought the xavier vs magneto debates in 1 were important for settin up the whole series, and shit like that and magneto's origin at the beginning were some of the best scenes there, cause yeah, by the time mags is tryin to reverse polarity or soemthin and senators are made of goo, shit went weird.

anyway, doesnt try to be too smart for its own good like The Hulk did, but it does jump the shark here & there.

Oh I agree about the review, and I'll post a real one once I actually see the movie. But since I know all the intricate details of the movie thanks to themoviespoiler.com and from what I've seen from all the clips I've watched I think that all the bitching is being a bit critical.

it is, people are bein harsher on this one than i thought tehy would, but again, clearly different direction and people dont dig change - even im still curious what singer'dve done, x2 was so good.

never know why you guys watch half the movie before you watch the movie, though...

Archived