Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

It means "I'm typing this post on my phone, which tends to like to change words to what it thinks i want to say.". I know correcting people's spelling and grammar makes your ego's dick super rock hard but we've discussed this in the past.

Edited by Iambaytor

Hah, that's what you get for dissenting. Now you know how I feel, in all seriousness though we're just trying to stay optimistic. In truth I've had misgivings about them switching up the character dynamic between Frost being the loveable idiot and Pegg being the uptight, ostensibly responsible, one. I'm basically hopeful that my bored indifference of Paul somehow translates to genuine enjoyment of The World's End.

It means "I'm typing this post on my phone, which tends to like to change words to what it thinks i want to say.". I know correcting people's spelling and grammar makes your ego's dick super rock hard but we've discussed this in the past.

Jesus, I was trying to determine which word you meant because I wasn't sure what you meant, not to correct you.

Baytor - couldn't agree more on the Pegg/Frost dynamic. I said from the off that having Nick Frost as the Straight Man was just odd. Sure enough it didn't work for me. Frost has lovable fool down to a fine art whereas Pegg just made it cringey and lame.

I also watched Gladiator for like the 15th time the other day. Let's all talk about that film now.

[voice from the back of the room]Hey yeah Shane let's talk about that one and not The Worlds End anymore. Great idea, champ![\voice from the back of the room]

Watched The To Do List last night.

The-To-Do-List-movie-poster.jpg

This is a hard-R, coming-of-age, teen sex comedy. The twist is that it's not a male coming-of-age teen sex comedy. I'm a big fan of Aubrey Plaza and she plays a pretty different character from Parks & Rec's April here. It's set in the early 90's because (this is my speculation at this point) there's a lot of the humor about the main character not knowing what certain sex-terms mean and not knowing how to find out what they mean, and that can't really work if the internet is available to the character. And it give the movie lots of opportunities for small laughs throughout poking fun at the early 90's.

Lots of supporting characters from some actors I really like, including Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson in Marvel movies), Bill Hader (SNL), Alia Shawkat (Maeby from Arrested Development), Donald Glover (Troy from Community), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin), and some cameos from Andy Sandberg (SNL) and Jack McBreyer (Kenneth from 30 Rock).

I thought the movie was really funny and sex-positive, and I would recommend it. A lot of the funniest parts are in the trailer, but definitely not all the funniest parts.

Edited by Reverend Jax

haha yeah, stuff stays perpetually in queue but i wanna say i mentioned your co-sign...i swear i'd heard mos do that voice on a skit or b-side or something and its obviously/purposely corny, but even with that & the character cliches i couldn't deny shit was touching

you were just waiting to see what the cake said, but i was like AWWWWWW

we could do a whole thread about how some rappers can carry way better as actors than others, but you know i wanna like Mos to begin with & never did check out hitchiker's guide for fear of how that went, but this was cool

oh yeah, he was fun in Dex

a lotta these dudes do well and don't stray too far from roles they're comfortable with - Meth in the Wire, stuff like that. i picture Com loving his roll in Hell on Wheels...what else has he done though? i can't recall offhand

while on this note: i wanna say Cube and Pac turned out to be some of the standout crossover dudes, the latter i really think would've developed some interesting range if he'dve gotten older & was inclined, which i wanna say would've been likely. sometimes the guys i think would be great don't pan out though, like say Nas in Belly....

Nas I love, but you can tell this guy wasn't made for acting. When you see interviews, he just seems stiff. Awkward. You have to have a little looseness to act.

Common's been a bunch of stuff. That newest Terminator one, Wanted, some romantic comedy with Queen Latifa. He's got some range.