Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

OK, will skip looking up BR II this week based on recomendations and the fact I just re-watched the trailer on youtube and it looks ridiculous. Now I remember why I haven't bothered w/ it all these years. Maybe I'll finally watch Azumi instead.

To be fair, the 80s Punisher was the only one that got it right (sans not having the skull) this is maybe and I would venture a guess even probably because there were no Garth Ennis stories to emulate at the time.

What can I say, the man's wrong most of the time. But when he's right--he's fuckin' right.

And I got around to finally seeing the much lauded documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty last night. Anyone that grew up w/ Disney in the late 80s and early 90s (basically most ppl here) should find this one very interesting.

I just wathed this french zombie movie called the horde. I liked it alot because it had some good blood and cool people in it. A good way to watch this because its horror is in the dark or at night time to make it seem scarier.- Keith (movie reviewer) xox

Crim, this is the same one DoJ recommended a while back, right? I've got it in my queue. The gf dislikes horror, so those films have been collecting dust for a while. Yet she loves zombies. The irony isn't lost on me. Speaking of which, Horde looks pretty good. What say Panch & Baytor?

Crim, this is the same one DoJ recommended a while back, right? I've got it in my queue. The gf dislikes horror, so those films have been collecting dust for a while. Yet she loves zombies. The irony isn't lost on me. Speaking of which, Horde looks pretty good. What say Panch & Baytor?

Slight tangent here but something that's been plaguing me of late: I can't tell who's wrong & right in this 'couples doing everything together' thing. Are you telling me that your interests(and assumedly some of the missus') are being left by the wayside in the name of forging some kind of compromise on everything? Not disparraging anyone's methodology here but again, it's coming to my attention more and more that Alana & I may be doing it wrong. I watch what I want, she watches what she wants. We RV every couple of nights to watch something that either party feels the other will enjoy, I just figured we're optomising out A/V absorbtion. And otherwise, I'd be a sucker like you that hasn't watched Insidious yet, or have Child's Play marathons at a whim.

Back on topic though,

10284346.jpg

Edited by The JZA

Vampires are soooo 2008. Zombies are done. There hasn't been a decent werewolf movie in a coon's age. Frankensteins are played out. No one cares about ghosts. The Manticore craze has burned out. Cthulhu has faded away. What's left, you ask? I'll tell you what's left.

TROLLS! no, no, not Juggalo Pete.

Slight tangent here but something that's been plaguing me of late: I can't tell who's wrong & right in this 'couples doing everything together' thing. Are you telling me that your interests(and assumedly some of the missus') are being left by the wayside in the name of forging some kind of compromise on everything? Not disparraging anyone's methodology here but again, it's coming to my attention more and more that Alana & I may be doing it wrong. I watch what I want, she watches what she wants. We RV every couple of nights to watch something that either party feels the other will enjoy, I just figured we're optomising out A/V absorbtion. And otherwise, I'd be a sucker like you that hasn't watched Insidious yet, or have Child's Play marathons at a whim.

I don't think you & Alana are going about it wrong. It's a personal preference, I guess. I don't do horror movies either and Ben loves them. I've told him numerous times that if he wanted to watch something in theatres, that he could and I would do something to keep busy while he was there (he refuses). I also queue horror movies for him on Netflix and I go to another room in the house while he watches them.

relationship stuff

I think you're doing it exactly right. That's how we live. I don't compromise anything I enjoy (except prostitutes) and she doesn't either (except being a prostitute). Occasionally one of us is pleasantly surprised by something we expected to hate, and we can high-five over it.

And better than that, we can high-five over doing it right!

Aarty- That sounds like a good policy too, I just hate going to horror movies by myself, or at least without a spotter. Ushers tend to remember your face when you come on their shoes.

sen watches a lot more stuff than i, and has great/similar taste in horror, kung-fu, comedy etc. she's also down to beta stuff for us whilst i work, and watch it again on my days off. if JZA's doing it wrong, i don't wanna be right, minus the cumming on Usher.

Amber and I's interests don't meet in a lot of places, usually I just watch stuff I enjoy with her present and she complains while I ignore her whilst watching things. On many occassions she's learned the error of her hateful ways and found out that movies like Murder Party, The Grand, A Boy and His Dog, and Rolling Kansas actually kick ass. She didn't warm up to Shaft though, clearly she can't enjoy the nuances of a "private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks", maybe I'll have better luck with Dolemite.

Amber and I's interests don't meet in a lot of places, usually I just watch stuff I enjoy with her present and she complains while I ignore her whilst watching things. On many occassions she's learned the error of her hateful ways and found out that movies like Murder Party, The Grand, A Boy and His Dog, and Rolling Kansas actually kick ass. She didn't warm up to Shaft though, clearly she can't enjoy the nuances of a "private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks", maybe I'll have better luck with Dolemite.

I've only seen one of those movies (A Boy and His Dog), and heard of a couple others (Shaft and The Grand, though I know next to nothing about the later).

Edited by Lycaon

During the years that I had free movie rentals, I must have picked up The Grand a dozen times and mulled it over, based entirely on the cast. I never got around to renting it though, and no one else ever did either. 'Baytor is literally the first person I've ever heard mention it.

And of course, now that I want to watch it, it isn't available to stream on Netflix . :mumble:

Wasn't the last thing I saw, but I forgot to mention it. I went with the girlfriend to see Fast 5 this past weekend. Wasn't expecting it to be as cool as it was. Acting was shitty, but that's not the reason to see the movie. The action was ridiculously over the top and well executed and bromosexual tension between the Rock and Vin Diesel was worth the ticket price. I have absolutely no desire to see any of the other movies. I do recommend this one though to any action fan as it was a pretty damn fun movie.

DoJ, surprised it took you this long to see Hanna. Or did it just hit theaters over there?

Wasn't the last thing I saw, but I forgot to mention it. I went with the girlfriend to see Fast 5 this past weekend. Wasn't expecting it to be as cool as it was. Acting was shitty, but that's not the reason to see the movie. The action was ridiculously over the top and well executed and bromosexual tension between the Rock and Vin Diesel was worth the ticket price. I have absolutely no desire to see any of the other movies. I do recommend this one though to any action fan as it was a pretty damn fun movie.

You know, the more ads I see for this thing (which are ubiquitous) the more I'm starting to drink the kool-aid. It does look like a damned good mindless-action film. I've tried twice to get the gf to see this one int he theater w/ me, but no dice. I may have to check it out w/ the guys on a weeknight...

And the last film I saw was THOR. It was awesomesauce.