Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Just watched The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Um.. its really fucked up. Even for my taste.

Man I remember seeing the trailer for that a while ago and kept wondering when it was coming out. It looked really cool. gonna have to find it now

Edit: well apparently someone managed to get the entire thing on youtube in one video. gonna watch that one methinks

Edited by axel_napalm

it was ok. i think the trailer was slightly misleading. they played all the crazy parts in the trailer so it made it look like a creepier movie. not that the movie wasn't creepy, but it was actually more sad than anything.

i finally saw 127 hours. apparently i'm totally fine with watching amputations but i can't handle watching someone drink stagnant water.

panch, you're speaking blasphemy by putting ANY cera film above sp vs tw. the universe will bite you in the brown eye for that one. just sayin'.

I knew that was gonna irk ya, but I liked it WAY MORE than Scott Pilgrim. WAY, WAY MORE! Seriously. It was what Me, Myself and Irene SHOULDA BEEN (that movie had such potential, but always disappointed me).

it was ok. i think the trailer was slightly misleading. they played all the crazy parts in the trailer so it made it look like a creepier movie. not that the movie wasn't creepy, but it was actually more sad than anything.

i finally saw 127 hours. apparently i'm totally fine with watching amputations but i can't handle watching someone drink stagnant water.

I know! That pond looked like it would've done him more damage than the amputation. :gross:

Just watched The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Um.. its really fucked up. Even for my taste.

I saw that movie a few months ago, it managed to be one of the most fucked up things I've seen without using any gore whatsoever and honestly I was pretty impressed with that. Going in I didn't expect much given that the trailer was pretty dull and the director later went on to do Quarantine, but I was pretty impressed with what he accomplished. It's a shame that like 5 years later, MGM still has no plans to release it. Maybe someday.

Oh and at the end, did you also think

that the documentary film-maker was the killer? A lot of the shots he was doing with the camera were very un-documentary-like and it seemed like he just kept wanting to hear how awesome the guy was.

for future reference, panch, "hobo with a shotgun" is not going to be a serious movie deconstructing the dangers of the violent homeless population.

Reading this thread back a bit, this comment made me stop and laugh. Definite +1...

As for what I've watched.

adaptation1_1024.jpg

Proof that Cage can do great and mildly ridiculous at the same time.

Is the title really Die-ner (Get It?)? Wow. Still, I gotta see that.

machete_movie_poster.jpg?timestamp=1282987966279

I really should seen this in the theater. I loved it. Can't wait for Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again. Heh.

Didn't care for Machete. Was looking forward to it, and really wanted to like it, but it was so....meh. Not nearly as over-the-top as it needed to be.

Didn't care for Machete. Was looking forward to it, and really wanted to like it, but it was so....meh. Not nearly as over-the-top as it needed to be.

Damn, I felt the same way. It was like all of RR's action movies had been leading up to this awesome piece of work... and it just didn't deliver.

As for the last movie I watched, it was Rango. Thought it was very cool and alot of fun.

The "Clint Eastwood" cameo, however, lost alot of its shine when I found it wasn't even his voice

adjustment-bureau-poster.jpg

The Adjustment Bureau (base don a short story by Philip K. Dick)

I was a bit disappointed in this one, but the gf liked it more than I did. It was a lot less action and suspense than I anticipated. I'd say save for a rental. Also . . .

. . .don't go in expecting it to be int he realm of sci-fi. I know, the trailers were cleverly deceptive on that one. You may like the switcheroo payoff, but I for one was left feeling "meh" about it.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin