Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Saw Fast Five last night, and it's fucking ridiculous. This is what I guess others get out of the Die Hard Franchise in a swirl of physics-defying BS running for 2 and a half hours. I loved it, but you really need to forget who you are and just be the five year old kid that this franchise is made for. I will make one shenanigans call though: The thing's set in Rio, and they have the gratuidous 'dem buttz' street racing scene, but they're all tiny little whitegirl arses. Realistically we should have been masses of wriggling flesh just everywhere(but then that's the rest of the movie between the Rock & Diesel). I look forward to #6 which will be a shouting, dirty & greased-up bicep with vague car-noises in the background.

The girl who played Hanna is Irish then, eh. She was good in the film. I know she's been in other stuff, but this is the first film I've seen her in. She made Portman's Mathilda look like a poser. Not an easy feat.

Yeah, she was in Atonement, The Lovely Bones and The Way Back (what I've seen her in anyway).

As for what I've seen last, SLC Punk. Jason Segel really steals the film for me.

Come on Jay, I've only seen the first F&F film, but Die Hard has to be more plausible than anything in this franchise. And if I do end up seeing the film in theaters I'lld efinitely be on the look out for your shenanigans call.

Yeah, she was in Atonement, The Lovely Bones and The Way Back (what I've seen her in anyway).

As for what I've seen last, SLC Punk. Jason Segel really steals the film for me.

Haven't seen any of those films. But I did DL "The Way Back" based on a recommendation, possibly from you or someone else here. I'll have to check it out soon then.

Come on Jay, I've only seen the first F&F film, but Die Hard has to be more plausible than anything in this franchise. And if I do end up seeing the film in theaters I'lld efinitely be on the look out for your shenanigans call.

It's only an estimate/speculation as I've not watched a complete Die Hard film, and hate what I've seen. I just assume folks watch it for the same reason they drink metho or pound heroin.

I finally saw NARC on video. It was a pretty good murder mystery. Not as much action as I anticipated from Joe Carnahan though.

220px-Narc_Poster.jpg

I wanted to see Priest 3D. She wanted to see Bridesmaids. Bottomline: Bridesmaids was a lot funnier than I anticipated.

Bridesmaids_poster.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I saw Priest, it is exactly The Searchers. Replace the Indians with vampires, John Wayne with Paul Bettany, and "Indian Fighters" with "Priests" and it's pretty much the same movie only with half-assed action scenes and a more boring story involving vampire trains.

I saw Priest, it is exactly The Searchers. Replace the Indians with vampires, John Wayne with Paul Bettany, and "Indian Fighters" with "Priests" and it's pretty much the same movie only with half-assed action scenes and a more boring story involving vampire trains.

So, what your telling me is it doesn't have Maya Rudolph shitting in the street? Hmm, maybe my gf I made the better film choice this past weekend after all. :D