Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

IT was kind of a cozy catastrophe film, but it managed to stay suspenseful the whole way through.

Last night, I went and saw Drive Angry. The 3D was pretty pointless but it was a fun, stupid, gory movie that reminded me how awesome Nicolas Cage and Billy Burke used to be in the 90s. William Fichtner even seemed to be channeling Christopher Walken from The Prophecy at points and Tom Atkins is always welcome to stride into any movie and play a cop whenever he wants.

51qbg0thJEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ms. H & I saw this one on Saturday and loved it. Props to DOJ as well who was heralding the film and OST for a while now on Hondo's. He was spot on w/ both.

dogtooth

This was an Oscar nominated foreign film, no? Is it on Netflix instant?

Panch, I've been sitting on YIR for a while now. I'll dust it off this week and give it a look.

Did you seethe first two? If so, did you like those two, and dislike this one? Seems if you saw the first two, you would know what you were getting into with the third.

The first two were funny and had some sense of originality. Its like they just ran out steam and stopped trying for this one. Although they explicitly blame Fox for that and I believe them. This was the same crap Family Guy falls into every so often. Lame ass (and sometimes completely irrelevant) pop culture references and those irritating repetition jokes (Peters "hssss-aaaaah hssss-aaaaah" for instance) they've done to death at this stage.

Panch, I've been sitting on YIR for a while now. I'll dust it off this week and give it a look.

This is what it was for me: you know how Jim Carrey has tons of great movies, but Liar, Liar seems to be quietly the universal favorite? The film in his catalog that is just the fan's favorite even if its not his best? Youth in Revolt is like that to me. Cera's made Superbad and Scott Pilgrim, but this flick is quietly my favorite.

Edited by APANCHALYPSE RETURNS